Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2007, 15:21   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv View Post

What do you guys suggest? What should ford owners pick?

Looking at the rates, the coverage duration and the coverage Ford is offering, Ford owners should pick a Chevy or Honda IMHO
Old 6th September 2007, 15:25   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Looking at the rates, the coverage duration and the coverage Ford is offering, Ford owners should pick a Chevy or Honda IMHO
Sure.... why not?!
After all Honda and Chevy gives its customers totally free services, and to top it all, replace all consumables for free.
Old 6th September 2007, 16:16   #33
BHPian

I have total maintenance plan on my fiesta. I got it free from the dealer. It is a must. You dont have to pay for anything including engine oil and filters for the period your car is covered under the TMP.
Old 6th September 2007, 16:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
VC12 : i rechecked it last nite, and then posted the same here.
Also, the price list when i bought the car had a seperate section where they mentioned price on-road including 3 years Extended Warranty, which was greater by 5K bucks.

Shall probably scan the same and post here tomorrow.

LandCruiser : Thats quite informative. Good work.

Ok, so thats 5 k more...
Old 7th September 2007, 17:29   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
I have total maintenance plan on my fiesta. I got it free from the dealer. It is a must. You dont have to pay for anything including engine oil and filters for the period your car is covered under the TMP.
You are a lucky chap !
Old 7th September 2007, 17:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv View Post
Hi friends,
I recently bought the Ford Ikon Flair and have also opted for extended warranty. The Service Engineer at Ford suggests that I go for TMP (Total Maintainance Plan). He said he could do that if I paid an extra Rs 2000.

What do you think I should do?. Can any Ford owners throw some light on this. It will also help future Ford owners.

Thanks
Shiv
Hai Shiv,

Go for the TMP, whatever it costs.

I had the Fusion for 24 months, many people who did not have the TMP or extended warranty cried, later. Ford is known for the cost of spares and will go strictly by the policies. If you want to buy it later, it would be more expensive.

We sent mass mail to the President, Ford and other powers-be there; Ford quietly announced the extention of the 3rd year warranty due to the mails and complaints from customers. With TMP you'd buy 3 years of peace, don't even think otherwise, go for it. If you have any doubts, go to this URL and search for TMP.

fordfusion : Ford Fusion owners and enthusiasts

Happy Driving,

--Ramky
==============

Last edited by ramkya1 : 7th September 2007 at 17:46.
Old 26th December 2011, 15:58   #37
BHPian

Re: Ford's Total Maintainence Plan?

Folks, specially Ford owners, am in a situation and need your suggestions.

I bought a Fiesta in April and 2010 and also bought 3 Years/30000 KM's TMP along with.

Got my car serviced this Saturday (guess it was the fourth time i took it to them for service, in total 4 including the first free service). I didn’t really plan for a service rather wanted to get an engine warning light checked along with a strange noise when I release hand brake. However, got a mailer from them last week that my service is due and I somehow got it serviced.

Now at the time of taking delivery in the evening the SA told me that my TMP has expired today as we have done the 30000 KM service today. My odo reads 13695 and expiry date as per TMP is 25th April 2013.

I protested and said it doesn’t matter which "kilometer" service you have done, as per policy it is 30000 KM's on ODO or 3 years which ever comes earlier. How come this expire today because you have done a 30K service.

He wanted me to talk to the lady at Harpreet Ford who looks after TMP etc. and since it was late in the evening she was already gone.

My take on this is that they can not make the car out of TMP. However, I understand that there must be some “number of services” included given the number of years you have bought your TMP for. I am ok if they tell me that I have met those numbers and a “Service” from now on shall cost me. But no way can they terminate TMP when my odo reading and time both are at the half way of the contract.

Before I talk to Harpreet Ford or Ford itself, need your suggestions.
Old 26th December 2011, 16:04   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post

I bought a Fiesta in April and 2010 and also bought 3 Years/30000 KM's TMP along with.

Got my car serviced this Saturday (guess it was the fourth time i took it to them for service, in total 4 including the first free service). I didn’t really plan for a service rather wanted to get an engine warning light checked along with a strange noise when I release hand brake. However, got a mailer from them last week that my service is due and I somehow got it serviced.

Now at the time of taking delivery in the evening the SA told me that my TMP has expired today as we have done the 30000 KM service today. My odo reads 13695 and expiry date as per TMP is 25th April 2013.

I protested and said it doesn’t matter which "kilometer" service you have done, as per policy it is 30000 KM's on ODO or 3 years which ever comes earlier. How come this expire today because you have done a 30K service.

He wanted me to talk to the lady at Harpreet Ford who looks after TMP etc. and since it was late in the evening she was already gone.

My take on this is that they can not make the car out of TMP. However, I understand that there must be some “number of services” included given the number of years you have bought your TMP for. I am ok if they tell me that I have met those numbers and a “Service” from now on shall cost me. But no way can they terminate TMP when my odo reading and time both are at the half way of the contract.

Hello Mr.Novice,

The terms clearly states 30000 KMs or 3 years. You are nearing neither. I don't see any issues you would have. Just talk stern to Ford.
Old 26th December 2011, 16:08   #39
BHPian

New.Novice, that is absolute crap they are telling you. As Shiv said, your case is a no brainer. Fire mails to Ford rather than talking to the service centre guys. Am sure they will clarify the matter.
Old 26th December 2011, 16:48   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

My recent experience with Ford:

The Ikon is completing 3 years. I had taken 3rd extended wty, with the thought of getting an extension for the 4th at a later date. Both at the time of purchase and a few months back, the A,S.S told me that the extended wty can be extended to the 4th year. My last enquiry was during the 3rd year extended wty, and after the base wty (2 yrs) had expired. The works manager had said the extension can be done.

I went for a routine service & asked them for the 4th yr extended wty - they said it cant be done ! Not applicable for the diesel Ikons, but only available for diesel Fiesta's !

And during the servicing, I asked the SA to do a 10k service. The JC was made for 50k service - because I had completed 3yrs ! Apparently, the two (time & odo) cannot be separated.
Old 26th December 2011, 16:52   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You may also want to go over this thread. Similar stories.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...et-robbed.html
Old 6th January 2012, 13:06   #42
BHPian

Quote:

Ok, so I have had a few exchanges with Harpreet Ford. who in turn said that they are talking to Ford to get a clear mandate on this issue. I am finally told that Ford has confirmed that my TMP is not valid any more as I have availed a 30K service on the vehicle.

I asked for a mail ID on which I can talk to Ford directly and I am given custmail@ford.com email ID. Has any one interacted with Ford on this email ID? I am out of town this weekend and will initiate communication with Ford on Monday.

Honestly, god forbid, I don't really see that I would need to use my TMP till its actually valid (April 13) barring one service that I would have and wont mind paying for it. But I dont want to leave the issue for the sheer smugness Ford is showing. If this calls for taking a legal route I believe am up for it. Cant take this sitting down.
Old 6th January 2012, 13:21   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, so I have had a few exchanges with Harpreet Ford. who in turn said that they are talking to Ford to get a clear mandate on this issue. I am finally told that Ford has confirmed that my TMP is not valid any more as I have availed a 30K service on the vehicle.

I asked for a mail ID on which I can talk to Ford directly and I am given custmail@ford.com email ID. Has any one interacted with Ford on this email ID? I am out of town this weekend and will initiate communication with Ford on Monday.

Honestly, god forbid, I don't really see that I would need to use my TMP till its actually valid (April 13) barring one service that I would have and wont mind paying for it. But I dont want to leave the issue for the sheer smugness Ford is showing. If this calls for taking a legal route I believe am up for it. Cant take this sitting down.
You should write to this e-mail id. I have written twice and they are very resonsive. So please pursue it. You can also write to MD's desk which also gets the action started.

However, I am a little confused by the details above. Can you please post what's the recommended service schedule of your fiesta for first 3 three years (months and km's) and when did you actually got the services done. Basically I am thinking that you got the services done prior to when they were due and hence as per Ford, free services baked in TMP plan for 3 years and 30k km's are alredy availed. Just thinking and it will be clear if you can please share this information.

Going by TMP duration of 3 years/ 30k km's, I guess the service schedule should be 1 year or 10k km's after the first free service which probably is at 3 months/ 2.5k km's. If this is correct, then you were entitled to total 4 free services under TMP (2.5, 10, 20, 30k km's or 3, 12, 24, 36 months) . So did you already avail these 4 free services?
Old 6th January 2012, 13:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the Harpreet guys are taking you for a ride. When the TMP says its for 30K kms or 3 yrs whichever is earlier, how can they wash their hands off saying the TMP has expired.

The e-mail which you have is correct and normally Ford responds in a couple of days (However an exception this time with me is I had written to them a week back and no response, maybe they are still the holiday mood). Another e-mail you can try is ahaldora@ford.com. This guy Abhishek Haldora normally responds to the mail send to the customer care. If you still dont get any reply, write to MD at write2md@ford.com. Hope this helps.
Old 6th January 2012, 13:50   #45
BHPian

Quote:
The Ikon is completing 3 years. I had taken 3rd extended wty, with the thought of getting an extension for the 4th at a later date. Both at the time of purchase and a few months back, the A,S.S told me that the extended wty can be extended to the 4th year
Indeed I was also told this by the Sales Manager when I took delivery of my Ikon. I asked their confirmation whether it can be done or not .They told me it can be done but will cost slightly more as I will be purchasing a 1yr warrranty later rather than a 4 yr at that point of time.

Most Viewed