Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2004, 14:48   #1
Team-BHP Support

Once again as we apporach the end of the year, the auto magazines make their predictions for new launches in the following year.

The November issue of Autocar India has the cover dedicated to this. 46 (if I remember right) New cars for 2005. However, to credit them this time, they have included the words "could be launched" this time!

Well, for the second year running we have the Audi series of cars coming, however this time it will probably prove correct as its pretty simple for them to be imported now.

However, cars that really have no chance of being launched are also included, which i find really ridiculous.

They have the Ford concept car which is not yet launched slated for release in India in 2005! Yea right. You only need to look at how long Ford took to launch the Fusion to know that there is no chance in hell of this car making it to India in 2005. Maybe late 2006 at best.

Then we have the magazine favorite, the Ford Ranger pickup. This truck has been in the new car lists for the last 3 years now I think. Will it be launched in 2005? Again, highly doubtful as ACI's expected price for this was 8-11 lakhs. India has no market for a pick-up in that price range, so you can forget this.

Thats all I remember for now, but i'll refresh my memroy when i look at the magazine again this evening!

If nothing else, I guess this is always good for a laugh.

Rt

Old 28th October 2004, 14:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

But definately.. more than half of the cars that magzine people predict never get launched...i guess its just that .. they want to fill their pages or to make the readers dream of these cars!!
Old 28th October 2004, 17:25   #3
BHPian

Hi RTech,

I am in Paris and don't have access to the Autocar India article. Could you provide their list of cars and expected prices? Even better, scan the article and upload it somewhere?

Thanks,
- John
Old 28th October 2004, 17:36   #4
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]they want to fill their pages or to make the readers dream of these cars!!
Old 28th October 2004, 19:07   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (johnjacob @ Oct. 28 2004,15:55)]Hi RTech,

I am in Paris and don't have access to the Autocar India article. Could you provide their list of cars and expected prices? Even better, scan the article and upload it somewhere?

Thanks,
- John
Well, I'll list the cars once I get the mag in my hands...at work right now!

Check out www.autocarindia.com though to see the cover. Too bad they don't provide their articles online like all the other mags do.

Rt
Old 30th October 2004, 00:10   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (johnjacob @ Oct. 28 2004,15:55)]Hi RTech,

Thanks,
- John
Hey guys even i am studying in New York... i am desperate to read all these mags to get all the auto new but its really hard... i try and tell my dad to courier the mags to me once in a while but thats not very convient... while i am in bombay i read every months autocarindia,overdrive r my favourite bsmotoring and stuff is not that bad too.... but the website for both autocarindia and overdrive suck they dont put up any articles just show wats gonna be on the mag... bsmotoring website is the best for me i read that ever once in a while coz its updated often with the article.... do any of u guys know whr i can read other magzine articles? any website or something....Thnx guys
Old 30th October 2004, 01:14   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Sahil @ Oct. 29 2004,22:40)]Hey guys even i am studying in New York... i am desperate to read all these mags to get all the auto new but its really hard... i try and tell my dad to courier the mags to me once in a while but thats not very convient... while i am in bombay i read every months autocarindia,overdrive r my favourite bsmotoring and stuff is not that bad too.... but the website for both autocarindia and overdrive suck they dont put up any articles just show wats gonna be on the mag... bsmotoring website is the best for me i read that ever once in a while coz its updated often with the article.... do any of u guys know whr i can read other magzine articles? any website or something....Thnx guys
Sahil:
I believe Autocar India does offer a yearly International subscription for $75.
You can check this on their website (http://www.autocarindia.com/subscribe/autoform.asp) / magazine.
ad

Most Viewed