Team-BHP - Mitsubishi Cedia and New Honda Accord - Cousins?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mitsubishi Cedia and New Honda Accord - Cousins? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/28586-mitsubishi-cedia-new-honda-accord-cousins.html)

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Before you guy brand me as a no-man an term this post as blasphemy, please look at the similarity in looks for these two cars - and I am speaking about the new Accord - not the old one.

1. The hood design looks similar
2. Both have the headlamps fish eye shaped - though Accord's is bigger
3. The tail lights looks similar - Aaah! The older tail lights looked grand in Accord!

Ofcourse there are a lot of differences in Segment, finish, size et al - but can't help notice the similarities.

And personally, I think Honda has taken away the grandeur looks from Accord. Also, with a S_xier Civic around, I wonder who will go for an Accord which is atleast 6 lacs more expensive and looks like a car in 9 lac category - atleast from rear and sides..

All the best to Honda!

Quote:

Originally Posted by emanuscript (Post 557876)
And personally, I think Honda has taken away the grandeur looks from Accord. Also, with a S_xier Civic around, I wonder who will go for an Accord which is atleast 6 lacs more expensive and looks like a car in 9 lac category - atleast from rear and sides..

All the best to Honda!

Have you driven the Accord and the Civic?

Theres a LOT of difference between the two and Id go for the Accord over the Civic if I could afford it.

Look at the size of the accord in no way does it come have the look of a 9 lakh car. Totally disagree with your observations- If Cedia and Accord are brothers then what does that make the pre-facelift Accord backside and Sonata backside- Twins?!

I am not able to understand half things of this thread that how accord and cedia are related ,all i know is both are wonder full machines but they dont look alike to me ,and the other half of this thread is what i dont agree ,civic is a good car and if accord is 9 lacks then probably civic is not more than 5 lacks ,i dont mind if accord is pricesed at 9 lacks and civic at 5 lacks and probably E-280 at 15 lacks ,BUT that DOESN'T make any sense you KNOW

Exactly i too cant understand the Accord looks big and huge, the Cedia looks small and slim, you cant compare both of them. Plus the Accord is a D+ segment car and the Mitsubishi is a D segment car now pushed to C+ levels.

He is talking about the new Accord - spy pics published in AUtocar India this month. You an check it out at -

Spy Shots: 2008 Honda Accord sedan caught! - Autoblog

The Cedia and Accord is a world apart, Accord is a league higher than cedia. It is much bigger and the new Honda Accord has a 3.5 lit engine ( 270 BHP !!! ), compare that to the 2.0 of the cedia. looks may be simple but its got the latest features.

I think the new accord is just too good looking - very classy and hot looking saloon.

This new accord doesnt look sporty at all. It reminds me of the Camry.
I loved the the older one (one before the triangle shaped taillamps)

anyway,the new accord looks more like the sonata embera rather than the cedia.

I think he is trying to say that the front of the Cedia and Accord look similar because of their triangular headlights and thus may be called cousins.

Guys,

He is purely taling about the exterior styling.

Why mix it with engine, power, etc?

There is nothing specific to those lights front or rear to either Cedia or Accord, both such patterns have existed for a while...

Though I agree, that Honda has robbed the charm of the Accord.
To me it looks more Embera-ish... Yuk.

A photo in a magazine can fool many. It will not necessarily give us the right picture. Let some more shots of the car be revealed and That'll help us reach a good conclusion of the new car.

On first looks, it seemed to me as if it is a Sonata Embera-ish body style. And I don't like it that way. But it has a bit of leaning towards the Camry too. And I like it that way.

Hello people!

My apologies - It just looked like I scribbled while I was drunk with no responses to your comments after I posted the thread. Infact I couldnt figure out the thread after I posted that I thought may be the moderator took it a little too much to heart and thew it in a dust bin by his PC.

However, now that I am pleaseantly surprised while searching all my threads, let me make a few clarifications here (And honestly, with those tags like "senior bhpian" and "bhpian" in contrast to a "niewbie" - I am a little nervous )

1. The observations are only on exteriors - I know the stuff under the hood are world apart

2. Agree - there is a difference in size and category - But again - the observations are on styling

3. Sahil - No - not twins - pre-facelift accord and embera where probably cousins too - but the first was a classy cousin who flaunted the wealth and the latter meekly imitating...

4. Rubin - If you did not understand the thread - the quickest relove is the simplest too - read again - I never said they are priced at 9 lacs and 6 lacs - I said the s_xier and sleek (may be smaller) version is 6 lacs lesser than the more expensive (bigger) Accord

I actually have pics with me on my laptop - dunno how to put it in the thread - lemme figure that out..

And hey - no attempt to offend anyone here this - I think this is one of the best run forums in India - so all due respects to senior bhpians for building culture.

Manu.