Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2009, 22:22   #961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Hitched a ride with my neighbor who is a marketing guy in Tata since my cars out on service . I asked him round about questions n all the cars :

1. Punto -- launched in June second week. Dealer staff trained. Car already under oduction. He had been to the Ranjangaon plant where they were trained on the car. He has been to Ahmednagar and back on the GP 2 weeks back. Will have probably same lineage as the Linea and similar number of variants and specs.

2. Indigo sedan -- launch postponed to Oct 09 -- will be launched just before diwali. This is to give sometime to GP and linea to consolidate their space in the market. I was keen on replacing my current indigo with either new one or linea . new Indigo to have similar type of engine lineup as Vista and far more features than current gen indigo. Indigo XL to be discontinued. Indigo CS will go the Vista way only next year.

3. Grande -- could go under the scalpel. It has not been received well in the market and they want to reposition it against the Xylo to compete price and features.

4. Safari -- Doing well. No upgrades expected this year. New model launch still a hush hush affair. No details divulged.
grande sumo has been silently launched with 90 ps TCIC engine at a lower price. It has "turbo" badging at the rear quarter panel, according to a vehicle I saw registered as a taxi. initially I thought that the badging was fake but looking at the window sticker from tata factory, it read sumo grande LX TCIC BS 3, then I realised that the old engine has ben strapped on the grande.
Old 29th May 2009, 04:48   #962
BHPian

I gave a cheque of 1.5 lacs to asl motors jamshedpur and they have promissed me the first piece of punto in town.I would be getting he white diesel emotion pack.
Old 29th May 2009, 09:52   #963
BHPian

Wow! June Launch! thats great! first confirmed news from Fiat!
Alas! but no fixed dates as yet!
anyways june is just 2 days away!
cant wait to see the car in flesh!
way to go FIAT!
Old 29th May 2009, 10:13   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuja365 View Post
I gave a cheque of 1.5 lacs to asl motors jamshedpur and they have promissed me the first piece of punto in town.I would be getting he white diesel emotion pack.
Wow thats quick
congrats hope you get it soon
Old 29th May 2009, 10:14   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Did he say anything more about the car?
Old 29th May 2009, 10:18   #966
BHPian

Quote:
so the first piece of punto in your town is confirmed to be a white one? - what if a red one reaches the showroom before the white one. So i am guessing yours will be the first white diesel emotion pack punto in town Just kidding dude, congrats!!!!! Please post a thread on first impressions et al with lots of pics as soon as you get it and make sure you do a thorough predelivery inspection.
Old 29th May 2009, 10:28   #967
BHPian

I haven't seen a white punto.
I would any day go for a blue or Orange colors. These two colors are HAWT.
Do check them out ahuja365!!!
Old 29th May 2009, 10:50   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
it adorns the homepage here http://www.fiatpunto.com/
Old 29th May 2009, 10:59   #969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I would any day go for a blue or Orange colors. These two colors are HAWT.
Do check them out ahuja365!!!
orange is not coming to India yet, i have seen the white one (picture).
It looks awesome
Old 29th May 2009, 11:21   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Badhaiyaaan!

White is the best color on Punto & you can keep on doing ABARTH kind of stuff to make it more HAWT!
Old 29th May 2009, 11:21   #971
BHPian

Hey this link is corrupted - Fiat Grande Punto
Old 29th May 2009, 11:29   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Hey this link is corrupted - Fiat Grande Punto
works perfect for me - i am using firefox
Old 29th May 2009, 11:32   #973
BHPian

More updates

Had a second round of discussion with my neighbour on the way to work ( my car still at TASC grrrrrrrrrrr............)

1. GP -- 9th or 10th June tentative date. They know that Jazz is going to hog all the limelight and are worried @ going head on for eyeball space and mindspace. The H badge can ask for a premium no fiat-tata hence they worry. The performance of all engines will be detuned to make it look a tad lower in performance than the linea. this is true for petrol versions. diesels would remain as is

2. Indigo -- They have been given standing instructions to correct any and all things that come back as feedback from the vista. This will help them make less mistakes and launch a product worthy enough to fight it out with Dzire. Right now dzire is hitting indigo sales at all the undesirable spots and its hurting them. They are desperate for a launch before dussera ( market conditions and production constraints is what could spoil the party) . Vista based CS model last in priority amongst all launches. would be a notchback based on vista rather than an indigo with the cut out boot.

3. Grande -- tushky confirmed that grande lowest spec brought in to get taxi and car operators a better looking sumo. the interiors could be revamped for all higher spec models to take the battle to the xylo . Exteriors have been well received and could remain as is. They want to make this the flagship MUV model before more competition arrives.

4. Safari -- well people come to look at the Grande and end up buying the lower spec Safari. So its keeping the Safari alive for want of better options within tata stable. They dont want the Grande to eat into the Safari and are in a fix how to tackle this situation

Last edited by kpbhatt : 29th May 2009 at 11:33. Reason: GP updates for engines
Old 29th May 2009, 11:40   #974
BHPian

I have to agree.
White looks delicious.
Old 29th May 2009, 11:49   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
grande sumo has been silently launched with 90 ps TCIC engine at a lower price. It has "turbo" badging at the rear quarter panel, according to a vehicle I saw registered as a taxi. initially I thought that the badging was fake but looking at the window sticker from tata factory, it read sumo grande LX TCIC BS 3, then I realised that the old engine has ben strapped on the grande.
OT: I saw one at Concorde when I was there last week, the SA told me that it was the 3 litre DI turbo from the Sumo, I did see the lump but could not see the nomenclature as in 483, 475 etc. So I dont know if it was the 2.0l or 3.0l.

Did the one you saw have black matt bumpers ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks