Team-BHP - Chevrolet Aveo.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chevrolet Aveo. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2783-chevrolet-aveo.html)

Chevrolet Aveo 4/5-Dr.

The Chevy Aveo if introduced in the Indian market will definitely be a hit. Looks good and is a Chevrolet. The specifications are on par with the Hyundai Getz and the Ford Fusion. Chevy could forget about getting the New Matiz here since it is too small(size-wise) to compete with the Palio/Indica/Xing. Instead they could discontinue the Corsa and launch the Aveo 4-Dr and 5-Dr options.

The base version of the cars known as the Special Valueis priced at $9,995 and includes the below as Std Equip:

Special Value(5-DR) :
Starting at $9,995*
AM/FM stereo with seek-scan, and dual front and rear coaxial speakers
Rear theatre seating
Intermittent wipers
14-inch steel wheels with full bolt-on wheel covers
Tilt steering column
Body-color mirrors and door handles
Extra 12-volt outlet

Special Value (4-DR)
Starting at $9,995*
AM/FM stereo with seek-scan, and dual front and rear coaxial speakers
Rear theatre seating
14-inch steel wheels with full bolt-on wheel covers
Tilt steering column
Body-color mirrors and door handles
Extra 12-volt outlet

Specifications :
Type 1.6L 16-valve E-TEC II DOHC L4
Displacement (liters/cu. in.) 1.6/98
Bore & stroke (in.) 3.11/3.21
Bore & stroke (mm) 79/81.5
Compression ratio 9.5
Block material Cast-iron
Cylinder head material Cast-aluminum
Valves per cylinder 4
Induction Naturally aspirated
Ignition system DIS
Lifters Hydraulic
Cam drive Toothed belt
Alternator rating (amps) 85A
Battery (SAE rating) 55Ah, 550CCA
Recommended unleaded fuel 87 Octane
Redline (RPM) 6500
Horsepower/kW @ engine RPM 103/77 @ 6000
Torque (lb.-ft./N-m) @ engine RPM 107/145 @ 3600

Check out more on the Aveo here : Chevrolet Aveo

P.S : Notice that you are not paying anything extra for that extra boot on the 4-dr. Also the Standard Equipment remains the same.

the 4dr reminds me of the ugliest and crapiest car on earth..the tata indigo or something..

I dont know man..its been sometime since they laucnhed the hatchback here in the US and i havent seen one..

it doesnt seem to be any good..

this car may not do well in US . But in India , it is on par with the Getz, maybe better.
But I doubt Chevy has any plans abt this car being launched in India.

IMO , the looks are good, definately better than the NHC.

Might make sense if it share components withthe Optra

Bye Bye Corsa,

was covered in last month's autoindia

highly doubt full i feel, esp when gm has a plant here which had the dies and tools to make the matiz

hi
this car is called as KALOS in european market,im seeing quite a few in uk,has got the looks & in case of rating its equivalent to getz & fusion.
in uk its helping daewoo with the sales & i think it will do pretty well in india too,offcourse it good for customer to have many brands in same segment .

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ Sep. 24 2004,11:28)]was covered in last month's autoindia

highly doubt full i feel, esp when gm has a plant here which had the dies and tools to make the matiz

Matiz will o for the santro/alto/ zen segment
Avveo for the palio/ getz segment

Both the Saloon and the hatchback look good.. they shud think abt launching them in India with a good price tag!!!!!

Looks good.It would crush its competition if launched at an appropriate price.

It looks just fine to crush the competition. !!

I drove this car in US. My company rented it for my friend when we were in US. I drove only once because I was not listed in the agreement with the renting company. I used to drive Accent Coupe. Chevy was a much better car and has more space too. But the interiors are not really that great. They have more plastic feel compared to Accent. And it was a big gas guzler. Half tank for 50 to 60 miles. Atleast that was what my friend mentioned.

I think it was manufactured only in Korea. So I thought it was a Daewoo. It was launched in US to compete with cars like Hyundai Accent, Dodge Neon etc. The speakers that came with the car were damn good. The bass was very good even when playing FM. That was the best thing we liked in the car.

We always felt this is a good car for India.

I read about Aveo in some magazine and checked out the GM website. Looks are pretty good. Considering the success story of Optra, i personally think the Aveo could be a good contender to the likes of IKON and Accent if launched in india.
Engine specs [1.6 Liter 16-valve E-TEC II DOHC L4 (103 hp at 6000 rpm and 107 lb.-ft. of torque at 3600 rpm)] looks good to compete in this category.

There will be one more choice and a better one, if this is launched.

Check here http://www.chevrolet.com/aveo/photogallery/

If i am not mistaken, it was actually a Daewoo.
Just before bankruptcy, they had begun making some real good cars and could have been second biggest manufacturer in India.

Yup, that's a Daewoo Kalos. The car has just gone through a freshening and now looks like a baby Optra. Check out the Overdrive website for pics. The engine is already being used in the 1.6 version of the Optra.

Originally its a Daewoo? cool! The Daewoo range of products from GM look better than the opel series that were sold in india.

The car has looks that is far better than ikon, accent, indigo, esteem and even the NHC. If the 1.6L engine throws up a better performance in Aveo than the bigger Optra then it could be a serious player!

Any inputs about the quality and reliability of GM products?