Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2008, 11:07   #46
BHPian

hey guys, any updates on SX4 diesel and Fiat Linea or Punto. I've looking for a car for a quite long time now. would it be worth waiting for anoter 3-4 months (cant wait more than that) for any of these cars Linea/Punto/SX4 DDiS. Please provide the inputs.

Thanks a lottt!!!!
Old 29th March 2008, 13:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

According to reports Fiat will launch Linea first and then the Grande Punto. Expect Linea to launch around July '08 and Grande Punto around Oct'08.
New Honda City , Suzuki A Star launch in Oct '08. No info on the SX4 DDIS.
Old 30th March 2008, 10:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

MSIL will have to offer a different Diesel engine than the 1.3 litre unit in the Swift/ Dzire for the SX4. It may be come with a Varaable Geomety Turbo or be a larger displacement engine. You cannot possibly sell a car at Rs 7 lacs+ (expected price for base model diesel ex showroom) and give it the engine from a Rs 4.5 lakh car. Moreover MSIL would rather concentrate on the A Star which is likely to give them a much needed boost in the lower end of the market than launch the SX4 Diesel which may face the supply constraints for engine unless the Manesar plant ups it Diesel powerplant output exponentially.
Old 30th March 2008, 11:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

This week when I visited service centre for my Innova's service they told me tall Innova is coming soon. Then they said it has more ground clearance with few modifications. One guy sounded like compared to 2005 Model my Innova new Innova has more ground clearance, I am confused a bit on their words but my feeling is very soon they are launching something new in Innova.

Regards.

Ravi.
Old 30th March 2008, 14:21   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaykars View Post
Oh.. yes, I am very sure that, Indian car market is going to ROCK in 2008 !! Yesterday i have heard from a sales person at Concorde Motors [Tata Dealers] at Hyderabad that, The all new Indica will be launched mostly by the end of April or May. He confirmed that, Tata group is leaving no stone unturned to increase it's grip over Indian automobile market.
He indicated that, TATA motors is planning to completely take over the FIAT-INDIA in near future. Then all the FIAT vehicles would come under the tag of TATA , unlike now !! . When asked about the progress in A.S.S of Fiat vehicles. He assured me that, they have full control over that aspect now. He said, that he could provide me with any Spare of not just current Fiat cars, but also the spares of Fiat which is as old as 1973 make !! [i wonder how far it's true] If he actually spoke truth, then there is nothing like it.
Spoke like a True SALESMAN
Old 30th March 2008, 19:03   #51
Senior - BHPian

Just heard Maruti has no plans to launch diesel SX4 !
Here s the Link :-

Hot news on Maruti Suzuki A-star,Splash,Jimny Wagon and SX4 diesel | Straight Frm The Heart
Old 30th March 2008, 19:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

What happened to the 1.9 DDIS on SX4 everyone was talkin about it?? Hope MSIL doesnt disappoint by not launching it!!!
Old 30th March 2008, 22:35   #53
BHPian

ohh maruti you disappoint me again Can anyone tell me if that is the same thing happening to linea too? I've been waiting long enough to get a good car. please help guys
Old 5th April 2008, 13:50   #54
Senior - BHPian

@ Ram - Could you throw some light on the launch of SX4 1.9 DDIS.
Old 5th April 2008, 23:19   #55
BHPian

sx4 diesel

Two independent sources from Maruti confirm that there is a) no SX4 diesel planned b) there will be no 1.9 diesel from Maruti
Alas!
Old 7th April 2008, 09:00   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Two independent sources from Maruti confirm that there is a) no SX4 diesel planned b) there will be no 1.9 diesel from Maruti
Alas!

So when new bigger bettter new new honda city will come , how maruti is going to answer that?
Not by doing anything to sx4? ( I don't think so )
Old 7th April 2008, 10:45   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
Spoke like a True SALESMAN
No matter what Tata tries to do to improve A.S.S. of Fiat cars, lack of Fiat technicians and attention at the Tata Dealerships to fiat cars is disgusting. As a fiat customers you still feel like being treated as an alien at Tata workshops.

They should have independent workshops for Fiat cars specially since, there are many more models getting launched. Till then I ll not even spell word 'F'.
Old 7th April 2008, 11:29   #58
BHPian

I am not surprised that MUL is not launching the SX4 in Diesel. The Dzire Diesel seems a very capable car with almost the same space as in SX4, both cabin and boot. They would have to plonk a much bigger engine to differentiate it from Dzire Diesel and justify the extra price.
Old 7th April 2008, 11:36   #59
BHPian

Any news on Maruthi APV. Any plans to launch it here ?
Old 7th April 2008, 16:12   #60
Senior - BHPian

Few days back, I had been to Maruti showroom. The dealer was saying that Maruti's next release could be the SX4 DDiS and the engine capacity could be 1.6! Had a look at suzuki UK site and there is an SX4 with 1.6 DDiS/89.7PS/215NM. After this the A-Star would be launched. Is this true? Anyone?

Most Viewed