Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2007, 14:41   #1
BHPian

Is Innova is Dangerous at High Speeds as Claimed in Mouthshut.com?

There is a thread on MouthShut where a reviewer claims Innova brakes are bad and that the braking distance at 100 kph is 500 ft.

Do you agree? Or could this be an issue with just a few people's Innovas? One commenter suggested that this is due to bad tyres, but could tyres really make such a huge difference?

Review on Toyota Innova by kripanidhi - MouthShut.com

The stopping distance calculator at

Vehicle Stopping Distance Calculator

shows that worn tyres with a coefficient of friction of .4 would result in a stopping distance of 322 feet.

To get a stopping distance of 500 feet, the friction would have to be a very small .26 .
Old 18th August 2007, 14:45   #2
Team-BHP Support

of course not. if you see 'what car' magazine. they have a comparo between the innova, safari, tavera, and scorpio, the innovas braking from 80-0 is the best out of the lot. some 25metres.
Old 18th August 2007, 15:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Good tyres will make all the difference.
I suggest Michelins.
Old 18th August 2007, 15:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Good tyres will make all the difference.
I suggest Michelins.
Now i got Michelins.

Good tyres and V version with abs brakes has good braking power.
Old 18th August 2007, 15:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

caliper dont listen to that review. Innova is really great in almost all the aspects. Its pickup, FE, breaking, comfort everything is good in short its one of the best MUV avialable.
Old 18th August 2007, 16:10   #6
BANNED

There are lots of stupid reviews floating around. Innova almost handles like a car !
Old 18th August 2007, 17:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yeah..and Mouthshut reviews are not necessarily the best..i infact have a login there much before i became a member of tbhp..

a search for a review i did not believe is what led me to TBHP :

Atleast, here we get a more varied opinion from various members..

Cheers to you guys!! Mouthshut sucks.. big time..
Old 18th August 2007, 18:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Our office conducted defensive driving training on the office innova. some 20 people drove it, including absolute beginners. it just looks big, handles like a joy, and I can personally vouch for the G(?) version stopping very nicely 80-0 despite some tyre squeal
Old 18th August 2007, 18:41   #9
BANNED

Absolute nonsense!
They don't know how to brake. If they want to stick on to their claims, then they better take it straight to Toyota.

No, they should better attend a driving school.
Old 18th August 2007, 20:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

I think kripanidhi just drove the innova on ice & forgot to use the snow chains or he is that bad a driver.
Old 18th August 2007, 21:18   #11
BANNED

On Mouthshut, several reviews look like "plants" either for or against specific cars / models. I simply find to filter out deliberate plants from good posts. Here, at least, we have access to info like "date of joining" and number of posts; with facility to search through a member's posts and his comments. Such info provides some transparency to this board, since we can evaluate whether a particular post is biased or not.
Old 18th August 2007, 21:19   #12
Senior - BHPian

i have 3 three innovas and i can say this for sure i have never faced any problem as mentioned in review

but innova should be driven like a MUV and not a car even if it handles like a car
Old 18th August 2007, 22:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

There is no issue with Innova brakes. In anycase a vehicle of its size is not expected to stop like a go-kart. Infact some abused go-karts have no brakes!
Old 18th August 2007, 23:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
On Mouthshut, several reviews look like "plants" either for or against specific cars / models. I simply find to filter out deliberate plants from good posts. Here, at least, we have access to info like "date of joining" and number of posts; with facility to search through a member's posts and his comments. Such info provides some transparency to this board, since we can evaluate whether a particular post is biased or not.
Well said wingman. Very very true. There have been many an attempt which has been quashed successfully by our mod team. Moreover, our members are a lot more knowledgable too to fall for such off the cuff comments.
Old 19th August 2007, 01:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

Forget what others say. I have an innova and it does not behave the way the review says it does. The innova is a pleasure to drive, moves briskly, handles like a charm and stops when and where required. Anyone saying otherwise is just plain biased. The brakes are perfect. One has to see what one is driving. If one wants the innova a MUV, to behave and handle like a sports car then that person is not in his/her right senses. Dont expect something from the innova, which it is not made for.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks