Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2007, 12:14   #1

optra magnum diesel recalled

hi folks
i bought Optra magnum on 16-7-07 from dynamic motors chandigarh and on my way back home noticed that when ac was on and fan speed on one frosting occured .

took my car to service centre and technician over there said that this is common and no optra comes with thermostat. he tried to pull a fast one over me. he was hell bent to convince me so instead of arguing with him i came back and called up gm service and told my problem and was promised that it will be resolved.

i took my optra for first service and at that time after a lot of argument they just reduced gas pressure from ac.

i was not convinced but i saw no point in arguing with those morons.i came back and wrote a mail to gm in strong words and now i m informed that all the optra's of starting lots will be recalled to fit a thermister as the tx valve which they initially used in the petrol version didn't work properly with these more powerful diesel engines.

but one thing i must say it seems Gm is bent to make inroads into indian market and optra magnum is a wonderfull car
Old 19th August 2007, 13:37   #2
BANNED

Congrats on your new car. Glad to see that local companies are trying to improve service - imagine a voluntary recall even 5 years go.
Old 19th August 2007, 15:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thats good about GM agreed to recall and make sure they fix the issue. GM is very aggressive since last 1 year I am sure they will have win win situation very soon If they continue maintain good attitude.

For my Next year car buy Optra is one among short listed cars with Safari, TATA's 1 lac car and Fiat new cars. These are cars of future according to my research.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 19th August 2007, 18:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
For my Next year car buy Optra is one among short listed cars with Safari, TATA's 1 lac car and Fiat new cars. These are cars of future according to my research.

Regards,

Ravi.
Thats a very wide range you have shortlisted, from a SUV to a very small car.
Old 19th August 2007, 18:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Very professional on the part of GM. They are now started becoming very aggresive in the Indian market. I see adverts of their services holidays and "Promise" everyday in the dailes.

Things are looking up for them and customers should be a happy lot. Good going GM.

@saket: Congratulations on the Magnum. Its a wonderful car.
Old 19th August 2007, 18:50   #6
BHPian

Yes good of GM, but their dealer deserves to be flogged. If they cannot solve the problem, why tamper with the gas pressure? You must write to GM to reprimand this dealer.
Old 20th August 2007, 02:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Glad to see that local companies are trying to improve service
GM local? what's up doc?
OT:BTW those pictures are wonderful.where did you shoot the tiger?
Old 20th August 2007, 07:40   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
GM local? what's up doc?
OT:BTW those pictures are wonderful.where did you shoot the tiger?

My mistake. By local I meant car companies that are selling locally are finally catching up with the service levels that they offer abroad.

Thanks for the kind words regd the pics. Tiger was in Bandhavgarh.
Old 21st August 2007, 17:03   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Very professional on the part of GM. They are now started becoming very aggresive in the Indian market. I see adverts of their services holidays and "Promise" everyday in the dailes.

Things are looking up for them and customers should be a happy lot. Good going GM.

@saket: Congratulations on the Magnum. Its a wonderful car.
But the dealers are almost the same !

You cannot teach an old dog new tricks !
Old 22nd August 2007, 19:53   #10

car ac was rectified but they don't have any solution to vibration in gear stick in third gear.
in third gear there is a lot of vibration at all rpms and if lever is pushed further vibrations vanish. all other gears very smooth. have to use mostly
third gear in city so very annoying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks