Team-BHP - Big Hatchbacks
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Big Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2824-big-hatchbacks.html)

With the Hyundai Getz and Ford Fusion in India, it's hopefully, only a matter of time till Indians realise the practicality of a hatch over a sedan and then will come that wonderfull day when these 3 super cars will finally be avaliable.
If that happens, Which of the 3 would you choose. Make following assumptions.
1. Entire range is avaliable. Golf with the 2.0 Tdi 140hp, Stilo with 1.9JTD 140hp, stilo with 2.4 Abarth 170hp etc.
2. Ignore company reputations because VW is still not in India and it would be wrong to judge peugeot and fiat when we don't know how good or bad VW would be in customer service etc.

I kinda like the VW golf.. i havent driven or travelled in golf but ive voted for it..

Golf, but if the new focus is as well built, Icould swing over. Peugeot is not at all reliable

i guess i would go in for the peugeot 307

I vote for the fiat, it look beautiful and sporty and I think Italians are the masters in making small cars.

Fiat Stilo.Looks ravishing and sporty for a hatch.
Plenty of mod options too.

X

I, myself, voted for the Fiat Stilo but it was one hell of a tough decision to go for the Fiat over the Golf. The new Golf looks awesome but then so does the Stilo! Also, i am not sure if VW have a 3 door Golf but even if they do the Stilo looks much better in 3 door format. Also, the stilo was chosen by a whisker for it's looks cuz it's got a much more sporty look. Then of course, Fiat is a master at making good small cars and then to wrap it up the car comes with that awesome 2.4L Abarth petrol version with 170hp and selespeed gear! Lastly, how the hell could I ignore the most technologically advanced diesel engine in the world - JTD.
Ultimately, in my case, Stilo won by a whisker cuz of it's more sporty looks and the JTD engine.
Peugeot 307 looks good and has some really good engines too but it doesn't have JTD or PD.

Undoubtedly the golf. I have driven powerful versions and its simply amazing to drive. Its just too bad that VW wont be able to price it competitively in India.

GTO

I would go for VW

The VW Golf for me. Have always been a fan of it since I was a kid

Dippy

It is a tough decision between Golf and Stilo. Because of the styling, I voted for Stilo.

I had travelled in my friend's Golf in US couple of times and I really love that car. Guess what, that friend likes my Palio and wants to own it because there are no Fiats in US. He was proposing of switching the cars and I jumped for it. But later he said he was kidding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I had travelled in my friend's Golf in US couple of times and I really love that car. Guess what, that friend likes my Palio and wants to own it because there are no Fiats in US. He was proposing of switching the cars and I jumped for it.

satish , u must have been to make the switch...

and
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] But later he said he was kidding

u r now i guess

cheers

btw - i went for the stilo. power and style ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Its not how you stand by your car , its how you RACE it !!

I always liked this phrase from Fast & Furious. I feel it should be the slogan for Team-Bhp.

Indian Hatchback market will always be for 5 door hatch and 2 doors hatchs will definately be a no no ( except the very select few).

I think the Golf is a simple and sober looking hatch while the Stilo is more stylish and aggresive.

A small q?
Are all the 3 cars available in 5 door ?

Hey guys,

Im a fan of peugeot and ill go in for that car ... its amazing man ... its amzaing in looks and in every aspects you want from a car ... the new golf it OKAY but ill go in for the peugeot 307 but with a 5 door option ...

Cheers !!

Delhi_guy