Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2009, 14:49   #811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidgo7 View Post
SERVICE AND AFTER SALES
15000KM SERVICE INTERVAL
OIL CHANGE AT 30000KM
you mean oil changes will be every 30,000kms? What will they do at the 15,000kms service then?

Quote:
INTERIORS
DUAL TONE INTERIORS OF BLACK AND GRAY COLOUR!
SIMILAR IN AESTHETICS TO LINEA EXCEPT THE BEIGE COLOR!
No beige? Not even in Emotion trim? That's sounds GOOD!

You said the blue metallic is the best colour. Is it like the New Orleans blue?
Old 17th May 2009, 16:07   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
No beige? Not even in Emotion trim? That's sounds GOOD!

You said the blue metallic is the best colour. Is it like the New Orleans blue?

The absense of beige has somewhat evened out the ommission of VGT. I am still eager to see how the fiat guys have tuned the engine and how it drives the car. The vista's torque feels quite good compared to the swift and i hope it is better or atleast on the same lines in the Punto. The Gear shift quality is something i would like to see an improvement if we have a new gear box other than the Palio/Vista.

The vista's A/C isnt that effective and hope this is taken care of also.( I Guess fiat hasnt got anything to with vista's A/C in the first place)

Am comparing with the Vista and might be bit OT excuse me.

New look Interiors for Punto is something they could have done something about which looks a bit dated when you compare with i20 and the Jazz.

Blue and Red are the hot colors to watch out IMO.

Diesel I20 with a nice price tag would do the trick for Hyundai if it wants to revive its sales in this upper segment of hatchbacks ( Am sure they will get the pricing on the higher side only going bhy their past strategies)
Old 17th May 2009, 16:08   #813
Senior - BHPian

These are the colors available in international range. The blue Sidgo7 is referring to must be the new orleans blue.
Punto in new orleans blue looks like the ones in last 2 pics
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-punto_colors.png  

Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-punto1.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-punto2.jpg  

Old 17th May 2009, 16:36   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
These are the colors available in international range. The blue Sidgo7 is referring to must be the new orleans blue.
Punto in new orleans blue looks like the ones in last 2 pics
That's the blue I've been looking for! I saw the color in the UK Grande Punto's brochure and have been drooling

Btw, an orange Punto looks stunning too!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-orangepunto.jpg  

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 17th May 2009 at 16:38.
Old 17th May 2009, 16:49   #815
Senior - BHPian

Oh,i firmly believe this one is the second hot hatch(in my opinion)lolz.The orange one is looking so much dressed for the ocassion like.Now the wait is getting on my nerves,
ram
Old 17th May 2009, 19:03   #816
Senior - BHPian

At what price point will the Punto be launched ?
Sorry for posting again if this has already been answered, but I cannot read through 55pages. Thanks to anyone who cares to post it once again here.
Old 17th May 2009, 21:52   #817
BHPian

This post is a repeat for Rigid Rotor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
"It effectively makes the 120bhp and 130bhp 1.9-litre diesels redundant: it's just not worth paying any extra for these as they really don't feel any quicker in real-life, every-day driving, and their 8-valve engines feel less flexible than the 16-valve 1.3. They're also considerably less economical, and feel a bit more nose-heavy to drive."

But then, expecting six forward gears in GPs sold in Bharat Desh may be a bit over the top.
Most on this forum know about this 16 valve 1.6VGT I am talking about. This repost is for your benefit. The 1.3 in any form cannot hold a candle to this engine. Please go through the links and know why I am so damn crestfallen. Also note that very few parts inventory increase for the parent company to release this engine in India which I read somewhere on the net when googling.

Fiat Bravo: All the strengths of the new 1.6 Multijet 16v engine - Auto news

Fiat Grande Punto 1.6 Multijet 120hp

After reading the above get ready for the bombshell link below.

P-Tronic additional box-units :: power kit ::engine chips :: diesel chips :: power box-units :: diesel tuning :: power box-unit :: chiptuning :: increase engine power :: diesel booster :: TDI tuning :: additional box-unit (NEW)

Who needs any other engine with the above combination. All the grunt we would ever need in Indian conditions with unbelievable fuel efficiency too. Its not the 0-100 in 8 seconds that I am impressed with but the thrill of wheelspin in 3rd gear with a dab of the throttle. Wheel spin in 4th is possible with a little bit of clutch slip which I would never do anyway. Ultra sticky tires is a must with this combo. By the way I do not drive above 120kmph even on ruler flat and empty roads.

I saved up 6-8 lakhs white money( very difficult) over 2 years just for the above combination and now probably going to burn my fingers in the stock market. Can anyone help me import this combo.
Old 17th May 2009, 21:54   #818
Senior - BHPian

The Punto in "Exotic Red"!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-fiat_grandpunto_107_1024x768.jpg  

Old 17th May 2009, 22:02   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The Punto in "Exotic Red"!
Thats currently my wallpaper on my laptop. Had put it up last month.
Old 17th May 2009, 22:25   #820
BHPian

I really like the alternative green colour hopes fiat gets it to India
Old 18th May 2009, 00:54   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post

The vista's A/C isnt that effective and hope this is taken care of also.( I Guess fiat hasnt got anything to with vista's A/C in the first place)
Fiats and the Indica both come with the Voltas AC as far as I know. It's one of the best around. The AC was too good in a Palio MJD that I had test driven some time back. I hope they put in the same AC in the GP.
Old 18th May 2009, 09:13   #822
BHPian

As of now this is what is applicable
P-Tronic additional box-units :: power kit ::engine chips :: diesel chips :: power box-units :: diesel tuning :: power box-unit :: chiptuning :: increase engine power :: diesel booster :: TDI tuning :: additional box-unit (NEW)

Original values
KW bhp Nm
55 75 190
With P-Tronic
71 97 261
Gain
16 22 71
% Gain
+29% +29% +37%
Reduction of fuel consumption:
-15 % (estimation)

Fiat Panda 1.3 JTD Multijet 16v (75 bhp)

Serial numberAPTB06Effort Easy
Price : 615.00 EUR (*)
Old 18th May 2009, 10:58   #823
BHPian

I'm yet to purchase the PSI tuning box from Petes for my Linea. Where can I get the P-Tronic box in India? It claims to boost power to 115bhp. I wouldn't mind even if it cost more than the PSI box.

Just couldn't stop day dreaming about the 1.4 T-jet petrol with 194bhp

Even for the 120bhp tuned 1.4 T-jet, P-tronic enhances upto 166bhp.

Quote:
As of now this is what is applicable

Original values
KW bhp Nm
55 75 190
With P-Tronic
71 97 261
Gain
16 22 71
% Gain
+29% +29% +37%
Reduction of fuel consumption:
-15 % (estimation)

Fiat Panda 1.3 JTD Multijet 16v (75 bhp)

Serial numberAPTB06Effort Easy
Price : 615.00 EUR (*)

Last edited by opendro : 18th May 2009 at 11:08. Reason: Mentioning about 1.4 T-jet tuning box
Old 18th May 2009, 12:37   #824
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Fiats and the Indica both come with the Voltas AC as far as I know.
I am not sure about the Fiat, but the Indica used to come with Subros or Behr. I have a Behr unit in my Marina and it is good.
Old 18th May 2009, 12:57   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Blue and Red are the hot colors to watch out IMO.
Hi to all - especially those waiting for the GP!!
Was on way to Shirdi (from Pune) on 16/05 - saw the GP painted a wonderful red & white colour (may be they are testing how the colour looks like because rear door was only painted only half in red). Unfotrunately, it was going on the opposite direction - so could not get a picture.
While filling the petrol in bunk somewhere ahead of Ranjangaon, had a chat with the owner of the pump. He said that Fiat is a regular customer and they fill fuel at his pump. He was telling the GP test car drivers (any idea how these guys are selected for the job?!) said the launch is likely in a month and the diesel is the one to watch out for. Says the car is fully loaded and better than some of the sedans around.
Saw the regular GP on test drive on my way back to Pune (had already taken their pictures) - so indication about an early launch appear to be optimistic.
By the way, when you drive along the Pune - Nagar road, you will be able to the see cars from the production line parked - may be a good binocular will helping in spotting the GP's!
And don't know how many agree with this - Linea has the best derriere amongst the sedans! It was love at first sight - too bad that it is beyond my budget! *
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks