Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2009, 00:08   #1171
Senior - BHPian

I cant wait for 17th June.Im going to seriously consider GP as my next hatch.
Old 9th June 2009, 01:51   #1172
BHPian

one thing is sure. this thread will cross 100 pages before June 17th! hoping the punto will be as much a success as the interest shown to it in this thread
Old 9th June 2009, 06:18   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
one thing is sure. this thread will cross 100 pages before June 17th! hoping the punto will be as much a success as the interest shown to it in this thread
Can't agree more! Punto is being launched at a time when my brother-in-law is readying himself for a new car. I'm pushing him big time for the Punto and the photos from this thread have had a positive effect on him. Final decision will be taken on 17th after having a dekko of the car. For him it's Ikon TDCi or Punto as of now.
Old 9th June 2009, 08:02   #1174
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
the Interior is good too, some plastics are a lil rough, but still, very well put together.
All the versions had black interiors!!
No offence to any one, but the interiors looked like a piece of crap. I seriously hope image clarity to be the culprit, as many have already doubted. In reality, if the interiors are just like the image, then god help FIAT. Suddenly I have started finding the interiors of vista, i10, estilo and even palio way too good and modern.

Keeping my fingers crossed till I see punto in flesh though.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:03   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
No offence to any one, but the interiors looked like a piece of crap. I seriously hope image clarity to be the culprit, as many have already doubted. In reality, if the interiors are just like the image, then god help FIAT. Suddenly I have started finding the interiors of vista, i10, estilo and even palio way too good and modern.

The interiors looked bad only to those who saw it in snaps. In fact many have confirmed that the interiors are similar to Linea which is actually a positive thing. Interiors of a 9L car in a 6L car!!
Old 9th June 2009, 10:15   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone noticed that the Linea instrumentation has a white background while the Punto is all black? Fiat has smartly dumbed down the GP in comparision to the Linea.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:15   #1177
BHPian

Can anyone confirm the Alloy wheel size? 15" ?
Old 9th June 2009, 10:23   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Some observations:

1. The rear looks odd. Is it because of the length cutting at the rear? The international G Punto rear looks better than this.
2. The Emotion P/D normal tyres look very odd. The alloy design is good. Why not alloys on Emotion as well?
3. Front is STUNNING. Side profile looks good too.
4. Rear single reverse light looks weird and that too only on a single side.
5. Interiors are a direct pick from Linea with changed color combination. I hope it will match up Linea quality at least.
6. Even though its VFM, I wonder how many people will take a notice of it. Indians would not mind spending 2L more on 'H'. Of course 'H' very well deserves it.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:39   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Has anyone noticed that the Linea instrumentation has a white background while the Punto is all black? Fiat has smartly dumbed down the GP in comparision to the Linea.
Yes, if you remember, when the first pics of interiors of Blue Indian Spec Punto were put on some other forum where the person has driven the 1.4 Blue coloured GP. When we were discussing i pointed out the Instrument Cluster & Dials are Black & Grey & looks dull & dated

But in the case of the Red punto's interiors are concerned sure they are looking a bit dated in terms when we comepare them to linea, but the culprit can be the Phone Camera from which the photos have been taken.

I would reserve my statement on the interiors of the otherwise beautiful car till i have checked them out in person, it is evident from the pictures that the dual tone interiors Black & Grey combination are similar to A-Star, though i think that the A-Star has a more lighter shade of Grey in the lower part of the Plastic trims.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 9th June 2009 at 10:42.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:52   #1180
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
The interiors looked bad only to those who saw it in snaps. In fact many have confirmed that the interiors are similar to Linea which is actually a positive thing. Interiors of a 9L car in a 6L car!!
I sincerely hope you and 'many' are 100% right!
Old 9th June 2009, 10:59   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post

Seriously! The interiors seem a big let down. I do hope that it looks much better in flesh.
The front looks quite stunning, but the rear aint so great. Lets just hope the pricing is done right
Old 9th June 2009, 11:12   #1182
Senior - BHPian

fiatpunto.in finally has atleast 1 page ready man Thats a teaser and the website is yet to come. Seems they will launch website with launch of Jazz lol.

Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT : Launch on 17th June!-untitled.jpg
Old 9th June 2009, 11:14   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
Can anyone confirm the Alloy wheel size? 15" ?
185/60 R15 alloys on Emotion Pack

Since I am going for the Emo Pk, I did not check out the other vehicles. Unfortunately, there were 2 cars only,a diesel and a petrol:both Emo Pk.

The key fob is same as that in Fabia. The fob has foldable key and remote lock buttons.

Yup. I guess the pics dont do enough justice. The plastic quality, although not in the civic league, is definitely better than Swift.
I guess seeing is believing

Am head over heels in love with those small thumb-pads on the steering and those meaty Lineasque pods

Last edited by aqualeo2040 : 9th June 2009 at 11:25.
Old 9th June 2009, 11:23   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
whats the size on emotion ? does it have key less entry?
Old 9th June 2009, 11:25   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Thats heartening to note that it has atleast 185s. Can't stand the car without those alloys, looks odd.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks