Team-BHP - Hyundai shows off on Getz
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai shows off on Getz (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2807-hyundai-shows-off-getz.html)

Hyundai and specifically, the president, BVR Subbu are boasting about the heavy demand for the Getz. Read about it here.
I think they are getting too excited and may end up with their foot in their mouths. Every new car gets a encouraging response and sales are generally heavy in the first few months. Hyundai should have waited for about 4-6 months for sales to stabilize and then boasted about their car, what say?
Even the Elantra sold more than Corolla in the first few months of it's launch and look where it is now.
Wonder what ford has to say about that cheeky comment from Mr.Subbu. Oh man! how i hate this show off Korean company!!

i was neutral about the GETZ. after drive over. i love GETZ GETZ GETZ. its so nice if it was not only overpriced

True said bout the Ford comment Amit.

Noticed an irony? The webpage on the right has a test drive offer for the Ford Ikon. How much more crazy can it get

Revv

wont u rather wait for the swift in march 2005?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]wont u rather wait for the swift in march 2005?

Would'nt mind waiting till March 2006 for the Swift!
Can anyone tell me if the width of the swift as same as Baleno cuz if it is then i feel MUL will again cheat us by giving the same Baleno interiors and anyone whose seen the Swift interiors wouldn't like the Baleno insides one bit. I just hope MUL brings in the Swift in the same form as it is in Europe right down to the lights/wiper stalks.

Hyundai has always been over optimistic with the way they market their products.

Viva beating race cars, Tornado dodging a torpedo. Drive them, and you'll find that theiy're not even half the car, they're made to be.

The CRDI is probably the only car worth appreciating. 82bhp from a 1.5 diesel is no joke. But that too has had some handling issues.

Shan2nu

i agree
its only the crdi thats got the real info
the remaining just suck
and i didnot like the ads too much
a bit too flashy
imho - the car looks a bit out dated from the front

I hate liars and I'm by no means, a Hyundai fan. But, I also know one thing, if you have to sell a product, you've got to show it off. That's the reason Hundai is doing well today.
Didn't Ford advertise the Ikon as a "Josh Machine"? True, they didn't lie, but, did they mention anything about it's brakes? How are you gonna stop?
Mahindra have done pretty much the same thing with the Scorpio. No one said a word about it's handling and braking.
Maruti Suzuki takes the biscuit. They've been selling 3 generations of the same car together.

Companies follow their own rules and play their own games . We should take the right call depending on our priorities.
After all they have to sell a product .
The advertising team is not aware abt the handling and braking issues.
All they might know is the hp and engine cc. they make a flasy ad , coz they need sales generated from it. Everybody does it. Only think is that, they should not intentionally provide false figures, ,coz this is something to do with the character and reputation of the company.

Every person who has ripped his car or bike in all possible fashion would definately say the following lines at the time of selling them
" I have kept it like it like a baby "
"Its been very carefully driven"
" Its in the best of condition ", no matter the oil hasnt being changed since a year or so
" there is nothing better than this in the market"
" Its single hand driven ", no matter the entire family has ripped it.
etc etc etc ,, bla bla bla.

Come on, we are all humans
We all like to be honest , but cannot be always.!!!!

So finally if flashy ads is getting them sales , then I dont see anything wrong in it.

Wonder if the Fiat would have done the same for Palio , we would all have loved it.

hey Dipen...
* The original post wasn't abt the kinda adverts issued to sell the car. Even MUL used to show the Wagon R doing all sorts of crazy things like running down stairs, dirt track driving etc. The point here was the interview of BVR Subbu. Saying stuff like Ford has to constantly reduce prices to survive in the market cuz they aren't able to compete with Hyundai product to product is downrite RUDE and POMPOUS. I have always hated BVR Subbu. He has done a great job for Hyundai. He made a success of the Santro and if it wasn't for him Hyundai would still be a nobody in India but his comments over the years have been rude and Hyundai's marketing campaigns have always hit the competitors below the belt. Remember their advert against the Matiz saying something like gaadi ghar pe aur company will close down- something to that effect. Then Subbu made grand statements like Sonata will outsell Accord by 3:1. Ok it did initially but what was the need to make such statements?? Currently honda Accord outsells Sonata probably by 15:1 and Toyota Corolla outsells Elantra by 5:1 but have u ever read the CEO's of these companies making pompous and rude statements? Everytime Subbu's picture is shown somewhere, he always has a smirk on his face, a wily smile, like a cowboy. He reminds me of Geroge Bush! Bush always has a similar look. come on Mr. Subbu you are the president of Hyundai India. I wonder what he would do and say if he was made corporte head of Diamler-Chrysler , BMW, VW, Ferrari, Honda etc.

I think I slightly went off track. My mind was more drawn towards the flashy girlie Getz ad.
but ya , the comments of Subbu are not taht one would expect from a ceo
Amit

the GETZ is actually the best ever small car india has had.... and after drivingone, i dumped the idea of goin for a ford ikon flair, and am goin in for the GETZ GLS model!!!

its driving and stability and cornerings and interiors , space..all r awesome!!!!!!! price...well i wud happily pay that price..compared to the prices i wud be paying if i bought a santro/zen/wagon R.... i think i am surely getting my money's extras in it!

so basically, once ppl drive it, they get fond of it...before they drive it, they never expect it to be so very good!!!!! :-)

so sales hafta go up n up...ppl r slowly starting to pay up for quality and extras...

seeya !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Hyundai has always been over optimistic with the way they market their products.

Viva beating race cars, Tornado dodging a torpedo. Drive them, and you'll find that theiy're not even half the car, they're made to be.

The CRDI is probably the only car worth appreciating. 82bhp from a 1.5 diesel is no joke. But that too has had some handling issues.

Shan2nu

agree: with u shantanu hyundai accent is show and no go.. the accent boasting of power equivalent to a vtec.. 1600cc DOHC.. ABS.. 103PS.. but thats on paper.. on road from 0 - 100 it is beaten by a Maruti Esteem.. remember once i was going to the airport and the signal went green.. was late in launching my esteem and a black tornado took off i was worried as it boasted loads of power on paper so i floored my esteem to 6000 RPM and Accent TORNADO GTX 1.6 DOHC(All thats written on the boot) lol: ate my dust

i like accent viva somehow, that car looks a bit different. apart from that, im with u guys that Hyundai Cars suck. however, a frnd got a new Xing 1.1 & hes very happie with it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamerno1
i like accent viva somehow, that car looks a bit different. apart from that, im with u guys that Hyundai Cars suck. however, a frnd got a new Xing 1.1 & hes very happie with it!

I like all hyundai cars lookwise.. lol: i mean the Accent, Sonata and the Santro look nice from the outside.. but in terms of perfromance they lack any lusture :mad: