Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2008, 09:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Saw auto transmission variant of mHawk Scorpio Vlx on pune roads today. It had 'At' written on back door & had 'automatic transmission' badging on side doors. It had temporary TC registration of MH 15 (Nashik) & was green in colour, didn't look like a test vehicle.

Has Scorpio with auto transmission been launched, website doesn't seem to indicate that.

moderators - could find any other thread for Scorpio AT, hence updated this thread. Move if it's being discussed elsewhere.
I guess u saw a test mule. So we can assume that it would be out in the next few months. Hope mahindra prices it sensibly! Coz if they are putting it in the top of the line VLX trim, i guess the price would be in the 12l range! Disaster!!!
Old 4th April 2008, 09:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey sukiwa looks like we share the same road in the morning.

I too saw the same one today morning itself at signal near Mhatre Bridge, immediately I took my bike to side of road and managed to snap couple of pictures before lights turned green.

Later on while passing it I managed to take a look inside and saw A LOT of data recording equipment, so may be it is still in process of being tweaked/optimize
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra to develop an automatic transmission for Scorpio EDIT: Pictures on Page 2-image_1.jpg  

Mahindra to develop an automatic transmission for Scorpio EDIT: Pictures on Page 2-image_2.jpg  

Old 4th April 2008, 10:06   #18
BHPian

Makes sense. There was news few days back that MM has bought Italian Gear Manufacturer
Old 4th April 2008, 10:32   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Makes sense. There was news few days back that MM has bought Italian Gear Manufacturer
And that they need an automatic transmission to compete in the United States, where a slushbox is the *automatic* choice with 99% of the car buyers.
Old 4th April 2008, 10:39   #20
BHPian

This automatic scorpio used to visit in my building many times. Someone who works with Mahindra Nasik plant stays in my building.
Old 4th April 2008, 11:04   #21
BHPian

Behold , here it comes. For me- most awaited SUVish vehicle with Auto tranny - diesel - in sensible price range. My cheque is ready. By the way, every week , I ,religiously have been tracking the driveinside section of cars expected to be launched and just hoping to see that it gets in April 08 and they have not revised it as yet. So far, all of their estimated dates for expected launch including that of dzire and motero AT been true so hoping like hell that it comes soon. Mahindras , please, hope you are listening.

I know that even the basic features like seat height adjust, lumbar support, electrically adjustable ORVMs are missing. Still I want it. I guess it will be in the range of 13-14 lakhs on road.
Old 4th April 2008, 13:59   #22
BHPian

its seems that this scorpio is lower model then VLX ..no alloys
or
i cant read VLX

Last edited by neo_trace : 4th April 2008 at 14:01.
Old 4th April 2008, 16:19   #23
Team-BHP Support

Doesnt look like the VLX as it isnt shod with alloys.
Good move, though.
Old 4th April 2008, 16:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
or
i cant read VLX
I can neither read AT nor VLX, I cant see anything except a pic, but all I care for is that its news/ rumor about a vehicle that I am waiting for.
Old 4th April 2008, 17:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

A most welcome move from the leader in the segment.The only option for a buyer for an AT was CRV in case of an suv.So this one is a sure winner in the segment.
ram
Old 4th April 2008, 17:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
I can neither read AT nor VLX, I cant see anything except a pic, but all I care for is that its news/ rumor about a vehicle that I am waiting for.
It is screaming automatic transmission from its sides!! I think i can make out a vlx badge at the rear. Looks like it, but not sure.

Also, if those aren't alloys, ehy does it have that projecting type hub cover which alloys usually have?? Also its missing in the fromt wheel. Mahindra is known for its crappy alloy designs. Maybe its another masterpiece by them. Curiously, their normal wheelcaps look like alloys!!

Last edited by JayD : 4th April 2008 at 17:21.
Old 4th April 2008, 17:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post

I know that even the basic features like seat height adjust, lumbar support, electrically adjustable ORVMs are missing. Still I want it. I guess it will be in the range of 13-14 lakhs on road.
13lac and who will buy?

11.50-12.00lac OTR for top end model.
Old 4th April 2008, 18:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
13lac and who will buy?

11.50-12.00lac OTR for top end model.
ok if 13 on road is too much- I hope Mahindras also think like you. But if VLX is on road around 12, then I guess, they will definitely add a premium of about 60-70 over VLX and then regn and insurance also increase effectively, proportionately. ditto for Company regn. , hence range 13-14 lakhs- is my guess.

It will still be cheaper than Vitara AT and in similar range as Civic AT- but it will be a SUV ( lets not discuss SUV or not here) with diesel engine, hence, I guess it will sell well. I in anycase would buy it even if its 15 OTR with added goodies on VLX like seat height adjustment, lumbar support for seats and electrically adjustable ORVMs.
Old 4th April 2008, 19:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Those are alloys! One thing though, I guess they should consider the tailgate mounted spare for the Scorp, which they displayed for the hybrid (although in its case the spare had to move there to accomodate the hardware for the hybrid). It might be more inconvenient but really increases appeal.
Old 4th April 2008, 19:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Doesnt look like the VLX as it isnt shod with alloys.
Good move, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Those are alloys!
Nope those are steel wheels with wheel caps. See the rear wheel in the first picture, you can clearly see the black steel wheel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks