Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2024, 14:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-AMG S 63 E Performance launched at Rs 3.30 crore

Mercedes-Benz has launched its flagship luxury sedan, the AMG S 63 E Performance in India. It is priced at Rs 3.30 crore (ex-showroom).

Mercedes-AMG S 63 E Performance launched at Rs 3.30 crore-mercedesbenzsclassleftfrontthreequarter0-1.jpg

The Mercedes-AMG S 63 E Performance has a 4.0-litre V8 plug-in hybrid powertrain under the hood. It produces a peak output of 791 BHP and a massive 1,430 Nm of torque. A 13.1 kWh battery powers an electric motor mounted on the rear axle. It contributes 187 BHP and 320 Nm to the overall output.

The engine is paired with a 9-speed automatic gearbox and Mercedes’ 4Matic all-wheel drive system. The carmaker claims that the S-Class can sprint from 0-100 km/h in 3.3 seconds with launch control engaged. The plug-in hybrid system also allows the car to run on pure electric power for up to 33 km at up to 125 km/h.

Mercedes-AMG S 63 E Performance launched at Rs 3.30 crore-mercamgs63eperformance2.jpg

The new S 63 E Performance looks as elegant as an S-Class should be, but with a hint of sportiness. It features a large Panamericana grille, flanked by expressive LED headlamps and a sporty front bumper. At the rear, you have an AMG-specific diffuser and quad exhausts. The car rides on 20-inch wheels, while 21-inch alloys are available as an option.

Customers can spec their cars with the optional 'Night Package', which adds dark chrome and gloss black details, while the carbon fibre package adds a few carbon touches to the exterior.

Mercedes-AMG S 63 E Performance launched at Rs 3.30 crore-mercamgs63eperformance3.jpg

Inside, this high-performance AMG version of the S-Class gets a sporty 3-spoke steering wheel, a digital instrument cluster and a large 12.8-inch OLED touchscreen in the centre, running the latest MBUX system. Apart from the usual creature comforts, the S 63 E Performance also comes with Level 2 ADAS.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by TusharK : 22nd May 2024 at 14:39.
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 15:46   #2
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-AMG S 63 E Performance launched at Rs 3.30 crore

News articles that say "AMG" and "E-Performance" in the title give me a great deal of anxiety. The C63s E-performance was not well-received in any part of the world. I'm sure this package will soon be sold in lesser markets (ours, among others). I was relieved that at least this S uses the 4.0 bi-turbo V8 engine. One would assume this is based on the standard wheelbase S-Class (as is usually the case). Is it true, though? The images look like an LWB version.

800 bhp / 1450 Nm torque are ridiculous stock numbers. I wonder what this generation of the Brabus Rocket has in store. No one is driving one of these on-track, and I doubt anyone will fancy street racing, either. A barge of pure excesses, most looking at this type of car would likely prefer the Maybach version instead.

But hey, it's here, and it looks stunning inside out. My fantasy spec would be white with the 21-inch rims, privacy/tinted glass (of course), and no night package. I am strangely drawn to the way all that chrome looks on white.
n:CorE is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 02:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mercedes-AMG S 63 E Performance launched at Rs 3.30 crore

I cannot understand the purpose behind an AMG edition S class. The only place you'd enjoy a car like this is out on the Autobahn or an arrow straight road. Nowhere else. They are too large and heavy to be of any use around a track.

The New CLE53 Coupe should be around the corner. While it won't be as fast of the line as the S63, you'll have a lot more fun with this on a regular road.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed