Team-BHP - What would you do if you were Hyundai management?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   What would you do if you were Hyundai management? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/27974-what-would-you-do-if-you-were-hyundai-management-2.html)

Hyundai need a model range upgrdae as soon as possible. The Getz is big hatchback but has a major pricing blunder. The 1.1 hasnt helped them either. They need the Getz CRDi soon to take on the Swift D which has already carved its own niche in the market. The more Hyundai delay the more Swift Ds on the road. Plus they need to price it on par with the diesel Swift. Another pricing goof up would mean disaster.

The Santro needs a revamp pronto. Just introducing a CNG model wont do. Maruti has been smart with the duo by incorporating the LPG tank below the boot thereby offering some decent boot space. The CNG tank takes up everything in the Santro boot.

Get the new Elantra out and price the diesel right against its Optra counterpart at a juicy price. At this point I dont know what they can do with the Sonnat except maybe cut prices.

Cmon Hyundai. I'm not a fan of yours but agree you have given India some good cars and a fabulous diesel engine. Now its time to put on those thinking caps again.

I feel that as far as the GETZ is concerned, Hyundai is conning ppl. The Getz 1.3 (old model) used to sell for around 5 Lacs then they came up with the Prime which is nothing but the Getz with a cosmetic facelift. But heres the Con - Two variants 1.1 (which is basically the Santro engine) at around 5 lacs and the 1.3 which used to cost a little under 5 lac has gone up to 6 lacs. :Shockked:

Do you guys feel that its worth to pay 1 lac extra for 1.3 Getz Prime. I have had a Santro for 7 years now, but this has really discouraged me from buying any Hyundai Cars :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 542351)
Make a success of the new 'PA' car which looks to be launched by November/December 2007. Price it between the Getz and the Santro and do a good job of the new 1.1 litre CRDI engine

Also, add to that the following:
"Make a succes of the new 'PA' car by offering it with an auto transmission variant alongwith dual SRS air bags and ABS and powerful aircon (whether climatronic or not)..."

Damn! I've been waiting too long for such a hatchback with all of the above ...so that I can buy it for me missus!

EDIT: Oh another good idea is: "Or offer all of the above features in the Getz - just like they have it overseas". That should make an awesome package. Imagine a Getz (petrol/diesel - doesnt matter) with auto tranny, dual air bags, ABS and climate control. WOW! I'd buy it straight away - dont care at whatever price hike.

Frankly need a good, small, convenient and safe car for the wife and cant find none!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 542341)
Santro since the time it launched has constantly remained India's second largest selling car.

Good point. Santro is still the best-seller for Hyundai.
Quote:

Accent was the highest selling sedan till 2 years back, still continues to sell in huge numbers. Verna is now selling more than Honda City / Fiesta.

Have to disagree, and with due reason.
In July 2007, Hyundai sold 2583 units in the mid-size segment, which is Accent+Verna combined.
Maruti sold 4394 units (Esteem+SX4)
Honda sold 2626 units (City)
Ford sold 2465 units (ikon+ fiesta)

Total sales of Hyundai in the mid-size segment is not equal to Honda sales of city. (Please feel free to correct me if wrong)
Also, the age sold esteem+ all new SX4 continues to sell good at 4394 units together. Considering Verna has diesel advantage, should sales be atleast comparable for Accent+Verna?
Quote:

Getz I agree has not caused a dent in Swift Sales BUT it continues to outsell every other hatch around it ( Aveo U-VA, Palio etc. ). So no worries there.

Am sure they must be worried. The offer for Getz is around 40k for the festive season here. But i agree- Getz CRDi will be a winner, if they get the price right!
Quote:

The Flop show has been Sonata, Terracan & Tucson to an extent, BUT that will not matter to Hyundai as they are already selling more cars than they could ever imagine.

:confused:
Quote:

For no reason has Hyundai not become 2nd Biggest Manufacturer of Cars in India and you say Hyundai is in deep ****.

Simply take Santro out of the equation, and see how hyundai is doing.
:)

[/quote

Santro since the time it launched has constantly remained India's second largest selling car. It continues to sell more than 12000 units every month, with only Alto selling more than Santro ( due to the price ).

[/quote]

Can we have % of AC and Non AC sentro sell figure? Because above includes non-ac Santro also and where as maruti has three model in that price range and when we sum the all the vehicle sold in a month will come much higher than Satro figure. (Maruti does not have any non-ac model except M800)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo (Post 542560)
Maruti does not have any non-ac model except M800

Forgot the base version of the Alto?

1. I'd first get an Indian as my top-management guy. While taking nothing away from Lheem's capabilities, he/foreign mgmt cannot be the Subbu type

Quote:

Hyundai ought to come out with its i series cars
3. Pricing strategies need a rework

4. Image rebuilding on a war-footing.

in no particular order

Quote:

An MUV (a la Qualis) would greatly help their volumes too. Hyundai has all that it takes to appeal to the people mover segment.
Have always thought on these lines,hyundai should have long brought in a people mover[diesel].

BTW there is a similar topic:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...ade-ceo-s.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 542578)
Forgot the base version of the Alto?

All altos have an AC

Quote:

All altos have an AC
No eddy C_D is right,the base model know only as ALTO does not have AC.

Maruti Alto.Know about the variants of Maruti Alto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad (Post 542592)
No eddy C_D is right,the base model know only as ALTO does not have AC.

Maruti Alto.Know about the variants of Maruti Alto.

Oops, I stand corrected then. I thought the base model was Alto LX

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 542528)
Simply take Santro out of the equation, and see how hyundai is doing.
:)

You said it...
Getz is really wonderfull car, I felt it even more better than Swift..but huyndai has totally screwed it in terms of price..if at they would have got the price right for Getz Prime at the time of launching it would have been another feather in their cap....

Accent also one of the very good car in sedan segment but i dont understand why they are putting it out of production

I guess for tuscon it has been 'good product but bad marketing' ppl tend to forget that there is SUV avilable with Hunydai..and also the pricing is also tricky..if it would have been around 11 -12L then it would have sold itself...

I hope Hunydai will correct these mistake in subsequent products

Ooh ...was away for the day and look how many replies to this thread.. Amazing Is it not - OK - I will have to agree with all of you guys here. To an extent Hyundai is playing Stupid on some of their vehicles strategies - BUT its only a few months away before they launch a whole new series of cars - PA, New santro, Getz CRDi, New Elantra.

Also I think their new plant in TN is due for opening really soon.

I have been a Hyundai loyal for a long time - I have had instances with my cars - some of these you would not beleive !!!

If I was part of the management here's what I would have recommended:

- Reduce price of Verna CRDI to be equivalent of XXI and reduce price of XXI slightly apprx 50k.
- Use the same diesel VGT engine to build upon a Sub 10 L SUV.
- Reduce price of Getz and bring diesel engine into it.
- Localize, localize and localize, make the suppliers conform to international standard parts and supplies, provide them with technology transfers to achieve those.

If I was Hyundai management, I'd start a huge advertising campaign, teaching people how to pronounce Hyundai.