Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2007, 13:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

JD power India-Suprise Suprise Skoda india tops

We have all been talking about the negatives of Skoda India but here's a pleasant suprise for Skoda customers,

Skoda has just topped the JD Power Asia Pacific 2007 India Sales Satisfaction Index StudySM released on Wednesday.

Sales satisfaction is generally based on six factors — delivery process, delivery timing, salesperson, dealer facility, paperwork and deal. Skoda performed particularly well in three categories, including delivery process, delivery timing and paperwork. Maruti Suzuki and Mahindra follow Skoda, respectively.

Am looking out for the detailed results will post them when I find them.The long waiting period thing has taken its toll on Maruti Suzuki India.

Source:
Skoda tops in JD Power rankings on sales, service- Hindustan Times

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 26th August 2007 at 13:24.
Old 26th August 2007, 13:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Tata is at the bottom,while suprisingly Honda is below the Industry average and is below chevrolet and ford even,Hyundai too has done badly.

Here's the list:

Skoda -> 797
Maruti Suzuki -> 790
Mahindra-> 789
Toyota -> 781
Chevrolet-> 780
Ford-> 780

Industry average-> 773
Honda-> 766
Hyundai-> 759
Tata-> 730

Source:
2007 India Sales Satisfaction Index Study | J.D. Power and Associates

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 26th August 2007 at 13:38.
Old 26th August 2007, 13:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well The reason why Skoda Won is

Quote:
Sales satisfaction is generally based on six factors — delivery process, delivery timing, salesperson, dealer facility, paperwork and deal. Skoda performed particularly well in three categories, including delivery process, delivery timing and paperwork.
Not quite suprising considering it has nothing to do with A.S.S if it was A.S.S we were talking about then Skoda would be below industry standards and MUL would be leading.
Old 27th August 2007, 10:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Not quite suprising considering it has nothing to do with A.S.S if it was A.S.S we were talking about then Skoda would be below industry standards and MUL would be leading.
It could be anyone , Busa. How can you be sure it would be MUL ? Past records? guess 2nd would be GM. ??
Old 27th August 2007, 11:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

If in the SSI its at the bottom, I wonder how would they rank in ASSI ???

Hope they dont go into negatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Tata is at the bottom,while suprisingly
Old 27th August 2007, 11:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

And look at this on the CSI study:

India Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) Study | J.D. Power and Associates

How does Maruti manage to do this year after year?? The industry average seems to be pushed up by Maruti's figures.......

Fiat, Mitsubishi and Opel have been ommited from this study.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 27th August 2007 at 11:32.
Old 27th August 2007, 11:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
If in the SSI its at the bottom, I wonder how would they rank in ASSI ???

Hope they dont go into negatives
They are indeed low, just above Tata on CSI study......
Old 27th August 2007, 13:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to Skoda to get their act straight.
Old 27th August 2007, 17:22   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, good on Skoda to get top ranks on the delivery process. However, the real problem was after the delivery process. How is that working out?
Old 27th August 2007, 17:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Well, good on Skoda to get top ranks on the delivery process. However, the real problem was after the delivery process. How is that working out?
Skoda seems to be pulling up their socks. I see regular ads on print about a zero maintainence scheme they have launched.

It goes like this "if you thought skodas are expensive to manitain...opt for our zero maintainence blah......"

Luckily they have admitted the fact unlike others who tend to hide.
Old 27th August 2007, 18:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Skoda seems to be pulling up their socks. I see regular ads on print about a zero maintainence scheme they have launched.

It goes like this "if you thought skodas are expensive to manitain...opt for our zero maintainence blah......"

Luckily they have admitted the fact unlike others who tend to hide.
Question is has anybody read the fine print on their Zero Maintenance scheme? In most occasions the fine print does contain some nasty surprises.
Old 27th August 2007, 23:26   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Question is has anybody read the fine print on their Zero Maintenance scheme? In most occasions the fine print does contain some nasty surprises.
Nasty surprises? Like what?
Old 28th August 2007, 01:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

Sales Satisfaction Survey, is not to be looked at very seriously. It doesn't matter to us when they greet us with a smile, knowing fully well that they are doing so because we are about to pay them.
Old 28th August 2007, 01:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Nasty surprises? Like what?
For example, you can eligible if you run only "X" kms or something or you pay extra for this or this is not covered.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Sales Satisfaction Survey, is not to be looked at very seriously. It doesn't matter to us when they greet us with a smile, knowing fully well that they are doing so because we are about to pay them.
Exactly. Its After sales and overall ownership satisfaction that matters. Another indicator is initial quality problems. TATA is known to have maximum number of initial quality problems per 100 cars. JD power tracks this as well.
Old 29th August 2007, 00:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
How does Maruti manage to do this year after year?? The industry average seems to be pushed up by Maruti's figures.......
Thats one question I'd like an answer to, too.

I went to Ratan Maruti at Chembur today to take a look at the SX4. The salesguy was totally clueless about the car. In fact, as soon as I told him I wanted some information about the SX4, he asks me to sit down, offers me coffee hands me a brochure and starts pricing the car! So I ask him if I can see the car first before we talk about prices. He sends someone else to take me for a test drive. When we start taking a look at the car the guy with me is as clueless about the car as the earlier guy. I take my chances and ask him what size engine the car has. The guy says and I quote him here, "It's in the brochure sir. Didn't you get it?!" I open the trunk and tell him its a pity the rear seats don't fold down. The guy says, "Sir, they do." I tell him to check it out and he actually opens the rear door and starts trying to see if the seats fold down! After I got back to the dealership after the test drive, the first guy that priced the car for me is nowhere to be seen and some other guys (3 of them to handle one customer!) start.........what else.....pricing the car! How about asking me how the car was?! And I am not even going to talk about the feeble handshakes I got when I left.

I am amazed Maruti tops customer satisfaction survey's year after year. Or is it that for Indians, good customer service is being addressed as sir and being offered coffee?

Last edited by amit : 29th August 2007 at 00:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks