Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 22:38   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Or the SE esteem that one of our members Aditya has?
AFAIK the limited edition Esteem was priced very high. My friend bought it for 6.2 lacs(On road). Hope they get the pricing right for the Swift.
Old 3rd September 2007, 22:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
I would be running from post to pillar to pick up one of these even if they cost 10-15L.
Get the Swift Sport and plonk in the JWRC kit, whose specs you have quoted. Even if the S.S costed 7.5 OTR, you could end up with a competitive 160 BHP+ package under 10L- which would run on street gas, or Indian petrol. Remember, you get O.E. Suzisport parts, spares & backup for all mods...

No JWRC spec AWD, though. That could push your budget through the roof.

I can confirm that there have been Swift Sports doing the rounds in India as MUL test mules. And they were CBU's. Although MUL's plans to launch the car were in doldrums when I got news of the same.
Old 3rd September 2007, 22:49   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
you could end up with a competitive 160 BHP+ package under 10L- which would run on street gas, or Indian petrol.

No JWRC spec AWD, though. That could push your budget through the roof.
160bhp engine runs a CR of 12.9:1 IIRC and the bore x stroke are rather quite different from the sport engines too. No petrol on our country will be able to match it. The AWD kit is what makes it fun to drive around according to reviews from JWRC drivers. Its worth only if the whole car is got down, homologated and used for the rallies and tracks.
Old 3rd September 2007, 23:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

At leat Apra motors Gurgaon has absolutely no idea about Swift Sports... I spoke to a lady rep about Swift Sport on display and her response was "there is no such car, but Swift too looks very sporty" roflmao
Old 4th September 2007, 10:08   #35
BHPian

ok. i check both the dealerships of apra in gurgaon. none had the car on display. no person there had any idea of the sports swift version!

owner of apra happens to be my uncle. i would try to get in touch with him and see if i can get out any details!
Old 4th September 2007, 10:51   #36
BHPian

I also called up my contact in Apra Automobiles, he had no idea about Swift Sport.
Old 4th September 2007, 10:55   #37
Team-BHP Support

So that means this thread is mere speculation?!
Old 4th September 2007, 10:58   #38
Team-BHP Support

In all probability, this was a "kitted" car with the Sport front bumper. I remember reading about it a few months ago. A few dealers up North have tied up with a certain kit maker to sell these kitted cars from their showrooms.

Too bad, as I would have stood in line to get a Sport if it did ever make it here.
Old 4th September 2007, 11:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

The thread title got me really excited. But now it seems that its just ignorant sales people. If the Swift Sport was making it here, there would have been a lot of noise everywhere not just on Team BHP. If the SRV was priced at 8.5 lakhs, Maruti would get away with a 7 lakh price tag. Its a Maruti after all.

For now it seems like a car with a Sports package. Lets hope they get serious about the Sport soon. It will surely have a lot of takers.
Old 4th September 2007, 11:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Those wheels look good. Hope they do bring out a 1600cc engine package too.
Old 4th September 2007, 11:23   #41
BHPian

hi guys,

Swift sports hmmm seems like a good idea but i dont think the car will have many new things to offer even it does, i dont think people are very excited about it( check out the other thread about swift sedan)

i think feeling about this car is very extreme among people, either they really love it or really hate it.

but one thing i saw in a recent maruti true value mela. 30% of the car on sale were swift and those were all relatively new cars. maximum km. done on the meter was 14 k.

i was really surprised that why all the people getting rid of these cars so soon.

i asked the sales guy he said and i quote" shaukin logo ki gadi hai saab, log chalte hai thoda time fir sell kar dete hai".

obviously i did not buy what he said.

tell me what you think.

regards

Manu
Old 4th September 2007, 13:10   #42
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79
i dont think people are very excited about it( check out the other thread about swift sedan)
Its not about what else new it can offer. If you haven't noticed already the wait is only for the engine and the suspension and the gearbox. A 125bhp high revving engine is what all want. Doesn't matter if the rest is the same.
Old 4th September 2007, 13:23   #43
BHPian

i was thinking about the whole package. but is it practical to have that kind of car in india

Like the jim carrey said in the Bruce almighty " all that horse power and nowhere to gallop".
Old 4th September 2007, 14:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but one thing i saw in a recent maruti true value mela. 30% of the car on sale were swift and those were all relatively new cars. maximum km. done on the meter was 14 k.

i was really surprised that why all the people getting rid of these cars so soon.

i asked the sales guy he said and i quote" shaukin logo ki gadi hai saab, log chalte hai thoda time fir sell kar dete hai".
Its quite simple, the day the diesel came out, all petrol owners went to sell of their petrol swifts to get a diesel one. Nothing to do with shaukin and all.

Oh yeah the body kit of the Swift Sport is going to be there in my Swift too in the future so dont mistake it for sport

And the company is NIFT

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/552635-post829.html

Last edited by BUSA : 4th September 2007 at 14:28.
Old 4th September 2007, 14:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Its quite simple, the day the diesel came out, all petrol owners went to sell of their petrol swifts to get a diesel one. Nothing to do with shaukin and all.
I don't think anyone will first incur a loss by selling his new petrol Car and then wait 6 months for a diesel!

I think it has something to do with the Quality issues in Swift.

Last edited by finneyp : 4th September 2007 at 14:42.

Most Viewed