Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2008, 19:00   #106
Senior - BHPian

Hey good for you Xtr...but yes, do try and get a test-drive of the new diesel C before confirming your order. While your annual mileage may be be relatively low, and, therefore, the petrol-diesel cost difference may be hard to justify, you may actually prefer the low-end torque that the new diesel puts-out. Check it out and post back on your thoughts!
Old 4th February 2008, 15:41   #107
BHPian

Update: Sundaram Motors tells me 1 month after booking that they are unable to get the AT Kompresser C class in the colour I want.

Now, I have changed it to a MT Diesel. Let's see how this goes!.

BTW, the diesel engine pumps out 410Nm! Whereas the petrol gives only 250.

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise for me.
Old 5th February 2008, 01:12   #108
Senior - BHPian

To give you some perspective, that's a tiny bit more torque than my M3 makes!
Old 5th February 2008, 04:06   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
To give you some perspective, that's a tiny bit more torque than my M3 makes!
You did rather kill by words than by the insane power, but you also have the moral right to do so. cheers:
Old 5th February 2008, 09:17   #110
Senior - BHPian

Hey! i saw a new c with the sports grille in cochin yesterday. It was just registered.in some grey/blue colour! looked really great. I think they've started offering it as an accessory maybe.
Old 5th February 2008, 11:03   #111
Senior - BHPian

Yeah the sports grill is nicer than the elegance, but I do feel that the logo is too big. What happened to a happy medium?!
Old 5th February 2008, 11:04   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
You did rather kill by words than by the insane power, but you also have the moral right to do so. cheers:
Huh?! Sorry but I didn't get what you said...
Old 5th February 2008, 11:29   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Huh?! Sorry but I didn't get what you said...
Sorry bro for making it compliated. I meant once you have an M3, you never miss out an oppurtunity to brag abt its power and you also have the moral right for doing it. How exclusive would be the feeling to own the only V8 M3 in india when no one even in the US owned it. Just thinking aout 414 horses and the bucket loads of torque can make one go crazy.
Old 5th February 2008, 11:37   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr21 View Post
Now, I have changed it to a MT Diesel. Let's see how this goes!.
Is i worth spending 3.5 lakhs more for the diesel when you really dont need it, neither are you gonna recover anything wrt to fuel savings.
I would suggest to go back to petrol AT. would be worth the little extra wait.
Old 5th February 2008, 11:54   #115
BHPian

@dipen: Thats true.

But I was also looking at the resale value. Called up a second hand car dealer and the difference between petrol and diesel on the same model car is 3-4 lakhs.

What do you guys say?
Old 5th February 2008, 12:37   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What do you guys say?
Does the Diesel lack any of the features the petrol has? If not why not enjoy the extra torque and cheaper fuel bills the Diesel will give you. Besides the price difference between the two isnt that much.

If it was between the 325i and the 320d where you dont get everything thats on the Petrol on the Diesel I would say get the Petrol but if there isnt much difference in trim levels I say get the Diesel.
Old 5th February 2008, 13:12   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@dipen: Thats true.

But I was also looking at the resale value. Called up a second hand car dealer and the difference between petrol and diesel on the same model car is 3-4 lakhs.

What do you guys say?
difference in resale value after 3-4 years would be 2 laks between the petrol and diesel. I know the diesel is very nice but any petrol has its own charm, the way it revs, etc. And its not that the petrol lacks torque or any pulling power. The diesel still does not justify your Purpose of 6000 km a year. I know I am being persistent on the petrol version but thats my point of view.
Best I would suggest you to take test drives and finalize rather deciding on paper facts.
Old 5th February 2008, 13:20   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
difference in resale value after 3-4 years would be 2 laks between the petrol and diesel. I know the diesel is very nice but any petrol has its own charm, the way it revs, etc. And its not that the petrol lacks torque or any pulling power. The diesel still does not justify your Purpose of 6000 km a year. I know I am being persistent on the petrol version but thats my point of view.
Best I would suggest you to take test drives and finalize rather deciding on paper facts.
What advantage does the Petrol have in this case Dipen?

The price difference will be more or less made up in resale value even if the car isnt run enough.

The Diesel is equally powerful and has waayyy more torque.

The only advantage the Petrol has is its free revving nature and IMO id rather have the huge amount of torque than the free revving nature of the engine.
Old 5th February 2008, 13:42   #119
BHPian

kbk,

Is 410Nm insane amount of torque? Will it be a really good performer? I couldnt really find out due to the insane amount of traffic during test drive.
Old 5th February 2008, 13:46   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
The only advantage the Petrol has is its free revving nature and IMO id rather have the huge amount of torque than the free revving nature of the engine.
Now thats a matter of individual taste and hence the reason I asked him to test drive both and decide.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks