Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2008, 10:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

Which is the most awaited car of 2008( Apart from Nano)??
Old 27th February 2008, 14:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Which is the most awaited car of 2008( Apart from Nano)??
Depends on what people want. For me, I am waiting for Fiat Linea (Turbo Petrol with 120 BHP on tap! Bring it on!)
Old 27th February 2008, 15:56   #33

500, bravo

Hey what about Fiat 500 and Fiat Bravo and Fiat Palio Stile MJD. These are not in the list. I'm eagerly waitin for Grande Punto and Linea.
Old 27th February 2008, 18:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

According to me most awaited car of 2008 will be 1. Linea 2. New Honda City
( this is my view)
Old 29th February 2008, 20:24   #35
Ram
Senior - BHPian

2008 : a watershed year for the Indian car.

When our country's foreign rulers, flooded our clothing market with factory-produced clothes, our artisans found they could not match the new quality-for-money paradigm.

Now, for the first time, we have shown the world, (even the Chinese) our capability to produce a product, beyond their competitive abilities ! The tables have been turned.

The world has a hundred-years experience producing cars. Yet, India has changed the rules of the game for everyone.

The actual on-road price of the Euro-IV Nano may creep past a lakh rupees; and Tata may not enjoy a great margin. But mobility in India (esp. small motorcycle towns like Pune) will change forever.

The Nano may relegate the Bajaj autorickshaw to the museum of history.

The li'l car will spawn more malls, more motor-training schools, more tubeless-tire repair places, more multiplexes, more freedom of travel, more business. India's economy cannot but improve!

Of global significance, every three years hereon, a million more new straws will sip out of the world's fossil-fuel cocktail. As a consequence, the cost of fuel will rise beyond the reach of the guzzler car owners (USA, Australia, Canada,...).

The resounding shot that Mr Ratan Tata fired, has been heard around the world.

Ram
Old 6th March 2008, 14:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Maruti To Launch All-New Small Car In 2008

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

Maruti Suzuki India Limited announced today its plans to launch an all-new car to be built in India. The car called the A-star will be showcased in concept form at the Auto Expo in Delhi in January next year.
The company plans to sell the A-star with a 1.0-litre petrol engine, which will be Euro-V compliant. The carmaker will be following Hyundai’s footsteps (which, makes the i10 in exclusively in India and sells it in Europe) and will manufacture the car in India at its Manesar plant, and will sell it in Europe and India. Production at the facility is being bumped up and the plant is expected to roll out 150,000 A-stars annualy along a similar number of Swifts and SX4s. The car will also be sold under the Nissan badgeing in certain markets and will be on sale by autumn of 2008.
The company refused to divulge details about the price and specifications but said that the car would be a size smaller than the Splash, which was launched internationally recently.

This is one hot looking small car .

Moderator's Note: Please use the search function before starting new threads. Thread merged with existing topic of the same nature.
Attached Thumbnails
Cars expected to be launched/relaunched in India in 2008-suzukiastar_121207.jpg  

Last edited by theMAG : 6th March 2008 at 14:25.
Old 6th March 2008, 14:20   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Maruti Suzuki India Limited announced today its plans to launch an all-new car to be built in India. The car called the A-star will be showcased in concept form at the Auto Expo in Delhi in January next year.
Now, doesnt that alone tell you how old this news is?
Please search before posting/opening new threads.
Old 7th March 2008, 11:06   #38
BHPian

Had an update from the Mahindra corporate office through a relaible source and news is that they are working very actively on Hybrid scorpio and this may be launched within next 6 months or earlier as the work is going on in Nasik. However, for the time being, they seem to have shelved any plans for auto tranny on Mhawk VLX and any update is likely after 6 months, on auto.
Old 7th March 2008, 11:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Now, doesnt that alone tell you how old this news is?
Somehow missed reading that line....also , revisited Autocar website, and realised that the date on the top right corner is current date , and not the date of the article (as I had mistaken it to be)
Old 19th March 2008, 23:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

Any news about Innova 2008?
Old 20th March 2008, 20:21   #41
BHPian

All new Indica 2008 should be here around July (later half of the year-as per the press release in post Auto expo)
Old 20th March 2008, 21:26   #42
udaykars

Oh.. yes, I am very sure that, Indian car market is going to ROCK in 2008 !! Yesterday i have heard from a sales person at Concorde Motors [Tata Dealers] at Hyderabad that, The all new Indica will be launched mostly by the end of April or May. He confirmed that, Tata group is leaving no stone unturned to increase it's grip over Indian automobile market.
He indicated that, TATA motors is planning to completely take over the FIAT-INDIA in near future. Then all the FIAT vehicles would come under the tag of TATA , unlike now !! . When asked about the progress in A.S.S of Fiat vehicles. He assured me that, they have full control over that aspect now. He said, that he could provide me with any Spare of not just current Fiat cars, but also the spares of Fiat which is as old as 1973 make !! [i wonder how far it's true] If he actually spoke truth, then there is nothing like it.

Old 20th March 2008, 23:57   #43
BHPian

Any information about Toyota fortuner? is it gona be launched in 2009.
Old 21st March 2008, 00:14   #44
BHPian

RE: Tata taking over..

Gosh, we've had it. if tata takes over all aspects of fiat then the quality of fiat will go down the drain. should not happen.

----------------
2003 GTX - no complaints !
Old 21st March 2008, 00:25   #45

Is the vw gti 2.0 dsg available in india

?

this is really a super fun car and i love it.
and wanted to see if anyone else has access to this car.

Raja

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks