Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2008, 13:19   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Ah, the pleasure of downshifting and overtaking a speeding Skoda on the highway shall be lost for ever...

You can downshift an AT you know and its just as great. Well almost and the convenience of AT is fantastic.
Old 13th April 2008, 16:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> Ah, the pleasure of downshifting and overtaking a speeding Skoda on the
> highway shall be lost for ever...

I would rather do the above with just a flex of the right foot (in an automatic) than involving all your other limbs to achieve the same result.
Old 16th April 2008, 00:28   #48
BHPian

who is providing the automatic box?Which company?
Old 16th April 2008, 00:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
So does this mean that the auto will be for the US market alone and not for India.Thats a sad news but we can hope it would be here soon.
ram
But didn't they already launch automatic in petrol long ago. not so sucessful renault engine.
Old 16th April 2008, 13:00   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
I cant believe that so many people really and truly think this.
Hey man there are better things to do when your hands are free. In any case the option of having shifters are always there and just for the heck of it . Even Santro AT has 4 positions to shift. I have driven a vehicle with auto tranny and its really such a pleasure. Are men meant only to change gears?
Old 16th April 2008, 17:27   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Hey man there are better things to do when your hands are free. In any case the option of having shifters are always there and just for the heck of it . Even Santro AT has 4 positions to shift. I have driven a vehicle with auto tranny and its really such a pleasure. Are men meant only to change gears?

And your point is the same as I was trying to make - right?
Old 16th April 2008, 17:32   #52
BHPian

Quote:
And your point is the same as I was trying to make - right?
Absolutely . Those who have not yet tasted the AT(s) nor have gone through the grind of a daily commute in cities, they can easily pass such comments , and ask them to try Civic ATs/ Laura DSG. Still if they feel they would like to go for a manual tranny, most welcome.
Old 16th April 2008, 21:32   #53
Senior - BHPian

Scorpio needs Airbags, Better Suspensions, and Good interiors to make their product superior. AT is one fancy thing like Curise control, Not sure how many will be attracted towards that.
Old 17th April 2008, 05:36   #54
ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Scorpio needs Airbags, Better Suspensions, and Good interiors to make their product superior. AT is one fancy thing like Curise control, Not sure how many will be attracted towards that.
Mate, its actually it is the other way round

Most cars sold in the [COLOR=#0000ff]United States[/COLOR] since the 1950s have been equipped with an automatic transmission ---> long time b4 airbags, good suspension and fancy interiors

In most Asian markets, automatic transmissions have become very popular since the 1990s ---> long time b4 airbags, good suspension and fancy interiors

Get with the times bro
Old 17th April 2008, 17:48   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Cruise control - I agree is a bit of a fancy that I dont use much in India but AT? Its IMO fantastic - I was desperate for an AT after driving abroad and I got a Laura. Now I'll NEVER go back to a MT.
Old 21st April 2008, 11:08   #56
BHPian

Anyone has any update about likely launch date of Scoprio AT. Currently, I guess Mahindras offer Scorpio AT in SLX trim 2.6 CRDe. Its a 4 speed auto. Anyone may please, give an idea about how much extra should I pay for AT . IMHO 60K over SLX MT is fair hike.

I have read that new one is likely to come with 6 speed auto tranny. Please, share some info, if anyone has insider info.
Old 21st April 2008, 15:12   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Currently, I guess Mahindras offer Scorpio AT in SLX trim 2.6 CRDe. Its a 4 speed auto. Anyone may please, give an idea about how much extra should I pay for AT . IMHO 60K over SLX MT is fair hike
Nope, they don't currently have an AT on offer. The potential launch is what this thread is all about.
Old 21st April 2008, 22:28   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cruise control - I agree is a bit of a fancy that I dont use much in India but AT? Its IMO fantastic - I was desperate for an AT after driving abroad and I got a Laura. Now I'll NEVER go back to a MT.
AT is good in city drives. What I really wanted to mean is Scorpio has many things improve before they offer a model with AT.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:16   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Nope, they don't currently have an AT on offer. The potential launch is what this thread is all about.
What you said seems to be correct. Only thing is that when I visited a dealer last Saturday, the salesman also said that its not available - 'its impossible to get an AT Scorpio". Then I told him that I have seen a lot of advertisements for AT scorpio on sale ( aka model 2004 etc).

Seemingly arrogantly he called up his contact in M&M ( he was a senior guy) and put it on speaker phone to impress me apparently that - "look , I have the authentic info and you better dont challenge me". To his surprise the person from other side replied,"Harit, I have just 1 scorpio in black color , SLX trim, non-VLX" which I can offer, else you have to wait". Harit thanked and kept the phone. Harit offered to pass on corporate discount as applicable and I shook hands.

This was my sixth visit and I have never come closer to this phantom- "AT" than this time. But it still seems elusive as at the same dealer , this was the sixth different answer on enquiry about AT. So far 2 positive answers against 4 negatives.

I am expecting the pricing details today , still not too sure, if they would actually send the pricing today. Just in case, if they do , I posted this question that how much is AT transmission is worth ( extra over a SLX-MT) to be better prepared to haggle if need be.

Well till I actually get to see an AT Scorpio in metal and rubber, I am having fun speculating. Nevertheless its worth it.
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:02   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Salesmen! They could mean all-terrain (AT ) or something of the like. BTW, if, in the rarest of chances, you do come across an automatic Scorpio for sale, I'd suggest you scoot as quickly as possible. It would only be an abused test mule.

Nope, Mahindra has yet to offer the automatic transmission on its Scorpio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks