Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2024, 18:27   #1

Scoop! Skoda Superb to be relaunched in India on April 3. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 54 lakh

Just received an update on the new Skoda Superb 2024 launch on April 3, with spec details.

Looks like it will be a CBU unit.

Scoop! Skoda Superb to be relaunched in India on April 3. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 54 lakh-3106557c1d3349ee82426af1c536428f.jpeg

I used to have a 2011 Superb 1.8 TSI which was running on Stage 2 Map, until I ended up selling it last year to buy the Toyota Camry.

Scoop! Skoda Superb to be relaunched in India on April 3. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 54 lakh-img_4487.jpg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th March 2024 at 19:07. Reason: Adding watermark, thanks for sharing!
ICECutlet is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 19:58   #2
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

So the addition of DCC seems to be the only major change here. Other than the 18-inch wheels (not 100% sure if the picture says they're coming, look at the bottom right) and the deletion of the sunroof and navigation, there seem to be no changes from the previous L&K sold here.

DCC is an absolutely wonderful addition, but for 55 lakh ex-showroom, I'd expect more. I guess it doesn't matter much, with the limited volumes. I'm curious to know the ground clearance of this model.

However, it's interesting to see the return of the Rosso Brunello shade! Autocar's first drive of this generation had a car featuring this colour.

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 27th March 2024 at 20:05.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 12:07   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Why are they even bothering?

A car that barely sold at 35L ex showroom, at the end of its model life, they have added DCC and re-launched it at 55L. Genius!

Then they cry they can’t compete with Chinese EVs.

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th March 2024 at 10:23.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (67) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 12:12   #4

The Superb is a gorgeous, elegant car, don't get me wrong, BUT 55 LAKHS for a superb..... They might be out of their minds. The only reason the superb had customers is because it was basically a DE badged Audi A4. In a market that's barely buying sedans in the first place, why would anyone buy a superb that is costlier than an Audi A4. None of this makes sense in the slightest
Reese is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 12:25   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Why are they even bothering?
It is just a speculation as of now, so I guess take it easy till we get some official news?

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th March 2024 at 10:23. Reason: i —> I
omranga98 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 13:52   #6

100 units: Testing to see how the market responds to such ludicrous pricing (in light of the overall northward trajectory of pricing)? Making a quick buck while they can?
fourwheels is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 15:39   #7
BHPian

I wouldn’t be surprised if this 55 lakh pricing is seeded to make an actual 45 lakh price tag more palatable at the time of launch.

The real question is - what is the right price for this car? Personally, I wouldn’t bother paying more than 45L OTR when the superb Kodiaq is available at a 49L OTR with way more practicality.
pavanmadhini is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 15:59   #8
BHPian

With VW announcing they will be a premium luxury only brand in India, is it safe to assume the Passat will therefore be a 65 lac rupee car?!
I cannot fathom this price tag for the Superb.
lemedico is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 17:11   #9
BHPian

B8 Superb for 55L? Why would anyone buy the same car that used to sell for 40L?
Honestly, when I saw this news I thought they're launching the new Superb. Then checked their model codes and got disappointed. They're selling it above Audi A4.

How many would pick the B9 Superb for 55? It looks gorgeous and has a ton of features.
amitverma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 17:48   #10
BHPian

The same old gen superb at 60+ lakhs ONR is in the league of the 3/A4/discounted A6/C Class. So I don't think Skoda aka VAG is so dumb to launch this at 55 ex-sh.
However, if this is a marketing trick to seed the market with a high number and eventually launch at 38-42L ex-sh, then this is the cheapeast marketing trick from such an established, reputed and aspired brand which will even further damage the brand in India. Other than that if this a true number because it is a CBU, even then, it is further damage to Skoda while same superb was already a low volume car at 45L ONR.

So, I think this number 55 may not be true at all. Let's wait for the official news.
Old 28th March 2024, 18:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb discontinued in India; delisted from website

Skoda is set to relaunch the B8 Superb in India on April 3rd.

Quote:
Superb will go on sale in India as a full import. Expected to get a single top spec variant with more features than before.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 28th March 2024 at 18:17.
Old 28th March 2024, 18:32   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
With VW announcing they will be a premium luxury only brand in India, is it safe to assume the Passat will therefore be a 65 lac rupee car?!
While VW has premium plans, I think it is more in terms of splitting their Indian market into 2 parts: the made in India exportable cars (they may not touch the sub 4m) and a slew of global cars they will gradually bring to India (like the ID.4. Their premium brands have actually been doing quite well in India). They could try and position themselves over Skoda in the long run.

55L for a Superb or 65 for the Passat would make them look like a laughing stock. The most unique factor of a VW car is their insane part sharing and premium car RnD, enabling them to bring amazing technology from the like of Porsche or Audi to the VW brand. The love for a Superb (or Octavia for that matter) stems from it being a very very capable, comfortable and much cheaper variant of an Audi sedan.
Old 28th March 2024, 19:01   #13
Team-BHP Support

re: Scoop! Skoda Superb to be relaunched in India on April 3. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 54 lakh

Scoop! Skoda Superb to be relaunched in India on April 3 - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 19:11   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Skoda is set to relaunch the B8 Superb in India on April 3rd.
Skoda launched production of the B9 generation Superb in December, 2023 for worldwide markets.
Then, 4 months later, they suddenly realise that they still have stock leftover from the B8 generation in various markets.
Lo and behold, they announce the relaunch of the B8 Superb generation in India via CBU at ~ 50+ lakhs.

I distinctly remember they had discontinued sales as the engine could not be upgraded to BS6.2 norms. Does this mean they have upgraded the engine to current norms now ?
And if they can do so for the Superb, then why not the Octavia which was axed due to the same reason and shares the same 2.0 TSI engine ?
Unlike the Superb, the Octavia is not at the end of its generation lifecycle. And the Octavia was always the more relevant sedan of the two.

Surprising to the say the least.
iSubham is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 21:45   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSubham View Post
Skoda launched production of the B9 generation Superb in December, 2023 for worldwide markets.
Then, 4 months later, they suddenly realise that they still have stock leftover from the B8 generation in various markets.
Lo and behold, they announce the relaunch of the B8 Superb generation in India via CBU at ~ 50+ lakhs.
I think this is the real reason as well. It is quite a slap in the face if they expect Indian consumers to pay 60L OTR for what was available at 45L last year

I expect to see influencers promoting the same on YouTube few months down the line
SiddharthR is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks