Team-BHP - Tavera Vs Qualis Vs Bolero
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tavera Vs Qualis Vs Bolero (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2771-tavera-vs-qualis-vs-bolero.html)

Ok.. i dont know if this kind of a poll has been done before!

Mpvs here!! Which of these suits u r needs the most? I was not gonna put the Mahindra Bolero but did it, as it makes the poll a little complicated!
All Diesel version ok!!

1# CHEVROLET TAVERA
Displacement :- 2499 cc
Power :- 80bhp
Fuel Economy :- 12.4kmpl (city)
Price (Ex-Showroom, Mumbai) :- 8.92lacs SSD1 version!

2#TOYOTA QUALIS
Displacement :- 2466cc
Power :- 73bhp
Fuel Economy :- 10.1kmpl (city)
Price (Ex-Showroom, Mumbai) :- 6.63lacs FS F6 Version!

3#Mahindra Bolero
Displacement :- 2498cc
Power :- 74bhp
Fuel Economy :- 10kmpl (city)
Price (Ex-Showroom, Mumbai) :- 5.32lacs 2WD GLX Version!

Put u r votes!!!

Well the Toyota Qualis for me... one of the best Mpvs around.. yeah! the design is bad but the nice engine and its reliablilty overcomes that!
Bolero would come second!!!
pS: i would prefer to stay away from the Tavera!!!

First things first. I would never buy a utility vehicle without 4WD. That puts both the Qualis and Tavera out of the running without much thinking. So, even if I have to buy one of these vehicles, it'll be the Bolero.

The Qualis for me. The Qualis never let me down throughout my experience. Though i would have probably picked a 4WD Bolero if t was included in the poll, but since it's not, the Qualis stands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Aditya @ Sep. 06 2004,23:36)]First things first. I would never buy a utility vehicle without 4WD. That puts both the Qualis and Tavera out of the running without much thinking. So, even if I have to buy one of these vehicles, it'll be the Bolero.

same was the point with me addy! i simply love the Bolero.. but considering 2WD or RWD mpvs.. i couldnt vote it!!

Bolero for me. Even in 2WD drive avtaar I can take it places where no Tavera or Qualis can even dream of going. Plus its all the creature comforts too

Dippy

qualis for me . i remember waiting for getting the new model so i cancelled the old one. 15 months ive had a top end diesel one and trust me its the best. nothing like it to drive. i dont go off roading so dont care about 4wd.

Qualis for me too. Not a single problem in almost 3.5 years of owning one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Plus its all the creature comforts too

No Dippy its not as comfy as the Qualis. Just a few days before buying the Qualis, my dad got a friends Bolero for a test drive. Front seats were quite cramped. Ergonomics were a mess with the foot-operated music system. Who has ever heard of hand-brakes between seat and doors?

chose the qualis as this is an mpv poll,after the experience with the taver,wouldnt even touch one,
bolero is not an mpv perse, can call it an hardtop 4wd offroad jeep

why wasnt the scorpio included?

Qualis for me. Reason being that I already own a Mahindra. And having two wont really give me time for anything else in life.

GTO

Qualis again, tried and tested, it's never had any bad owner experiences. Probly, the only SUV in it's class that actually managed to stay with me on the ghat sections. Handles like a car, brilliant!!!

Regards...
Shan2nu

Bolero would come first as i own one and frankly i have no regrets owning it. Its boxy and bulky but Its a jeep under the skin...with a go anywhere attitude *
Second would be Tavera.. tho i am not sure how good it is. The only thing i like about it over the qualis is the curvy looks.
Just hate the Qualis. its looks more like a Morgue van to me..
-Chaxy

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Sep. 07 2004,11:12)]SUV in it's class that actually managed to stay

SUV???!!!!?

shan2nu i dont think the quails can be called an suv,

Hmm...looks like I'm in the minority here, but if I had to get a MUV and my choice was limited to these three, I would pick the Tavera.

Bolero: Nope, really cramped seating, rough engine and with 2WD, defeats the purpose of a Jeep.

Qualis: Those looks alone would make it a no no for me.

Tavera: A generation ahead of the Qualis. More comfortable and looks a bit better. I dunno why the Tavera has received such a bad rap so far though.

Rt

have just sold the bolero and put my money down for the tavera. hopefully it will be worth it.:)