Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2009, 22:38   #691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidgo7 View Post
1.3 MULTIJET FGT 75PS
Any reasons for FIAT not launching the VGT??
The sales exec at my place had told me that it would be the VGT(guess he was wrong).

I was so very waiting for the VGT!!
Had my hopes pinned on it!! 6.5 lacs ex-showroom for a FGT suddenly seems like a overkill since we get the same mill in the Swift and the Vista!!
Old 13th May 2009, 22:41   #692
BHPian

I was literally hopping up and down when i assumed the launch to be on 17th May. But June!! that seems so far now

Though a big thanks to Sidgo7!

Cant wait to drive this baby now!!!
Old 13th May 2009, 22:54   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
medium gray

blue metallic[this one is fabulous]

I AM VERY SURE national launch is on 17TH JUNE!
I was waiting for this color thanks SID
Does the Emotion petrol come with alloys as in Linea?
Old 13th May 2009, 23:04   #694
Senior - BHPian

I was expecting the VGT. Now it has to be priced tad above Swift. Overall this car is already a winner to me.
Old 13th May 2009, 23:12   #695
BHPian

Exclusivity Fiat exclusivity. VGT multijet would have given it some exclusivity. Fiat had a chance of maintaining exclusivity. Now it just seems like our national engine portfolio got stronger.

Compared to swift, if the FGT couldn't do it for cheaper Palio and Vista, I wonder how successful it would be for pricier GP.
Old 13th May 2009, 23:12   #696
BHPian

grande punto launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
I was waiting for this color thanks SID
Does the Emotion petrol come with alloys as in Linea?
emotion petrol doesnt come with alloys!
Old 13th May 2009, 23:15   #697
BHPian

Why FGT???? They already have VGT in Linea which is perfect for this premium hatch. Now after Ritz, jazz - don't tel me that GP is also going to disappoint me. Man, I am frustrated! :(
Old 13th May 2009, 23:20   #698
BHPian

grande punto launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Why FGT???? They already have VGT in Linea which is perfect for this premium hatch. Now after Ritz, jazz - don't tel me that GP is also going to disappoint me. Man, I am frustrated! :(
lets wait for fiat to declare prices on 17th june! please dont jump to any conclusions regarding any factors in the car!there may be a reason for everything they put in or dont!
Old 13th May 2009, 23:35   #699
BHPian

thanks for your review sidgo7
again,like how you say, lets all wait for the prices before we jump to conclusions.
Old 13th May 2009, 23:48   #700
BHPian

Quote:
lets wait for fiat to declare prices on 17th june! please dont jump to any conclusions regarding any factors in the car!there may be a reason for everything they put in or dont!
I know, they might even price it at 6L OTR now, but I was ready to give 7L+ for VGT top version. Give me 86 BHP VGT instead of 75 BHP FGT. I thought they had plans of putting VGT itself in GP, what went wrong???

I think Swift may come up with ZDI and eat up GP sales if it is indeed FGT. Fiat has winner in VGT 86 BHP which gives 18+ KMPL in Linea, it woule surely give better performance and KMPL in lighter GP. Why do they need to come down to 75 BHP stuff?
Old 14th May 2009, 00:13   #701
BHPian

Totally disappointed. I have tears in my eyes after reading sidgo's post

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Give me 86 BHP VGT instead of 75 BHP FGT. I thought they had plans of putting VGT itself in GP, what went wrong???
Why do they need to come down to 75 BHP stuff?
I was hoping against hope that they would get out something more powerful than the GTX I own now. The 1.3VGT would have equalled the GTX but now I am totally disappointed.

How I was dreaming of the 1.6vgt and then using the tuning box for 154bhp and 38kgm.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ed-europe.html

It was all a dream that has gone bust. I had liquid cash of 8 lakhs just to buy the base version of the 1.6vgt but now I will have to put it in the stock market and probably burn my fingers again. Why is the company torturing me? Why oh why?

Last edited by drpullockaran : 14th May 2009 at 00:16.
Old 14th May 2009, 00:34   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Why is the company torturing me? Why oh why?
As far as i understand you are torturing yourself, why not buy anything other than a Fiat, how about an Optra Magnum or a Getz Diesel or a Verna, awesome value for your hard earned money and it's got everything that you want in it and you don't have to service it yourself like you do with your palio now.

Come on Doc Surprise Us.
Old 14th May 2009, 00:51   #703
BHPian

There are only two possible reasons why the 1.3 MJet FGT is being used instead of the VGT -

1]Aggressive pricing and
2] To justify the premium paid by a Linea buyer. They must have realised that a VGT diesel would certainly take some sales away from the Linea D, especially given the fact that the Punto would then be identical (engine specs & features wise) to the Linea on almost all counts, variant to variant. If the expected pricing for the GP is to be believed, the Emotion+ should retail close to 7L, whereas the Linea Emotion+ sells at around 9L! The price difference of 2L is actually a bit too much for just a boot.

This also means that the Palio D will be put to rest most certainly.

Now what happens if and when Fiat finally give the Linea the 1.6 VGT? The 1.3VGT would probably make its way under the GP's hood then?

Last edited by roms : 14th May 2009 at 00:57.
Old 14th May 2009, 01:09   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
There are only two possible reasons why the 1.3 MJet FGT is being used instead of the VGT -

1]Aggressive pricing and
2] To justify the premium paid by a Linea buyer. They must have realised that a VGT diesel would certainly take some sales away from the Linea D, especially given the fact that the Punto would then be identical (engine specs & features wise) to the Linea on almost all counts, variant to variant. If the expected pricing for the GP is to be believed, the Emotion+ should retail close to 7L, whereas the Linea Emotion+ sells at around 9L! The price difference of 2L is actually a bit too much for just a boot.
#1 could be the only possible reason.
#2 could not possibly be since Fiat is also offering similar specd petrol i.e. 1.4 FIRE in both GP & Linea! I personally dont think there is any reason for rewarding the petrol buyers and punish the diesel folks.

Anyways, its not just the bhp that matters since we can hardly expect to go 150+ on our highways now(for which 75bhp is enough),specially with the cam totting interceptors on road. As Sidgo has mentioned that the driveability has improved which could possibly mean that the torque figure/curve must have been altered to some extent.

@Sidgo: Could you possibly provide us with the torque details?
Old 14th May 2009, 01:25   #705
BHPian

Another reason can be that Fiat has a lot of 1.3FGTs waiting to be plugged into Palio which didn't sell as much as expected. So one can expect a 1.3VGT in a few months time in the GP
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks