Team-BHP - New Tata Xf????
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Tata Xf???? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/28166-new-tata-xf.html)

what is this..??? read it on an .nl site.

Binnenkort bij de dealer: Tata XF » Autoblog.nl » Autonieuws van de straat

It's a Jaguar. The picture is poking fun at TATA's bid for Jaguar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayavi (Post 546845)
It's a Jaguar. The picture is poking fun at TATA's bid for Jaguar.

agree: this is what will happen to jaguar if tata wins the bid. a little sleeker emblem i hope though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 546899)
agree: this is what will happen to jaguar if tata wins the bid. a little sleeker emblem i hope though.

No. TATA, if it purchases Jaguar and LR, would keep the the companies separate unlike Ford which influenced Jaguar designs and had shared platform. The reason being that
1. TATA and Jaguar do not have anything in common, so cannot share platforms or parts bin.
2. TATA is not stupid to bring down Jaguars brand value by selling them under TATA's name or even selling them in TATA show room. Think Fiat and Ferrari.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayavi (Post 546911)
No. TATA, if it purchases Jaguar and LR, would keep the the companies separate unlike Ford which influenced Jaguar designs and had shared platform. The reason being that
1. TATA and Jaguar do not have anything in common, so cannot share platforms or parts bin.
2. TATA is not stupid to bring down Jaguars brand value by selling them under TATA's name or even selling them in TATA show room. Think Fiat and Ferrari.

ofcourse i know that mayavi. it was supposed to be a joke based on the picture put up.( cant use too many smilies got an infraction for that)
tata are no fools to mix the two seperate brands. they would rather keep even the faculty of both companies seperate and retain the jaguar management.

Sorry I misunderstood you.

Anyway, here is a translation of the above site. I can smell something burning...

Quote:

Yes hear, the mainstream media have become also awake. Tata will have given affirmative that one the makes of car want jaguar and country buy rover. Yes joh? Serious? Never thought... Such beautiful Tata-badge are not appropriate very well on the new XF, then?

what could happend in the future is that tATA WILL USE A a Jaguar chassis to develop a sedan like the former Tata magna

I wish TATA the best of luck for getting this bid successfully. Just so we can rub some char coal on Jermy Clarksons ugly face, for being the chest thumping Brit monkey he is. Love too see the look on his face after the Brit Jaguar purs like the Indian Tiger hehe. I bet the Jaguars would be the worst cars after that, just because TATA bought it. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monster_BHP (Post 547719)
I wish TATA the best of luck for getting this bid successfully.

I'm with you there. I love Tata's David character they've shown against many Goliaths now.