Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2007, 03:23   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
@mpower - I was told by a top modifier / car aftermarket expert ( I would not name him ) - that Lancer & Accent & Swft - were the three cars he thought had the maximum potential for getting after marker modificaions done - maybe he was wrong !! I have not done any on mine - BUT I thought if he said so maybe it is !!! I may be wrong on this point !!! Sorry !! Cheers !!!
Let me guess, Nivvit Bhasin?!
Old 26th August 2007, 04:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

Things that Hyundai should do:

1) Stop thinking that it is a Honda or a Toyota and price the products sensibly . That is the positioning for Hyundai globally- Competent products at attractive prices.

2) Locallise the production of their diesel engines and increase volumes by making them more affordable( A la Maruti Swift/ SX4).

3) Concentrate on the A- c segment of the market. Nobody wants to spend 15 lacs for a Hyundai however capableit may be.

4) Not rest on its export performance but give Indian market the focus it deserves including having Indians in top positions who can understand Indian markets and Indinas better. They may well have two different top guys. One looking after the export markets ( A Korean ) and the other at India and runnig them as seperate profit centres.
Old 26th August 2007, 11:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Let me guess, Nivvit Bhasin?!
LOL .. NO !! He is not the one.
Old 29th August 2007, 16:48   #49
BANNED

Hmmm.....
the Indian auto industry is at one of its most exiting times with the sales chart increasing northwards and new ( or enhanced) models launch every forthnight. Hyundai had mad most of the right decisions till say 2006.. thats why they are 2nd largest auto co. also hats off to Subbu who had made Hyundai a kind of premium batched automaker where as all over the world they are known for inexpensve , value for money cars. howver , in the last 2 years, should I say , others ( read Ford, GM , ) became smarter and have made quite some success with made for India cars , instead of forieng / western cars in india.

well, If was in Hyundai mgmt my KPIs would have been

1) Actually No. 1 priority : for Santro
Reduce the cost of Santro ( viz 10+yrs of manaufacturing experience) , add features, Introduce CRDis :

very essential in order to take on the tata's 1 car , maruti 800 ( they would be reducing M800's price too) and also fight the likes of Palio , Wagon R , Alto , tata indica ( imagine 1.3 multijet engine inside Indica)

I would always buy a Santro if i see value against M800 , alto , etc

2. Make Getz sexier
Admit it , The Swift is hell lot in oommmmps

how to do it ? Get performamnce , diesel , gadgets , leathers , etc

3. Make Verna / Elantra sexier
same as above as for Getz

4 . For premium cars

You cant charge premium on a a car by increasing the sizes , performamnces , engines only. it comes from intense Brand building . Hyundai is always known for cheaper and smaller cars .

How about detaching Hyundai name from Sonata and their SUVs? I am sure none of us lloking for a SUV actually wants a Hyundai badge on it. I know Tuscon is a capable SUV, but .... . I would have actually create a new brand for bigger cars and SUV .. like Toyota has a Lexus , VW has a Audi , Honda has a Acura , etc
Old 5th September 2007, 10:31   #50
LLL
BHPian

In news today - Hyundai is gonna replace Tuscon with Santa Fe.

Only problem i see is that they will take the CBU route...so they will probably sell a 21k USD (8.5 lakhs) for 15+ lakhs here in India. That makes it loose its value proposition.
Old 17th September 2007, 19:13   #51

What would you do if you were Hyundai management?

Why Hyundai is not releasing much information about its upcoming "Pa" ? many people think to buy a new car in theses festival period and also in September. Mainly September period is beneficial because of depreciation. I agree that each car company want to launch their new model with proper strategy but sometimes much secrecy may lead negative feedback and lack of opportunity to grab valuable costumers in current extreme competition. If, Hyundai have serious plan to launch their so called "Pa" then they should start to release step wise information, features of their car. Its o.k. that they can’t reveal their car publicly but i think its high time for the company. The new Getz prime is not at all doing well. I believe they have done big mistake by putting santro engine into getz and not even reducing price as per expectation. They are doing so much delay in launch of much awaited Getz crdi diesel. On the other hand maruti's swift diesel is extremely in demand.
As a second biggest automobile company of India, I think Hyundai should think seriously about customer's demand and current wave of market. Look at that "logan". 1.5 dci model is selling like hot cake. So, I think hyundai must have to do something very fast. They must have to launch their "Pa" in both petrol as well as 1.1 crdi diesel, and soon after that Getz diesel. Otherwise they will have great struggle once fiat's Grand punto , Fabia , Tata's new Indica, Ford focus etc launch in first half of 2008.
I would say " opportunity never comes to those who wait for them. They are captured by those who dare to attack. "
Old 17th September 2007, 21:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

well, the Hyundai management and operations in India had been talked about in detail in this forum..think there is an exclusive thread that discuss the problem with Hyundai strategies in India.. the thing is Hyundai has not been very pro-active in their marketing and lately there had been various quality issues in their cars.. and its not that they don't have a good line up of products.. they do, but ultimately it comes down to adding much needed value and brand image to their products.. For instance, Honda do marketing quite well.. they create a hype around their impending launch with hazy pictures of prize, specs etc which are enough to create brand value and consciousness among prospective buyers.. due to which, by the time their cars are launched, there are long list of people flocking in their showrooms
Old 17th September 2007, 22:08   #53

Thanks for reply.
I heard that Hyundai have a plan to introduce small diesel engine [ 1.1 L crdi ] into their small hatch back. Mostly they will plan for their new "Pa".
Kia motor is one of the sister company of hyundai globally. Kia's picanto 1.1 crdi is very successful and in great demand in europe. So, we should expact the same engine in new "pa" or may be in one of the varient of upcoming Getz diesel as they have inroduced 1.1 santro's petrol engine in one of the varient of Getz Prime.
If, hyundai india will seriously think to introdue new 1.2 petrol engine [ with 70 bhp plus output ] and 1.1 crdi diesel engine [ extremely fuel efficient] in upcoming "Pa" then other companies like maruti and tata will have to run for their money and costomers. One can assume the fuel efficiency of 1.1 crdi diesel by considering and comparing other crdi diesel engines like Logan's 1.5 dci , swift's 1.3 multijet , fiesta's 1.4 tdci etc. All are ultimately based on crdi technology. They are much larger than what i am mentioning about 1.1 crdi engine. So, i assume with this engine atleast 25 kmpl average can be achieved with decent torque and output.
As i am not a great automobile expert, i may be wrong at some points. But i am also planning a good car in near future and my range would be between 5 to 6 lacs. So, as a prospective costomer i expect a good car with value for money criteria in mind.
It is my request to all members to give as much as information about hyundai's future model like new santro [ code named "PA", Getz crdi ].
Old 17th September 2007, 23:17   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why Hyundai India is so watchful in launch of upcoming models ?
I dont think its intentional - atleast not from Hyundai India.
Old 18th September 2007, 01:16   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidurin View Post
[COLOR=black]Why Hyundai is not releasing much information about its upcoming "Pa" ? many people think to buy a new car in theses festival period and also in September. Mainly September period is beneficial because of depreciation. I agree that each car company want to launch their new model with proper strategy but sometimes much secrecy may lead negative feedback and lack of opportunity to grab valuable costumers in current extreme competition.
If they do, then it will kill the market for the existing Santro and probably the Getz as people will postpone their purchases. Tata is doing the same with the Safari.

Now, if its an all new car that didn't exist before, then the company will start a campaign to interest people and whet their appetite much before the launch date so that people hold off on other purchases and wait for this one. For example, Skoda might want to start an ad campaign for the Fabia from now itself. (if they are smart..that is)
Old 29th March 2008, 16:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

Why is Hyundai Not aggressive as before??

Well this is just my personal opinion and its not that im being Anti - Hyundai here . Why is that Hyundai is not as agressive it was before?? After Santro, Accent Hyundai was selling more than their targets. Then the waiting period
for the Accent Crdi. After that Hyundai launched Verna which is doing quite well.Getz did fairly a good job . i10 is selling like hot cakes. But there is something that i feel is missing from Hyundai . They should replace Accent and the Santro soon. Because MSIL is going places with so many new products. Its just that Hyundai is not launching New Products at regular intervals. They concentrating more on exports .
Old 29th March 2008, 17:16   #57
Senior - BHPian

Karan i too feel that they are more into exports now.They have to start gathering themselves together fast and they too have a line up for this year launches.i20 will join the i10 soon.Getz was a disappointment regarding the crdi version.Petrol was doing good.
ram
Old 29th March 2008, 17:35   #58
BHPian

I believe the Accent is sure going to be phased out soon. And, as ram says, i20 could be just around the corner, though not quickly enough. Hyundai is still basking in the glory it has achieved through i10, and it will be a while before they think of upgrading it. On second thoughts, the i20 could very well be the next-generation Accent in the making.
Old 29th March 2008, 20:17   #59
BHPian

I heard i20 is only for exports. Can somebody confirm the news?

Also, I feel Hyundai has to price its products correctly else it will soon lose its market share in India. Recently none of its cars are priced correct and even with a good product the sales is low because of higher price. The sales of i10 is not something to boast about for Hyundai because of the higher price. Same thing goes for Getz and Verna (to some extent) also. May be their strategy is opposite of Maruti ie, high margin, low volumes.
Old 29th March 2008, 21:32   #60
BHPian

As long as they are making money, the Hyundai management will not feel any different. I do not see any damage that they are doing to themselves. It is only that they do not want to put more focus on indian market given export's are raking in good profits.

Yeah, end of the day we consumers are the ones who crib. Just my point of view.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks