Team-BHP - what matters more
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   what matters more (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2779-what-matters-more.html)

What according to you matters more.
Is it the way ur vehicle looks and sounds or is it the way it performs.??what’s the use if your vehicle looks cool with wide tires but performs worse than a 100cc bike, knocking on almost every incline
Nowadays with a lot of awareness about alloys wheels,free flows spoilers and wat not.almost everyone wants his/her car/bike to be the best looking.
There are people who will spend almost all their money on alloys and wide tires even it means playing havoc with the handling ,messing up the suspension and the ride.
People are obsessed with wide tires ,and are not at all bothered if it fouls with their body or gives wrong odo reading.infact most of them are unaware of the speedo rdg changing with tires and simply say that the FE has dropped.
To accommodate wider tires they wud even raise their suspension using spacers.
It really pains when u see people do this.
The other day ,I was at a tire shop,when he offered to change my tire to tubeless ,just by removing the tube and changing the valves.
also there was a santro *driver with extra wide 185 tires saying he cud take sharper turns after he changed his stock tires to the 185 and then removed the tube and converted to tubeless.
Also there are people who just change their muffler and say that they have an improved performance.
Then are others who just fit a stupid looking spoiler manufactured locally but will say that they have imported it from Malaysia,italy and wat not. and say that their handling has improved.
They have all the time and money to do all this,but most of them have really messed engines and fail to stick to the intervals.i met a guy having a supposedly cool looking poor zen with 175 /60 Falken tires ,changed mufflers ,and a raised rear suspension.he was boasting abt the money he spent on changing the looks ,but he did not have time to change the oil.,as a result his valves were almost gone and was arguing when told to change the spark plugs.I am sure he might not known about something called ‘gear-oil’.on being asked abt this he says that he has got no time.so,when I asked him if he forgot to take his food daily ,he simply got angry with me.]there are many others like him.
The best part was that he had really big fog lamps just in front of his radiator which was blocking *the air flow .when I said abt this he said it wont matter .but the next time I saw him ,he had shifted the number plate as I have done.
I have seen people in more expensive *cars driving around with broken number plates stuck with tapes.

I feel if ,the extra money instead of being wasted on spoilers ,side skirts and extra wide tires cud be better utilized on cleaning the injectors,de carboning and sticking to recommended intervals,the vehicle wud do better
For me it’s the performance that matters,looks is secondary.

Am sure it happens around you all also.
What say guys.

speedsatya

Hey, come on speedsatya!

There are all types of people in this world with all kinds of (weird) ideas and all kinds or preferences... Let them do what they want with their cars. Some go for the "meat", others prefer the "glitz"

Doesn't make a difference, as long as they don't force their ideas on me. It's like asking what you like "vi" or "emacs" (does anybody REMEMBER them anymore?) Would I buy a Santro? No. But I don't have a problem with people who do, I can see their point of view, though I may not agree with it... etc... etc...

- mvk

Well said, GreenHex.

Hey SpeedSataya , everybody has their own preferences.
u did yr part of good work by advising him abt the air blocking, etc.

If he agrees to yr advice, great , u would feel good.
If he just ignores it , u must also ignore and forget it. what u say is :" Bhais ke samne been bajaya"

hey besides preference..u know the muffler does add performance enhancement in general..i dont know by how much on low hp-ed cars but like in my car, an exhaust change does add about 8-12hps

i think i am right..aint i??

again the spoilers and side skirts and chins..do add to performance and handling of the car, most of it is functional..along with wider tires!

ofcourse these changes have to be well informed but things do make a diff..agreed most ppl dont care and dont know much about it...and do it only for looks..but somewhere it might be helping them..

but i feel as much as your car is good from the soul it should be equally good from the skin...thats y i feel that u should balance the expense out to performance as well as making ur car a looker..

i would always go with changing alloys and wider tires, because i know my car responds to them...also if u have stock alloys which are heavier than after market alloys you bought..ur performance can be enhanced..there was some calculations that dropping 100lb on moving weights reduces your 0-60 time by few tenth of a sec...

I like both..so I cant really comment..and then again in india..where will u go and race that u need performance enhancement, looker is necessary everywhere...

not that I am advocating what ppl do..but i am saying only performance enhancement will not lead to anything in india..so a good balance is the key i feel..

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dipen @ Sep. 24 2004,12:55)]Hey SpeedSataya , everybody has their own preferences.
u did yr part of good work by advising him abt the air blocking, etc.

If he agrees to yr advice, great , u would feel good.
If he just ignores it , u must also ignore and forget it. what u say is :" Bhais ke samne been bajaya"

never meant to offend anybody.

u didnt offend anyone i think its all cool...