Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2007, 12:20   #31

Anyone got the ex showroom pricing for Punjab or Haryana of all the Rhino variants? One of my friends is starting a tour & taxi agency in North India, wants to have some of Rhinos for low end BPO usage.
And when it is expected to hit Delhi??
Old 7th September 2007, 21:56   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
Anyone got the ex showroom pricing for Punjab or Haryana of all the Rhino variants? One of my friends is starting a tour & taxi agency in North India, wants to have some of Rhinos for low end BPO usage.
I remember that its supposed to come in 3 variants with even the base variant getting PS but no AC.

And I pulled up this article that augments my memory:

Quote:
You can choose the Rhino from three variants, base S1 with no air con (however, atacho, power steering, running floor boards are included), the mid S2 and the deluxe (with goodies like alloys, rear roof mounted A/C vents, roof mounted DVD player etc).

The article mentions a starting price of Rs 545000 OTR Punjab for the base version and the top-end at Rs 7 lakh plus.

Btw, what would be a high-end BPO usage ?
Old 7th September 2007, 22:44   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
And I pulled up this article that augments my memory:
Is every one going poaching ?
Top Story - One honed Rhino - Business Standard Motoring
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
Btw, what would be a high-end BPO usage ?
high-end ? The Winger should definitely get more votes.

Actually, may make better sense to give this an after-market Qualis-look-alike kit for the front end.
Old 8th September 2007, 00:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

suspension worked by Lotus
does 160kmph max
100bhp

what was max kph the quail could do?

Last edited by jkdas : 8th September 2007 at 00:28.
Old 10th September 2007, 09:26   #35
BHPian

Now...let me make this Qualis & Rhino fever out of your minds.

Rhino is not a Qualis nor a Chevy Travera...I must say its an improvised version of both these machines.

The vehicles sterydyness & topspeed (i.e above 155 Km/ph) is unbeatable. Its breakes are stronger and superior over a Scorpio.

Its quite an intellectual product, its further Iginition improvsations will make a strom in SUV's.

I must say I have done a sincere research on this topic to have writing this thread.

RAM-
Old 11th September 2007, 16:30   #36
BANNED

Rhino will never match the engine quality/refinement of Toyota !
Old 13th September 2007, 00:09   #37
BHPian

when one says its never its all stagnant & no acceptance while "Change" is the law of nature...
Old 14th September 2007, 13:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Saw a white one in KR Market area.

Old 14th September 2007, 13:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

full view of the rear
Old 7th July 2008, 14:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

well i have been seeing a lot of rhinos of late in the rural and district areas, it has become reasonably popular where the brand SONALIKA tractors have been sold before, this is the company that has launched the rhino.

i have seen a showroom on my way to kadapa from kurnool on the outskirts of kurnool was tempted to take a test drive but was already behind the schedule by an hour, so dint stop. the showrooms in the cities are yet to be opened and the advertisement needs to start yet.

any test drives or ownership reports here please?
Old 7th July 2008, 14:33   #41
Team-BHP Support

As Hormuzd stated on the Autocar show

It drives like a rhino
It is as dangerous as one
it also has one horn
Old 7th July 2008, 14:39   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
As Hormuzd stated on the Autocar show

It drives like a rhino
It is as dangerous as one
it also has one horn
"And jokes apart, go for an innova and not for sumo grande" as told by Hormuzd..
Old 7th July 2008, 14:44   #43
BHPian

Copy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Mods - if this specific topic has been discussed before, please merge.

Saw a Rhino up close today as I was wandering around while my Beast was getting fresh alloys.

What struck me was that panel for panel the damn thing is an EXACT copy of the Qualis except for the front and the rear.

Is this why Toyota stopped the Qualis altogether - because they'd sold the dies of the erstwhile Kijang (our Qualis) to ICML?

If you recall, the Sonalika chap had talked about exports at the launch of the new 100 bhp Rhino. The markets he mentioned (Indonesia, etc) are the Kijang's home markets earlier.

Did they buy an old engine off Rover and an old body off Qualis to start their passenger vehicle business?

Sonalika Group should honestly confess that they have copied the design of Qualis. Its because Qualis was a hot selling vehicle at one time, Sonalika Group copied the design and wanted to have a significant share in MUV. Unfortunalty they have not achieved what they had intended to.

I think ICML should design new vehicles and concepts and make a niche for itself in the Indian automotive sector or else it will become another defunct company. (Remember Sipani D from Standard Motors)
Old 7th July 2008, 15:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

Saw a rhino for the first time on O.M.R., Chennai and at first sight thought its a Qualis. Such is the similarity in looks.
Old 7th July 2008, 15:31   #45
BHPian

I did the road Test of Rhino today in Bangalore.
my observations...

Seating : Front/Rear seats THIGH support is very very less, not comfortable for long drive.

Quality of plastics: The dashboard quality is very bad, Rubber beedings and other plastic handles looks very bad and finishing is also bad, you can easily see the rubber beedings hanging outside the door panels.

AC : Air-conditioning is very good and chills really fast. top end model has rear AC also.

Paint Quality: paint quality is acceptable though not in the league of other suv's

Test drive experience:

Was eager to drive this vehicle, opened the front door, door opens wide and started the engine, rooooaaaarrrr is sound i hear and my whole body shakes hmmm, anyway was satisfied thinking myself that this is diesel engine and may take little time till it gets heated up..

Pressed the clutch oops, the clutch feels bad to operate and touched the gear lever and the gear handle was positioned at great position but moment i touched the gear lever it was like i am holding an electric vibrating body massager...(so much vibration...), now i know little bit of this vehicle, tried to put the first gear i had to battle it to put the first gear and even other gears while driving. The gear is not very precise and rough,dry and no action.

The steering is too big to hold and the position is like a MARUTI OMNI style of driving...

I slowly released the clutch with acceleration and the noise increases rapidly, noise insulation is very bad and i could hear only the engine noise even with my windows rolled UP. It strugles to move forward and at one time i thought i am driving a mini truck.
by this time i lost my interest on this vehicle but to complete the test drive i drove it from atleast 8 kms and touched 100 KPH, driving is not very much confidence inspiring may be due to its leaf spring at rear.

I felt steering is too light and is boon for city driving but not for highways due to its steering size and light steering. The brakes are good, it has disk at front and drum at rear.
I finished my test drive, but the dealer was very courtious and very attentive , he immediately arranged for test drive. but he mentioned a statement which is hard to digest.. he said the interior dashboard is like hond civic type and steering is like honda civic type..., i was thinking about the comparison.

The top end model is 8.42 lacs onroad which is not VFM looking at the quality of this vehicle,

hopefully ICML improves the overall quality of the vehicle and make it VFM.

-MUKE

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks