Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2008, 23:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
i am sorry to say this but t-bhp might be having a good percentage of its members as regular offenders of the traffic. i can't imagine a modded car sticking to its lane in traffic :-)

i realized as long as i stick to my lane (even if it means trailing a slow truck till i get a convenient opportunity to overtake) 70% of my stress is eliminated.

my advice to t-bhpians, stick to your lane and keep music that you enjoy (not radio). let the rest of the drivers zig-zag their way home. what many people don't realize is you CAN NOT beat the average speed of the traffic how ever clever you are.

some really crazy nut will always test your patience once in awhile, but there is little we can do unless a loaded gun is handy.
You are right. I lose my cool sometimes and feel guilty later.
Old 5th February 2008, 00:03   #32
BHPian

Hi Guys,
We are on the wrong track here. We cannot eradicate this problem by talking to cops or RTO people. We can cure it by talking to school children. They are the future of India and if we educate them well on topics like moral duties, driving ethics etc then we can have a better tomorrow. We as team bhpians can teach our kids and their friends about the driving etiquettes and follow the same. Children are very sensitive. I was amazed by the number of children who did not burn crackers just because their teachers had told them that it causes lot of pollution.
Couple of months back, Delhi police fined lot of jay walkers. We need to have stricter rules and we can file writ petitions for that.
Old 5th February 2008, 02:44   #33
BHPian

Its not about driving any more, as much it is about keeping your car from being scratched or hit by others users of the road!
Old 5th February 2008, 09:39   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Its not about driving any more, as much it is about keeping your car from being scratched or hit by others users of the road!
good one!! aggressive defensive driving.
Old 5th February 2008, 21:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Dude, you just dug up a 3+ years old thread. Are you sure it took you that long to get home due to traffic?
Needed something to break the ice, brother. Atleast we have more posts now. Can' have t-bhpians overlook this thread. Should be kept alive. Might make a difference someday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks