Team-BHP - RE-Registration Dilemma
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   RE-Registration Dilemma (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/27971-re-registration-dilemma.html)

One of my friend had recently taken a skoda octavia from Mumbai to kerala. He is yet to get the NOC.The NOC is been taken to the kerala address.But now that he got a job in bangalore he wants it to register in karnataka(the car is still MH).so can he register it in karnataka with the kerala NOC or should he first register it in kerala and then to karnataka(which will be a painful process i think).or should he request for another NOC from mumbai to karnataka???
The NOC will be reaching this week..So bphians here please throw some light on the re-registration process and the charges coz i have the least bit of knowledge on that:Frustrati .

**MODS please move this to the concerned Column.

NOC is specific to an RTO, so he needs to get this nOC cancelled in Mumbai and get a fresh NOC to Bangalore(whichever RTO he is going to register.

He has already been issued a NOC to Kerala.If he has to get a fresh one again how much will he have to spend coz this one was issued by the seller himself.And what are the procedure as he has to do it himself.

hi all,

i couldnt find an appropriate thread for my question (possibly due to not having used the right words to search)

could you please help me with this "re-registration" procedure?

i would like to buy a vehicle in 2nd hand from a person residing in mumbai. but he bought the vehicle first in gujarat and hence it has a GJ registration. he has moved to mumbai 6 months before.

as the vehicle is in a wonderful condition with some goodies thrown in, for a good price, i would like to take it. (about the vehicle i will discuss in another thread)

as for now, could you please let me know
- what will i have to do to re-register it with the MH43 (vashi) RTO?
- how much will i have to spend and what are the other components that i might not know about that i will have to spend on during the transfer process?
- please add in everything else that i'm ignorant about regarding purchase of such a vehicle (points related to vehicle papers only).

Contact the AAWI - they can advise and maybe undertake procedure if you sign up as a member. But remember it will take time

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 659793)
Contact the AAWI - they can advise and maybe undertake procedure if you sign up as a member. But remember it will take time

thanks ajmat, but i thought these procedures are routines for dealers and agents, or are you asking me to keep off middle-men. the vehicle in discussion is only an Indian make (mahindra scorpio) but a lot spiced up @ good price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbpscars (Post 659803)
thanks ajmat, but i thought these procedures are routines for dealers and agents, or are you asking me to keep off middle-men. the vehicle in discussion is only an Indian make (mahindra scorpio) but a lot spiced up @ good price.

Well, god knows what the middle men do in fiddling the paperwork. AAWI are straight and they give you a document valid with the police stating that your papers are in process

anyone with more information about costs involved for such paper work?

is it any figure in percentage of the current registration cost?

information with personal examples of such inter-state purchases / transfers would be wonderfully useful.