Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2024, 09:31   #1
Team-BHP Support

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer

When it comes to car colours, white and silver have always been the most popular in India. Over the years, customers have warmed up to other colours as well and manufacturers have also become bold enough to offer some unique shades to set their car apart from the crowd.

To be fair, the car’s design also is a big factor in highlighting the paint. Of course, this is a subjective matter. I am listing out some of the car colour options that I found to be extremely eye-catching:

Skoda Octavia vRS in Corrida Red - I still remember driving this car when it was launched. The red colour attracted a lot of attention on the road:
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-2017skodaoctaviars03.jpg

Tata Harrier Facelift in Sunlit Yellow - Bold of Tata to offer this shade. It looks really good in person and goes well with the new design as well:
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-2023_tata_harrier_facelift_exterior_05.jpg

Skoda Kodiaq in Lava Blue Metallic - Very classy colour IMO:
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-kodiaq.jpg

Land Rover Defender in Gondwana Stone - Again, a very classy paint shade that goes well with the character of the Defender:
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-2021landroverdefender04.jpg

Porsche Taycan in Mamba Green - Recently saw a Taycan Turbo in person, and it looked absolutely beautiful in this shade of green:
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-2020porschetaycan1431569266419.jpg

Do share your favourite colour option from a car manufacturer.

Last edited by Omkar : 6th April 2024 at 09:52.
Omkar is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 09:40   #2
BHPian

Re: Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer

Agree about the Lava Blue Metallic from Skoda.
Also love the Wild Cherry Red of VW Virtus, more than the red of the Octavia.
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-2022vwvirtus12.jpg

And the green Jeep Meridian.
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-whatsapp-image-20240327-11.54.10-am.jpeg

Last edited by Omkar : 2nd April 2024 at 10:04. Reason: Replacing the thumbnail image of Virtus with a better one :)
chinkara is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 10:06   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A really good thread , thanks for sharing! Especially since so many manufacturers are now offering different body shades.

I love all the car colours in the opening post. Over & above those, this amazing matte finish from the factory itself:
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-2023_kia_seltos_facelift_12.jpg

Red with black roof / accents and decent rims by OEM standards:
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-2020skodarapidtsi01.jpg

A deadly car in a deadly stealth all-black:
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-safaridarkexfront34thlowres.jpg

Never been a fan of grey cars, yet this grey takes my breath away:
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-july-ways-5.jpeg

More than any other car...more than even a Mustang or Beetle...I think yellow was created for the Nano:
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-img_0730.jpg

That being said, big majestic cars look their best in white only:
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-2023rangerover05.jpg

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-2018mercedessclassfl04.jpg
GTO is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 10:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

It depends on model to model. Some colors look good on some cars but not on all cars. In general white, silver, grey and black are most popular colors across the car manufacturers. Red and blue are also good colors but not suited to all cars. Also we have various shades of red and blue in market. Other colors are not that popular. In general, silver and grey are easy to maintain. Darker shades are always difficult to maintain. Small scratch or dust can be easily soon.

In general White and Black are my favorite colors, looks classy on most of the cars, specially premium cars. Silver and grey are next as they are easy to maintain and looks classy in evening or in night. Red and blue are not at all my favorite colors, I like very few models in these colors. BMW signature blue is classy and looks good on their cars.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 10:16   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

The ones that I remember as my favourites (may have got some of the names wrong. Apologies for that. Memories fading like colours!) -
  1. BossaNova White as well as RossoCorsa Red on the Grande Punto
  2. Foxtrot Azure on the Linea
  3. Kinetic Yellow on the new Jimny
  4. The metallic SunSet Red on the last iteration of the POLO 1.0 TSI. Flash Red looked nice too on that car.
  5. Urbane Bronze on the Safari Storme
  6. Skoda's much liked Lava Blue
  7. VW's Teutonic Blue (Looked just so nice on the Vento)
  8. Tata's "#DARK" - although its the edition package that makes it look good, otherwise its pretty much just anyone's black.
  9. Original Mango Yellow & Metallic red on the Nano
  10. White+Blue on the OG Mitsubishi Pajero
  11. Maruti's Premium Stargaze Blue - a budget grade copy of the Iconic BMW blue shade.
  12. Dark grey on the HM Contessa*
  13. Milky White on the 118 NE*

*Last 2 are for nostalgic purposes. Not that they were really well executed colours .

Last edited by Reinhard : 2nd April 2024 at 10:19.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 10:56   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting thread idea

Some of the colours I really love:
  1. BMW’s Dravit Grey

This should be a unanimous choice I believe, just love the way this colour changes its hue depending on the lighting conditions.

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-66d5f03b0321482293ffe8ce28e34385.jpeg

2. BMW’s Hockenheim Silver

Another favourite of mine is this silver, which changes its hue in the sunlight and is vastly different from other silver colours.

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-5649ef8438ea45699013d5ddad082a63.jpeg

3. Porsche’s Amethyst Metallic

Not a very popular colour, but the black and magenta hue just makes it stand out in the crowd.

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-617d945ebf18406e8b86cb086099fc09.jpeg

4. BMW’s Champagne Quartz

Similar concept to BMW’s Dravit Grey, the gold/champagne colour really pops when sunlight falls on it.

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-1a1f4d895fc844a0bbc4e226b53c7a1f.jpeg

5. Škoda’s Dragon Green

For a mass market brand, this colour by Škoda was something else when it was launched in the Superb.

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-4654e72be5d74883a16dbadf6409ba62.jpeg

6. McLaren’s Volcano Orange

The first time I saw this colour in person, I was left speechless !! The orange colour really comes into its own when sunlight falls on it.

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-247c25b6d19d4feab094625d05f1d914.jpeg

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-d8e925e528ad4a5aa710cbb36d2c1372.jpeg

7. Lexus’ Sonic Quartz

The only white I really like is this Sonic Quartz with its Pearl effect and no other white comes close to this.

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-4fc62a128c79435184cba4478df43363.jpeg

8. Toyota’s Blackish Ageha Glass Flake

A mass market Toyota’s colour being present in this list may not be to everyone’s liking but, the way this colour changes from green to blue and black is something else. I have booked my HyCross in this colour, although I know the colour very well, my parents always get confused when this colour shows it’s blue hue.

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-3eb792194be7426f829ccdb2b1d4327a.jpeg

9. BMW’s Snapper Rock’s Blue and Estoril Blue

Two blues from BMW I really love are these. The Estoril Blue is getting subdued here due to the Snapper Rock Blue !!

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-86e6ebf56fd04b728e2c17129d5261c1.jpeg

10. Škoda’s Ralleye Green

Love the VRS 245 in this colour and since very few CBUs were imported in this colour to India, makes it even more special !!

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-2ce2cd3e7c1d42719301c1b2b362226e.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 2nd April 2024 at 11:01.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 11:11   #7
BHPian

If the colour is not too odd like a fluorescentnish green one, I always pick the colour of the car that is primarily promoted in there advertisements specially in video advertisements. That`s the reason my Tata Safari Storme is Urban Bronze and Honda City is in Obsidian Pearl Blue colour.

Concept being simple that the manufacturer does a lot of research in finalising the shades of the cars specially the one there are going to be used at launch or promotions.

Jacob
jacobsam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:03   #8
BHPian

Mine has to be Mazda's Soul Red. Having seen a Miata in this colour in the US, the way it catches sunlight is simply stunning.
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-tujyfsk.jpg
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-xz9oqyl.jpg
Source: Miata.net

If only it wasn't terribly prone to scratches!

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 2nd April 2024 at 12:05.
GForceEnjoyer is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:27   #9
BHPian

Fantastic thread .

- The Blu Uranus colour on the Lamborghini Sian looks amazing. I could stare at it all day!

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-screenshot-20240402-123345.png

- The Honda City in Carnelian Red Pearl is my favourite; it looks fantastic in this colour.

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-screenshot-20240402-121912.jpg

- Skoda's Lava Blue looks good on any car!

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-slavia-pic-14.jpg

- The Skoda Superb 2024 in Carmine Red looks striking. It's both sporty and classy!

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-skodasuperbvbarvecervenacarmine_dd507c5f.jpg

- The BMW M340i in Dravit Grey looks very sporty.

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-4a0374229a614f2165941c8c309d60a3-1.jpg

The VW Arteon in Kings Red Metallic is bright and flashy, sure to turn heads!

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-vw_ngw6_showroom_arteon_collage_large1.jpg

Last edited by MotorDev : 2nd April 2024 at 12:41.
MotorDev is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:37   #10
BHPian

Volkswagen's Curcuma Yellow, especially on the Virtus. This is such an exotic looking colour on a mass market car.

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-36a3b1641c13459c8d959897619e6baf.jpeg
Image credit (Volkswagen Virtus Review)
TaurusSHO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:54   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
When it comes to car colours, white and silver have always been the most popular in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That being said, big majestic cars look their best in white only
Great thread idea!

To be honest, and this is a personal choice, every single car looks stunning and classy at the same time in white.. big or small. It also hides the poor photography skills of the owner

Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-20230501_223718.jpg

Don't mind the poor picture quality, but would you look at that beauty:
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-20220626_203359.jpg

Not sure which thread this picture originally belonged to, but I had it in my gallery:
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-dsc07942.jpg
GrandTourer is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:56   #12
Ess

1: BMW's Dravit Grey - The way it changes colour depending on the lighting is absolutely fascinating.

2: Skoda's Steel Grey - Cars like the Kodiaq and Superb with the grill and chrome parts given the black treatment are incredibly gorgeous.

3: McLaren's Papaya Orange - Probably biased as I support the F1 team, but 720s in this colour is a stunner.

4: Mini Cooper in British Racing Green - This colour is not limited to Mini Coopers, but it definitely suits this care more than others.
Ess is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 13:11   #13
BHPian

Picking the shades from cars that are of interest to me.

BMW 3 - Skyscraper Grey
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-bmw-3.png

Skoda Enyaq - Arctic Silver
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-skoda-enyaq.png

Volvo XC60 - Denim Blue
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-volvo-xc-60.png

Kia EV6 - Interstellar Grey
Your favourite stock colour (paint) option from a car manufacturer-kia-ev6.png
SR-71 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 14:54   #14
BHPian

Its the Carbon Black and the deep blue shade of the BMWs. In Kias the dark red looks quite good too.
100Kmphormore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 15:19   #15

Volkswagen's Curcuma Yellow, Blue & Red - on the Virtus
Volkswagen Vento - T Beige (not available now) My earlier car
Lamborghini Urus - Orange
Tata Nano - Papaya Orange
Tata Harrier - Lime Green
Autobiography is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed