Team-BHP - Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Suzuki Swift Sport Coming to India: Edit: Or probably not! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/28348-suzuki-swift-sport-coming-india-edit-probably-not.html)

yes, guys you read it right. my friend just saw the swift sport 3 days back displayed at Apra Auto, Gurgaon. its going to come as a direct import and would cost between 7 - 8 lacs. it would come as a limited edition, all of this confirmed by Apra Auto. i would try to visit Apra Auto myself and confirm on this and i'll try to post some pics and launch date for the car soon. till then if anyone else happens to go to Apra Auto, Gurgaon. please post some pics too.

Thats really good news, so finally we have a real hot hatch in the country, i hope spares are available so we can take parts like headlamps and tail lights from MUL dealers :)

Finally a Swift which wont rattle :p

What extras does the sport have :-

6 airbags?????????
1.6L 125bhp
Sports seats
17inchers
Different Tail Lights, headlights
Body Kit
Spoiler

The Swift Sport is faster then a Mini in straight line.

7-8lacs:Shockked:.well i think this is maruti's way of gaging the feasibility of selling the swift sport in india.if they manage to sell even 500 swift sports,i presume they might plan to manufacture and sell the sports model in india.

The pricing needs to be in check if they intend to sell these cars.

And would it come in the bright yellow colour?

Any link/ site / official news from Maruti itself?

Pricing will not be a big issue since this is meant to be a limited and they do not intend to sell it in numbers. Just because of the pricing people will buy it. Expect to see a lot of competition on the drag strip. Also good parts for the swift.

Is this the same G16B thas on the baleno?

No ways will a special sportier edition be priced at 3.5 lacs more than the regular petrol.

Does your friend have any pictures to back his story up?

I will be one of those 500.... If you can back this up I can delay my purchase. BTW I will call Apra or maybe even go there tommroow to see if its really true.

This is awesome news. But what abt the modalities of A.S.S ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydiablo (Post 551606)
Pricing will not be a big issue since this is meant to be a limited and they do not intend to sell it in numbers. Just because of the pricing people will buy it. Expect to see a lot of competition on the drag strip. Also good parts for the swift.

Is this the same G16B thas on the baleno?

I second that. More than anything else, it would be a show of strength from MSIL.
But I have doubts on direct import part and the pricing. They must have enough G16B's still lying around to plonk it in existing swift. Body kits and additional paraphernalia and voila! you have swift sport!

The swift sport engine comes with a 125bhp, 109 lb.ft mill. VVT, 4 disc brakes, 0-100 in 8.9 secs, 6 airbags, complete bodykit, limited to 200kmph, polished intake manifold, short peened & forged pistons, a CR of 11.1. close ratio gearbox. The works.

Though what they should have really got is this.
Watercooled, inline 4, Dohc, 16-valve. 81x77.5 mm, CR of 12.9, 6 speed sequential, 218bhp @ 8,750rpm & 19kgm @ 7,250rpm. This would have been just the right thing to promote our rallies with and sell a couple of SE to the general public with slightly lesser power. I would be running from post to pillar to pick up one of these even if they cost 10-15L.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sids911
They must have enough G16B's still lying around to plonk it in existing swift.

The G16B puts out 91bhp. Where are they gonna find the remaining 34 horses?
Im sure this is a twin cam 1.6 from their stable and it will be detuned by 10 bhp here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by stumpy
I would be running from post to pillar to pick up one of these even if they cost 10-15L.

rl: What about the skyline,then??

Quote:

Originally Posted by sids911 (Post 551749)
I second that. More than anything else, it would be a show of strength from MSIL.
But I have doubts on direct import part and the pricing. They must have enough G16B's still lying around to plonk it in existing swift. Body kits and additional paraphernalia and voila! you have swift sport!

If priced at 7-8 Lacs I hope it is a M series VVT engine, else why should customer pay hefty price for same old Baleno engine, and why to import the car is such a case.

They seem to have created a sort of cult following for the Swift. Hey, even I bought one!

So yes, I think they will sell a few.

I'd bet they can sell more of these than Volvo can sell their 50 Lakh car we read of in another thread!