Team-BHP - cabbies and autos
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   cabbies and autos (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2769-cabbies-autos.html)

hey guys..
just recently my palio bumper was ripped apart by a cabbie who cut me....
and then my driver got agged by the dumass cops...

anyway to stop this or has anyone ever felt this happen with them....

any comments on autos and cabbies will help....

btw - my palio still in repairs

I remember seeing a Uno.. which was cut by a Padmini cab.. who hook like rear bumper got stuck in the unos front bumper and the whole jaw of the Uno came out!!!.. that guy in the Uno.. picked up the bumper, put it on the back seat of the Uno and just drove away silently!! still thinking why???

TOI clims that we will soon have a more organised taxi service on lines wiht that offered in singapore. 3 taxi companies where drivers are registered and choice of AC or non AC fare. question why do we need the japs to help us do this? i always figured that the Uno and Indica would be great cabs.....aha now i get it the powers that be need an channel to divert funds...so that is where the japs come in.

I also heard that the Mumbai Metro project has been enabled by Jap money. The contract says that the money is a 50 yr loan at 0.5% interest. this looks great in press but what i does not say is that the principal ammount has been inflated by a factor of 10 (maybe even 20!).

Well lotsa incidents with cabbies and autos but usually got the better of them

Was going along the road one day in our Sierra when an auto on the left was trying to cut in front of us. We honked once he didnt listen, twice he didnt listen.. honked a third time and he still didnt stay away and tried to cut in. Well we did next best thing. My brother rammed the Sierra into the auto. . The driver looked back at us with his khunnas and gaalis. I told him better go or else I'll givre him another knock

Auto guy just went away no comments

Boy did I enjoy that

Dippy

boy i hope i am not in front of u one day. if i am sms me i'd move out of the way.:D

guys the auto walla s are a very big pain in the suburbs . i have got my wagon R ' s rear bumper cracked 3 times in a period of 4 months . the bumper is still in a cracked condition .

Man.....these cabbies can really be a pain.....they r so gawd-damn irritating to even talk bout.
I never travel to the burbs anyways......so rickies dunt count.Even if i do,i hardly drive.
And due to the ricks,one gets too rural impression of that place.C`mon we`re livin in Bombay.....that too the 21st century.

hey guys what about those milkwala's on cycles and some bikers who assume that overtaking from the wrong side is their birth right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]what about those milkwala's on cycles and some bikers who assume that overtaking from the wrong side is their birth right

Been there done that. Trust me Pankaj its really fun to give these doodhwalas a scare when they try to vertake from the left. Just keep pushing the car towards the left and by the time ure done u'll see them bang into the footpath at the side and even fall at times.. In short Mumbaiya slang ' Dabaa dala'

Dippy

hey stratos...
the exact same thing happened to my car ....
and then when we went to register a complaint the cop ragged my driver for not gettin the cabbies name...
if i were drivin ( legally ) i would have screwd the coppie bad .....

i had a funny incident with a milkwala...
i had stoped on the left side of the road near my school ( there was just about enough space for the milkwallas bike to go through and he chose that option instead of comin form the other side - i repeat my car was stopped near the pavement - ...
anyway i didnot see him and opened my door and rammed his bike hard - broke a couple of thing but ,my car was intact - siena diesel

that was a good day .....
anyway...
these cabbies irratate me like so much....
imagine youare on marine drive with the rightlane free and less traffic...
u step on the gas only to be cut off by a cabbie doing 40 kmps in the right lane soryy
in between the right and middle lane...
and there wasnt any space to overtyake as my school bus was overtaking my car from the wrong side....
man i was really frustrated ....
wish i had flame throwers...
would overtake the cabbie right before the signal ..
stop with him behing me and step on the gas........
now that would be fun....

anyway hae to go - exams not allowed too much comp till 7th

Any experiences with the buses and truckies?? any1.

well buses ..the BEST and the ST guys . i can write a whole book on them maan.

most irritating is the BEST guys. in a 2 lane road the best goes and halts at the stop at an angle so that no one can get in front !!!

honking doesnt affect them..so i waited and then overtook him....stopped the car in the middle ..so that the best cudnt manuvoure around...got down, acted like i was searching an address .....boy the driver was pissed..but i took my own time...:D

that was fun !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (normally_crazy @ Sep. 17 2004,21:37)]honking doesnt affect them..so i waited and then overtook him....stopped the car in the middle ..so that the best cudnt manuvoure around...got down, acted like i was searching an address .....boy the driver was pissed..but i took my own time...:D

I do the same thing with the BST buses, overtake them n start slowing down to a crawl n dont let them through....really pisses them off, hehe i've even run a couple of them off the road (well atleast the fast lane), its difficult but can be done...these buses really bully everyone on the road....jus hate them to the core...n not to mention the maniacal cabbies n ricks ofcourse. these ricks are like little mosquitos on the roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I do the same thing with the BST buses, overtake them n start slowing down to a crawl n dont let them through

Heres my experience with a BEST guy : A race between me and a BEST.

Hey Dippy, I had a similar experience with an Auto. The guy was driving like a maniac on a crowded street.....cutting here and there. And he made the biggest mistake of almost hitting me. And once the traffic cleared out, I gave him a very scary cut and a couple of abuses. The next thing he does is pull the rick on my left and says something. I lowered the left windows and exchanhged a few abuses after which he asked me to pull over and sort it out. Obviously I was prepared for anything. I pulled out the Qualis jack-rod (a 4-feet iron rod, Thanks Toyota) from under my seat (supposed to be under the rear seat though) and kept it on the front seat and pulled over to the left. And it seems the auto guy seen me doing that and guess what! He didnt stop. He just drove away

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] pulled out the Qualis jack-rod

hey V12 , better tell me ur car number ....... or i better have team-bhp stickers on !!!!