Team-BHP - Ford fusion
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford fusion (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2814-ford-fusion-2.html)

Seems like a damn good car.But only if they get the pricing and publicity right,they are bound to have a great initial.
From this pic,one can only make out the right-side view.Its got those great flowing lines and some height too.
Any1z got clue as to wen is it gonna be launched???

Nice pics drifter.

X

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Any1z got clue as to wen is it gonna be launched???

Most expect the launch by the year end.

GTO

hey x,

next time arnd will try n get more shots....coz i might be in new bbay tomm...might catch it again if im lucky.

shakti ford at malad is of the opinion that the fusion is launching mid november .. with a tag of approx. 6.5-7 lakhs .. also .. according to them, there is only 1 variant and the diesel is expected in march 2005.

according to me they've botched up the pricing terribly if what i've heard is true !!!

also .. expect a 1.3 dohc duratec engine ..

6.5 to 7 lakhs!! If this is true than i guess Ford have botched up a potential best seller. Man, When will these European and American companies understand the Indian market. If they price the car correctly (Palio/Petra) then they botch up on the service and customer friendliness front and if they get the customer part right then they botch up on the pricing aspect. Ford will really have to market the car well at that price. When i saw the pic here i was going to say that Hyundai needs to be really worried cuz the Fusion can have Getz for breakfast lunch and dinner but at 6.5/7 lacs.........

6.5 to 7 lakhs seems on higher side if we compare with other Indian hatchbacks and of course Indian psyche attached to hatchbacks. I came across some info abt the Fusion and couldnt resist it comparing with the New Honda City and Ikon 1.6 -
NHC IKON (1.6) FUSION
Length 4310 mm 4140 mm 4018 mm
Width 1690 mm 1634 mm 1720 mm
Height 1495 mm 1379 mm 1529 mm
Ground Clearance 160 mm 180 mm 195 mm
Kerb weight 1045 kg 978 kg 1134 kg
Wheelbase 2450 mm 2486 mm 2486 mm
Engine 1497 cc idsi 1597 cc Rocam 1596 mm duratec
Power 77 bhp 91 bhp 100 bhp
Torque 12.8 kgm 12.2 kgm 14.9 kgm
Wheels 175/65 R14 Tubeless 175/65 R14 195/60 R15 tubeless
Fuel Efficiency City 11 kms 8.5 kms ??
Highway 17 kms 13 kms ??
Price Ex-Bombay Rs.6.4/7.39 lakhs Rs.5.75/6.28 lakhs ??

Well Fusion is taller and wider than the 2 but abt a foot short in length than NHC. It has wider wheels and it is more powerful & tuffer. I dont think its appropriate to compare it with Getz or other cars with less than 1.5 ltr engine. Going by above comparison I think Fusion will be priced anywhere between 6 to 7 lakhs.

Friends I have heard that Ford engines give troubles and lots of them are opened up before they cross 30-40 k. Can someone throw some light on this and also the difference between idsi/rocam/duratec engines...

drifter any luck with spotting the FUSION again..

thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ashtrix @ Oct. 10 2004,13:42)]drifter any luck with spotting the FUSION again..

No dude,

no luck with the fusion, was out looking for it yesterday, all i found was a banged up sierra turbo.

The fusion cud well turn out to be a best seller if they can price it closer to 6 lakhs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ashtrix @ Oct. 10 2004,13:42)]someone throw some light on this and also the difference between idsi/rocam/duratec engines...

idsi = not sure what exact acronym but it means double spark plugs etc - alfa romeo were first with this concept

rocam - actually means roller cam - basically a single overhead camshaft engine kept simple for rugged conditions, this engine is made in south africa and india (by HM)

Zetec - twin cam engine just made obsolete - a brilliant engine I beleive (the whole plant is up for sale, no doubt will end up in China)http://www.dovebid.com/Auctions/AuctionDetail.asp?auctionID=2602

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ajmat @ Oct. 10 2004,23:19)]idsi = not sure what exact acronym but it means double spark plugs etc - alfa romeo were first with this concept

idsi - intelligent dual spark ignition
used on the NHC
it employs two spark plugs for igniting the air fuel mixture, it improves the FE and gives a more uniform power delivery...the same principle is being used in the pulsars with DTSi n another bike from tvs (dont exactly know which bike)...which has a single plug but fires twice in quick succession eliminating the need for another plug.

I spotted the Fusion today at Walkeshwar. Looked pretty good to me . It was an MH-04 reg

Dippy