Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2009, 22:02   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
The interior lack the Modern design and looks so normal. A Fiat fan definitely will jump over to this, but for others i still have doubt in my mind. So this car only can win in Performance in my opinion/view.
I agree unless the price is surprising , it wont be any competition to the marutis(swift/ritz) or the hyundais(i 20)
Old 7th June 2009, 08:20   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
I agree unless the price is surprising , it wont be any competition to the marutis(swift/ritz) or the hyundais(i 20)
I can agree here with Hyundai i20 and also the the fact that GP has a bit of aged interior.Then again, commenting on that without seeing the car in flesh also doesnt make sense. But Swift. Does it look that classy/modern (atleast now!!!).

Last edited by hotpursuit : 7th June 2009 at 08:22.
Old 7th June 2009, 09:24   #1083
BANNED

Being seen the car i can tell you GP's future lies on its Performance and the Pricing as ms001 said. If it falls in between the Ritz and Swift .. viola we have a winner.
Old 7th June 2009, 09:38   #1084
BHPian

@Wildon

As per the figures,the total length of the Grande Punto exceeds the 4000mm margin and would not get the "small" car benefits .You sure about this?

FIAT should have modified the car(just a matter of 30mm) and that would have made the prices more competitive.

Also agree with quite a few people that the rear is a mismatch,too bland.

Cant wait for the next 2 weeks.This week the Jazz launch followed by GP next week

Last edited by joy_swift : 7th June 2009 at 09:42.
Old 7th June 2009, 10:25   #1085
BANNED

^^ The Front Bumper has been chopped it around 50mm to reduce the length as per the Tata person said over there.

In Linea The Dynamic Pack option was there and in GP its missing, few/lot of may be disappointed by not getting an ABS with EBD as option in the Dynamic/pk

Last edited by wildon : 7th June 2009 at 10:37.
Old 7th June 2009, 10:42   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Being seen the car i can tell you GP's future lies on its Performance and the Pricing as ms001 said. If it falls in between the Ritz and Swift .. viola we have a winner.
Well Ritz and Swift are almost similarly priced. I have a lingering feel that GP with same equipment level as Swift will undercut it, even if by few thousand rupees and for such a large and spacious hatch with those gorgeous looks and safety record its simly brilliant value for money.

Its the rear bumper rather than front which has been chopped and reprofiled a little.
Old 7th June 2009, 10:57   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I was in Lonavala on Thursday to attend to a seminar at Fariyas Hotel. To my surprise, i saw 3 Grand Punto cars, 2 metallic silver and 1 black which were being examined a dozen of people, few of them looked like students.
I talked to B U Bhandari guys yesterday & they confirmed about being in the sales training of Grande Punto in Lonavala.

So these were all the sales people you saw getting ready to sell GP
Old 7th June 2009, 12:00   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpursuit View Post
I can agree here with Hyundai i20 and also the the fact that GP has a bit of aged interior.Then again, commenting on that without seeing the car in flesh also doesnt make sense. But Swift. Does it look that classy/modern (atleast now!!!).
We already know what it looks like and what it has to offer in comparison to the competition.
The petrol if priced high will take a pounding from swift , i 20, ritz.
The diesel will face it from SWIFT,i 20 , jazz.
The peace of mind that you get when you enter a maruti dealership in comparison to a tata fiat is still substantial.
People are not ready to pay more for a fiat product even if it is above the rest in all aspects , AKA Linea.

Quote:
IMO it has to be less than both RITZ and SWIFT because people are still not very confident about FIAT A.S.S.
Linea sales are constantly declining in comparison to the over priced under featured honda city
Old 7th June 2009, 13:37   #1089
BHPian

Pre-Launch de-chequered Puntos spotted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
I talked to B U Bhandari guys yesterday & they confirmed about being in the sales training of Grande Punto in Lonavala.

So these were all the sales people you saw getting ready to sell GP
I was at The Golden Palms Spa and Resort on the outskirts of bangalore for the day, and we spot the 3 puntos, Pune reg, all covered up in the parking lot, just as we were walkin towards them, the cover blew up a little to reveal their awesome front end........and while my brother was busy shootin away, along came a mighty gust and blew the entire cover off....... ah, divine intervention!!!!

[Tbhp attachment thingy was playing up! Ill try an upload in a bit!]
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-dsc00122.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-dsc00124.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-dsc00127.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-dsc00128.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-dsc00131.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-dsc00132.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Edmund : 7th June 2009 at 13:53.
Old 7th June 2009, 13:52   #1090
BHPian

I had expected FIAT to under-tyre the GP, to save costs. Looks like they haven't. Well done!
Old 7th June 2009, 13:52   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Edmund,

Oh am waiting for the rest of the pics if you have clicked
Its looking beautiful in that pic, alloys i feel are better than those of Linea and better to have a change too.

If in silver the car looks so good what would it look in RED Am waiting for 13-14 june, i will go to get my Linea serviced and most probably will have a look at the punto there.
Old 7th June 2009, 13:52   #1092
BANNED

Update: I saw another GP in Minimal Grey Color Today and got a chance to get inside this time

Although i carried a camera this time but i was not allowed to click it

This time again it was a Emotion pk but a Diesel. Got in to the drivers seat (but no Keys)and by seeing the dash i remembered the old Zen. Its not eye caching. view is good from the drivers seat.

Had a look at the backseat and found enough room for 3 Adults.

The 60:40 seat - if you are folding it you can see the metal and some holes of the body and some wires going around which not a good sign particularly if you are carrying some heavy item and tires to pull or push for loading or unloading. while making the seat to the normal position i found difficulties as the seat belts hanging around in between which is also not a good sign

The boot is larger than the Swift and can be matched to the i20 may be.
+ they have fitted a "Boot Lamp" which u can found in indica cars. I think that s a "Tata initiative"

My view point:- If i have not seen i20, and the price below swift <25-30k i ll buy GP
Old 7th June 2009, 14:03   #1093
Senior - BHPian

the rear bumper of that Punto is huge and too much above the ground!

Last edited by theragingbull : 7th June 2009 at 14:05.
Old 7th June 2009, 14:08   #1094
BHPian

good catch Edumnd,
looks nice in silver...
hope to see the car in a more attractive color like Red,Blue,Black...
etc...

doesnt look like the cut off to get below the 4000mm mark seems to have affected the front that much...
however seems that the rear bumper has gone down the axe.
Old 7th June 2009, 14:27   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Wow, that silver G Punto looks great!

Red & dark Blue will be stunning!

Last edited by finneyp : 7th June 2009 at 14:28.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed