Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: WagonR v/s Santro v/s Indica - Which one is ur choice??
WagonR 70 37.63%
Santro 55 29.57%
Indica 61 32.80%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2005, 20:39   #61
BHPian

holla

the new wagonr makes....
the main difference among these cars........
abs.....and airbags.......anyones choice....
plus smooth car....with smooth engine.....
Old 24th February 2005, 01:52   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

how can you comapare a indica to those small car,it has far more space,ride is lot lot better,petrol version is really perky,looks better,handles decently,has batter equipment list,i cant say about people who have bad opinion about the indica the car they have never driven,want an answer go for a 1000km drive in a indica and other small car ull know the difference.
Old 24th February 2005, 18:17   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

read ACI small car shootout if u have some doubts about the dynamics and space of the car,i agree that indica has a poor gearshift and quality of switchgear is not as good but we need a good car not a car with poor ride and no space but with nice wiper controls,no panel gaps,oh my god scary handling more vertical space as if we need to wear cook s cap but no legspace with narrow rearbench looking like a brick placed vertical,looks more out of a comic rather than a designer s studio,and oh i forgot pls dont compare diesels to petrols,why is palio and sail not here they are also cars of same segement.
Old 24th February 2005, 22:10   #64
BHPian

i voted for wagonR. i felt better wen driving it then santro....

it shows wagonR is winning the poll.
Old 30th January 2006, 12:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

Ok.. the reason i refreshed this page is that i just read in Autocar about the sales figures for December 2005. Now this truely reflects the Original tall boy's (wagonR's) growing popularity.. its ranked 2nd, next to Alto. Santro is ranked 5th and Indica 4th. WagonR also takes the cake in JD power APEAL study.. Now all Maruti now needs is a better advertising campaign.. and they are already working on it..
Read The Hindu story:http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...3002210100.htm

So its not a "highly overrated car" as some people suggest.. whatsay!!
Old 30th January 2006, 12:38   #66
BHPian

any day its indica for me.
Old 30th January 2006, 13:11   #67
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the Indica. Love the way the Turbo kicks in. Whooooooosh..
Old 21st January 2007, 22:00   #68
Team-BHP Support

Well... Voted for wagonR...

Cause, simple... I have one... Bought it cause i liked it more than others in the segment...
Old 24th January 2007, 18:25   #69
BHPian

All people who talk, talk against Indica but yet Indica has managed to sell so far more cars than Santro and WagonR (only Alto sels more) and here in this poll too Indica has come second
Old 24th January 2007, 21:04   #70
Senior - BHPian

Santro has been losing its shine offlate. Its a nice first car no doubt but I guess competetion has gotten better/providing more value. They need to do something to reignite it or will it give in to the new Pa??
Old 24th January 2007, 21:23   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunpn View Post
All people who talk, talk against Indica but yet Indica has managed to sell so far more cars than Santro and WagonR (only Alto sels more) and here in this poll too Indica has come second
And who told you that???

Almost all of indica sales accounted for diesel, till Xeta was launched. I dont think Indica is second...
Old 24th January 2007, 21:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

I like the Wagon R. Might sound funny but it's actually a good handler, inspite of it's high COG.

It's not a high speed vehicle but on a tight twisty road, you can have some real good fun.

Shan2nu
Old 24th January 2007, 23:44   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
It's not a high speed vehicle but on a tight twisty road, you can have some real good fun.
Handling is good...

But the front pillars are kinda think... (In santro too)... So, taking right corners are a bit of a blind affair... Felt this when pushing hard... Otherwise, its managable...
Old 25th January 2007, 00:16   #74
BANNED

Like the new wagonR better than the santro and the indica, as it has the option of cng/lpg.proves good if your driving into town and back everyday.
Old 25th January 2007, 00:30   #75
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
I like the Wagon R. Might sound funny but it's actually a good handler, inspite of it's high COG.

Shan2nu
I voted for the Santro, which must be similar to Wagon R. The greatest fun you can have in the Santro is while making tight overtakes on relatively narrow roads with a reasonable amount of traffic -- if these roads are twisty, then even better. Just this Sunday I frustrated the hell out of a Swift guy on the Pune bypass road. Initially ducked past him while he hesitated behind another vehicle. Then he gave *very hard* chase (100-120 kmph), but each time he caught up, I slipped past another vehicle ahead, leaving him stranded. Top speed and pick up don't count as much as maneuverability in these conditions, and the Santro/Wagon-R would be hard to beat in this respect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks