Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2007, 01:15   #1
BHPian

Help!! Alto facing a weird vibration problem

I have a 4 yr Alto which has clocked 50km. i have been facing a weird problem recently. Whenever i give my car for washing (under the hood) or whenever i drive when it rains heavily, the car's egine begins to vibrate severly then loses power, then slows down and eventually stops. (when i say vibrate, i meant the whole car begins to shake!). If i keep starting it, it does not start. If i let it stand for 10 minutes or so it eventually starts again. I thought this was a one off problem, it happened for the 3rd time recently. I gave the car for servicing and the Maruti guys said it might have to do with water entering the fuel line - they checked, but the problem has not been sorted.

The car has now occasionally begun vibrating when i begin driving the car in first gear too when it does not rain too - with the AC on and off.

This is a very peculiar problem which i have never faced with the other cars i have.

The possible causes i felt were:
- Water entering the fuel line, then the injectors - (checked)
- Timing of the tappets - (checked)
- Clogged fuel line/ filter - (checked)
- engine mounts damaged - (checked)

I know the Alto is simply an amazing car and i have never heard of anything like this happening. Anyone with ideas on what is causing this could be of great help.

Most Viewed