Team-BHP - Someone Broke my Radio Antenna!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Someone Broke my Radio Antenna! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2822-someone-broke-my-radio-antenna.html)

I don't believe this!!!!!! Just a few days back someone broke my car's rear wiper and today i notice that my roof mounted radio antenna was broken too.
I don't know when it happened and how it happened because half of the antenna is gone! How did that person manage to do that? and more improtantly why the hell pull a radio antenna??? God i don't believe this!! What the hell is someone gonna do with half of a radio antenna?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Morpheous to Neo @ Sometime in the year 1999)]Welcome to the real world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Stratos @ Oct. 12 2004,23:01)]Indians dude... Indians!!

No one can do anything about this.

The solution is an internal antenna. My Matiz has one. Clarity is as good as an external, no need to keep pulling it out and no need to worry about it either. Absolutely worth it!

Revv

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The solution is an internal antenna. My Matiz has one

Hey Rev, both the Matiz and Palio have the fixed roof mounted antenna. What did you do with your roof antenna?

many years ago (1982 i think) I got a call from the police. I dont remember the conversation exactly but this is the jst of it
Cop: Do yu drive a car number xxx-yyyy?
Me: Yes, why?
Cop: Do you know if you car antenna is broken?
Me (very surprised at this line of questioning): Last time I looked when i parked my car the antenna was fine
Cop: Can you please check to see if you antenna is still there?
Me: Ok give me a number and i will call you back

i go down see my car anteann is indeed missing and wondering how and why the cop knew walk back to my office to call th cop

Me: Yes my antenna is missing. How did you know?
Cop: well we caught 2 guys one guy was beating the other with what looked like a car antenna so ew questioned them and we were told they got teh antenna from you car.

So I go down to the station and get me antenna and a police report. Took my car down to the shop and got a new antenna for free thanks to the report. I dont think I will forget that day.

Hey Amit

My car is an SD. Except that its a Euro-III SD. Since my car came without a stereo, no antenna.

Internal antenna is within the passenger cell of the car, not outside it. It is a piece of plastic with the aerial jutting out on either side. Generally placed somewhere close to the rear-view mirror in the centre.

Revv

I have an internal antenna in my Jeep too. But I would rather have a tall exterior antenna on the left front fender (a la Wrangler).

But the purpose is to get FM, and still not let anyone know that I have a stereo in my lockless Jeep.

GTO

the same happened with my ford ikon . somebody pulled out the company fitted antenna from the car and these type of antenna s are preety expensive . i dont know why ppl do this and i dont think internal antenna s are that clear .