Team-BHP - Gaps in the swift Body Panels
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Gaps in the swift Body Panels (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/27990-gaps-swift-body-panels.html)

Hi,
I am about to take delivery of Swift Vxi. Before registration I'd requested my dealer to show the car ( Bimal Auto, Bangalore). Sales person took me to their garage in Wihitefield where they keep their cars. After initial inspection, I've found some gaps in the body panels. Gaps were quite wide at the rear hatch between tail light and hatch ( could almost put a small stick). Doors and roof and bonnet. Upon asking, sales person told me that this is standard and all Swifts comes with these gaps. I saw other swifts available in the lot and almost every car had gaps at the mentioned placed, but gaps did vary amongs cars.

Would you please guide me if the gaps like this a normal thing or is the Quality control in MUL is being compromised. would't there be any problem for AC or water leakage ?

This is my first car, your guidance would be helpful.

Mod's Note: Please avoid using external editors as they add non renderable HTML tags to your post and makes them unreadable. Post cleaned up.

Most frustrating stuff in SWIFT.

Even I wanted to post a thread in M&A, to find out whether there is an option to replace those plastics of hand rests at door.

My swift is from the initial lot and has got all sort of these issue's, but never faced water leakage problems

These gaps are normal and its the MUL way of quality. Even in my WagonR there are gaps as mentioned above. Till now it has not affected the car by rusting or any other means. One good thing is the water does not leak inside......

Gaps in sheet metal is only an eye sore and doesn't impact on performance or there is no issue on rusting, water leakage etc.

I second what Diseln Fan says, I feel this gap won't create any issue but beedings and fit and finish looks very loose/bad.

But it do looks odd, my Mom after noticing those gaps in my swift told me its not well built car at all and don't look neat also.

This gap is common among MUL and TATA cars can be termed as pathetic quality.

Regards,

Ravi.

I've noticed wide door gaps on my ALTO as well...the service guy told me that this is done deliberately to facilitate door movement...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabret00the (Post 543074)
I've noticed wide door gaps on my ALTO as well...the service guy told me that this is done deliberately to facilitate door movement...

rl: rl:

bloody sh*t! no wonder our VP's merc's door does not open properly... somebody tell mercedes benz they forgot to put in those panel gaps.

ya the answer seemed pretty stupid to me aswell...and I was kind of stunned at his justification...:Shockked:

Gaps outside look quite normal for MUL. But in my Swift (celebrating 1st b'day today ) gaps have started appearing on the door inner handles (having the window motor switches). The plastic and the padding and divorcing each other. The Maruti dealer expressed helplessness at the 3rd and final free service last weekend.