Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2013, 16:16   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Driving with temporary registration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv View Post
https://aptransport.in/CFSTONLINE/Re...ionSearch.aspx

hello folks

is the link above correct for checking permanent registration number. i was told that my permanent registration number will be available by evening and i can check it online.
Yes.
My registration was facilitated by an agent. The car was inspected at 11:30 AM.
By 4 Pm my agent sent an sms with the car's registration number. I verified the same on this website.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 22:52   #47
BHPian

Hi guys. Need help. I'm planning to buy my car in chennai. i prefer getting it registered in my home town. So what are all the things i need to do to get only the temporary registration done. And what things i should make sure to get from the dealer to have the permanent registration done by myself at a latter date.

thank you...
Old 22nd October 2013, 20:22   #48
Senior - BHPian

The paper work required for temporary and permanent registrations are same. Just inform the dealer of your intent to register in your home town, he will give you the registration file along with temp number and temp registration slip from his local RTO. You will have 30 days from the date of temp registration to complete the permanent registrations.

Do remember it is 30 days to complete the registration and not apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Hi guys. Need help. I'm planning to buy my car in chennai. i prefer getting it registered in my home town. So what are all the things i need to do to get only the temporary registration done. And what things i should make sure to get from the dealer to have the permanent registration done by myself at a latter date. thank you...
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 09:16   #49
BHPian

If I purchase a 1980's car from KL and wish to use it in MH
What would be the steps?
The car does not have the Purchase Invoice.

Old 24th March 2015, 02:40   #50
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am planning to buy a new Gurgaon (where I work presently from the last 1 year). However, I plan to move back to Hyderabad by the end of 2015. Is there is an option of temporary 1 year registration in Gurgaon(Haryana).

I can't buy the car in Hyderabad and bring it over here due to finance and logistics issues (SBI branches in Hyd. won't give a car loan because I am working in Gurgaon and hence my salary slips are from Gurgaon).

Also, will the SBI Gurgaon give me a NOC to re-register the car in my native state Telagana (Hyderabad) but still continue the loan and hypothecation? Is it possible? Because I will not be in a position to close the full loan amount by the end of the year.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 24th March 2015, 21:28   #51
BHPian

Temporary registrations are for a maximum of 30 days as far as I know. You will have to register in Gurgaon and then re-register in the second state. NOC shouldn't be a problem.
Old 29th July 2015, 00:22   #52

All, need some advise. I dont have an Aadhar card yet but I have bought my vehicle and have delivery on a temporary registration in Hyderebad. Now I understand from the dealers agent that Aadhar is mandatory for permanent registration from Monday (27th July 2015) onwards. Now I am not sure what can be done. I will apply for Aadhar but what if I dont get it before 1 month temporary registration expiry ? The aadhar website does not give me confidence either when it says 60-90 days. But the dealers agent seems pretty confident I can get it in 1 week. Please advise? Is there a way to extend the temporary registration. What are the consequences of doing the permanent registration later than 1 month ?
Old 29th July 2015, 01:04   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberyn View Post
All, need some advise. I dont have an Aadhar card yet but I have bought my vehicle and have delivery on a temporary registration in Hyderebad. Now I understand from the dealers agent that Aadhar is mandatory for permanent registration from Monday (27th July 2015) onwards. Now I am not sure what can be done. I will apply for Aadhar but what if I dont get it before 1 month temporary registration expiry ? The aadhar website does not give me confidence either when it says 60-90 days. But the dealers agent seems pretty confident I can get it in 1 week. Please advise? Is there a way to extend the temporary registration. What are the consequences of doing the permanent registration later than 1 month ?
I guess you can extend it according to this:

http://www.aptransport.org/html/regi...istration.html

By the way, has the process of applying for TR and Permanent Registration has changed? Dealer asked for an Identity Proof and Proof of Address for TR. He said there's no need for a signature as it is done online. I had a hard time believing it. Is the road tax paid during the TR? And what about permanent registration, is it absolutely required that the owner must be there when the check happens? My dad stays in Delhi, but my family to Hyderabad in a year. I'm a buying a vehicle on his name in Hyderabad. It's cumbersome for him to make trips for silly things. Can somebody please confirm?
Ryuu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 02:19   #54
BHPian

Quote:
All, need some advise.
First, you should cross check this Aadhar regulation from another dealer.

Even if it has been enforced, then nothing to fret. I myself got my Aadhar only two weeks back and it was available for download (E-Aadhar) within 5 days! So, 1 week target is feasible provided biometrics are taken diligently. 60-90 days must be postal delivery time.

Also, temp. regn. can be renewed but you will have to find out Telangana-specific norms. Check with RTO/dealer.

See this post Temp Registration

Last edited by Senna4Ever : 29th July 2015 at 02:21.
Senna4Ever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 08:28   #55
BHPian

Quote:
what can be done. I will apply for Aadhar but what if I dont get it before 1 month temporary registration expiry ? The aadhar website does not give me confidence either when it says 60-90 days. But the dealers agent seems pretty confident I can get it in 1 week. Please advise?
You can give the aadhar card registration acknowledgement. That's what I did for a recent registration.
anilp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 09:09   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
I guess you can extend it according to this:

http://www.aptransport.org/html/regi...istration.html

By the way, has the process of applying for TR and Permanent Registration has changed? Dealer asked for an Identity Proof and Proof of Address for TR. He said there's no need for a signature as it is done online. I had a hard time believing it. Is the road tax paid during the TR? And what about permanent registration, is it absolutely required that the owner must be there when the check happens? My dad stays in Delhi, but my family to Hyderabad in a year. I'm a buying a vehicle on his name in Hyderabad. It's cumbersome for him to make trips for silly things. Can somebody please confirm?
Yes TR is done online. Road tax is paid during TR. The Car has to be there and like I mentioned the agent that the dealer uses said Aadhar Card is mandatory. What I dont know is if the owner has to be present in person. Also, its unclear if the Aadhar card has to have a local hyderabad address.
oberyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 12:36   #57
Senior - BHPian

I think there are options to pay tax for a lesser period than the LTT of 15 years. You would do well to visit the local RTO in Gurgaon, the RTO is fairly easily approachable and the exchange of information should not be a hassle.

The other option is to get loan approval here but get the disbursal done in Telangana. It is not a routine thing to do but is possible.

You may want to approach banks like the Andhra Bank to help you with this request for remote disbursal. Since they are based out of TL the chances of approval would be better.

Getting the car from TL to HR is just a matter of willing friends and a long weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueknight View Post
Hi Folks,

I am planning to buy a new Gurgaon (where I work presently from the last 1 year). However, I plan to move back to Hyderabad by the end of 2015. Is there is an option of temporary 1 year registration in Gurgaon(Haryana).

I can't buy the car in Hyderabad and bring it over here due to finance and logistics issues (SBI branches in Hyd. won't give a car loan because I am working in Gurgaon and hence my salary slips are from Gurgaon).

Also, will the SBI Gurgaon give me a NOC to re-register the car in my native state Telagana (Hyderabad) but still continue the loan and hypothecation? Is it possible? Because I will not be in a position to close the full loan amount by the end of the year.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 25th September 2015, 15:51   #58
BHPian

Hi,

I got delivery of my new classic 350 on 14th Sep. The dealership said that I will be receiving the registration number within a week and for now I can ride it with a temporary number KA-53 TC-XX. So far, I haven't received any reg numbers. When asked, people in dealership told alibis ranging from "we had a backlog from festival when we gave vehicle deliveries but RTO was closed" to "we have paid money, bank hasn't sent any DD to RTO".

What's bothering me is, when I went to give my bullet for first servicing, there were 3 more claasics with same number I wonder is it legal for me to ride with that number. I had planned for a ride on tomorrow and day after thinking I would receive reg number at least by 2 weeks, but now I have dropped it.

Please suggest, what can I do about this?
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:43   #59
BHPian

Hi,

I recently bought a TUV300, and am planning a Delhi-Mumbai-Delhi drive on it; starting tomorrow.

The situation right now is -

1. Car sports temporary registration number. But I have only a photo copy of temporary registration certificate because original was submitted at RTO for registration.

2. I have the road-tax receipt (in original) for permanent registration; and the permanent registration number (but no proof for it, because it is only on RC).

Is driving such a vehicle across states legal? Will cops trouble me?

Thanks

Nitin
Old 24th December 2015, 01:50   #60
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it is legal

and

Yes, they will bother you irrespective of the above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Is driving such a vehicle across states legal? Will cops trouble me?

Thanks

Nitin
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks