Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2024, 19:04   #241

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

I was checking out the Nexon Diesel variant as an upgrade to our Suzuki Dzire but after reading this post, I will avoid Tata at all costs no matter how safe their cars are. I would choose reliability and peace of mind ownership any day.

Although I have received good reviews and feedbacks about the nearest Tata dealer/service center(few of my friends bought the car from there), if I receive a defective product it is gonna be a nightmare.

I am waiting for Creta/Seltos facelift model crash test ratings from BNCAP/GNCAP, even if they score a 4 star rating I'd happily buy it.

Last edited by graaja : 1st March 2024 at 19:20. Reason: Spacing for readability. Capitalisation of car names
r4jt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 21:20   #242
sln

re: My brand-new Tata Safari has been fully disassembled | EDIT: Dealer offers full refund!

Resolved

Hi all,

I am elated to give a Good news!!

After meeting with Mr. Vijay Bhasker Raju, the CEO of Select Cars, as a rare case they have agreed to refund the full amount of the car. I am grateful that he understood our plight and agreed to help our cause. Despite being busy, he gave a considerable amount of time to address our concern. He explained to me in detail the refund process and assured me that he will make the process smooth and resolve everything related to this.

I would also like to thank Mr. Saravana, Sr.General Manager - Service Operations. I was in distress and definitely wasn't easy to handle at times, but he was patient all the time and tried to help me. His handling my case, I must say is luck, most just give up.

I feel like I am just unlucky and I still believe this is a rare case and we shouldn't generalise it. This is also a proof that they are listening to the issues and ironing them out. Pretty sure Tata Safari will come strong among its competitors.

I would also like to thank Team BHP, fellow BHPians, my family and everyone, who supported me during this ordeal. Can't describe it in words.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st March 2024 at 21:32. Reason: edited
sln is offline   (405) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 21:26   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sln View Post

Resolved

Hi all,

After meeting with Mr. Vijay Bhasker Raju, the CEO of Select Cars, as a rare case they have agreed to refund the full amount of the car. I am grateful that he understood our plight and agreed to help our cause. Despite being busy, he gave considerable amount of time to us addressing our concern. He explained me in detail the refund process and has assured me that he will make the process smooth and resolve everything related to this.
Wow!! So happy to hear this news finally. Happy for you. I must say you have maintained your calm throughout such a bad situation and continued to have trust in TATAs.
Congratulations!
Kudos to TAMO too.
Just wondering if you'd not go for a new Safari now and would settle this with refund?
Rodie09 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 21:39   #244
BHPian

Dear sln, as a fellow Tata owner, I can completely empathize with your emotions. Picking a Tata car is akin to a lottery, ranging from a good experience to downright atrocious to what you are facing.

Now coming to your dilemma. Let me blunt, Tata group as a whole has no values, ethics or humanity. And this thread shows. They have, are and will milk all the goodwill of whatever JRD Tata stood for. And we have enough people in this country to keep falling for the PR game over and over again.

Next point, my only two cents is, get a PDI done or a proper check up from a reliable mechanic, to ensure the car is mechanically sound and the safety elements like airbags etc are not throwing errors. Post that, try selling off the car. Bear the loss. Maybe it's easy for me to say, but it is what it is. Either that or swallow the bitter pill and continue using it.

Coming to consumer courts, I have no clue, so can't comment. But what I do know is, these people are not good people, and us winning a case isn't going to change them, when the loss borne by them would be worth a foreign business trip. Chump change for the inhuman executives. I have experienced and heard enough about the 'Tata' way and they aren't changing anytime soon. The culture in that Pune factory is rotten to the core. So go ahead with the courts if considerate damages is expected on consulting with lawyers, but don't expect an apology or any regret from these apathetic clowns.

Edit: wow. congratulations sln. Wishing you peace and happiness. I stand by my words though, if the clowns from Tata are reading this

Last edited by TROOPER : 1st March 2024 at 21:42. Reason: edit post resolution
TROOPER is offline   (63) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 21:40   #245
Senior - BHPian

Happy that this was resolved. But not willing to give credit to Tata or the dealer. This was only because of the pressure piled on by this thread and social media. They concluded that the damage caused by this thread being open is much more than complete refund. I will appreciate tata if they are willing to help thousands of other voiceless customers in the same way.
poloman is offline   (67) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 21:57   #246
Team-BHP Support

Credit where it's due. Whatever triggered the sudden change of mind in the last few days, it's a WIN for this specific customer who gets to walk away from a disaster 'financially' unscathed.

Does NOT paper over the gaping holes in Tata's production, assembly and quality SOP, and no credit there until they actually pull their act together. The dealership's handling of a faulty new car also leaves a LOT to be desired.

A win gained out of social media pressure tactics is a hollow victory, because it shines a bright light on poor (inexistent?) org-level dispute resolution mechanisms.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st March 2024 at 21:59.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (90) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 22:28   #247
BHPian

We can’t have one off cases like these and celebrate. If the mods are connected politically, they should present to the ministry the need for a lemon law in India. For brand new cars and used cars by dealers. All manufacturers will automatically up their game.
invidious is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 23:01   #248
BHPian

Quote:

Resolved

I would also like to thank Team BHP, fellow BHPians, my family and everyone, who supported me during this ordeal. Can't describe it in words.

Really happy to hear you getting your full money back!. And your optimism is appreciable too to back the company and giving the credit to the people who were part of your resolution.
I sincerely wish TATA really buckles up to go hard and sincere on their QC. At the end, happy we have the right solution delivered.
TheStoryweaver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 23:05   #249
BHPian

Quote:

Resolved

Hi all,

Congratulations, but I only want to thank social media(this forum) which made this possible. And my decision will remain the same, regarding on barring a particular brand.

Cheers.
DivyanshuDiv is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 23:42   #250
BHPian

This is a step in the right direction. While the car being defective is a big part of the overall issue, the overall experience was an even bigger issue. Therefore this is a welcome move and an appropriate outcome. I hope the dealership and Tata take this in their stride and strive to maintain higher standards of ethics and customer service. Congratulations SLN and Kudos to us here at Team BHP to maintain solidarity with SLN during the ordeal. It's the collective strength of this community that has driven a positive change.
Pyrotek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 01:17   #251
BHPian

Its a relief from a painful journey which was very hard with twist and turns and I am glad that it turned rightfully in your favour. The best result you could get is full refund ,as it might have been difficult for anyone to trust a brand after such horrific experience.

The sad part is , TATA’s missed out in getting credit for this refund as responsible brand which would have been an ideal situation. It might be a lemon which now dealer is solely taking responsibility for. What ever the reason it could have been but I certainly expected Tata to take front seat in front of a customer who paid his hard earned money for their product. But in your case you have thanked a dealer and not Tata , as a brand I would put them in negative list.

Certainly you being member of this lovely community and social media is the sole reason for this change of heart. I see no other reason after going through your entire ordeal on this thread.

Wish you good luck .

Last edited by Satkaj : 2nd March 2024 at 01:19.
Satkaj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 01:41   #252
Senior - BHPian

Just feel sad for the customer who will buy this stripped car from the dealer in the used market now. Hopefully buyers are aware of this thread.
Nithesh_M is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 02:11   #253
BHPian

Feel happy and relieved for the OP. But it's not a rocket science to decipher what transpired here.

Honestly, if the customer indeed was satisfied and not scarred with Tata's handling of the issue, he would have taken a new Safari rather than refund. So let's just excuse Tata for hearing the customer out.

Last edited by headbanger : 2nd March 2024 at 02:18.
headbanger is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 02:15   #254
BHPian

Quote:

Resolved

Hi all,

I am elated to give a Good news!! :
All I can empathise to what you have been through and the ordeals in the sequences that happened with you. Finally, we see your efforts have paid off and TEAMBHP COMMUNITY are happy as much as you are.

IMHO - With my personal experience as a professional from dealership background. There is a serious need of changing the way dealership network operates. There is a genuine scarcity of the right skilled manpower and our workmanship wages and their labor laws are outdated.

What I believe is the FADA (FEDERATION of AUTOMOTIVE DEALERSHIP ASSOCIATION) must work on delivering the righteous services to the customers rather than just mint money.

PDI's are painstaking jobs and not many dealerships have the desired infrastructure (manpower and facility) to perform the way it is supposed to be performed. This is a never ending topic on the whole.

We hope your refund is done as communicated to you by the dealership CEO and may you find the right motor with no such fuss ever again.

Looking forward to hear more on your new ride soon!!!.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 2nd March 2024 at 08:10. Reason: Two smileys/post
sameerpatel90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 05:19   #255
BHPian

That is indeed great news! But I would wait for the refund before any celebrations.
ruskinash is offline   (22) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed