Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 09:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

HSBC gold card waives off the surcharge on Fuel purchases. The amount gets credited back to the account at the end of each month. For my monthly fuel bills of 4K, I get a credit back of Rs 100.
Old 1st April 2010, 19:02   #32
J.Ravi

Redeemed Petrocard Petromiles for Titan watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Let me restart the thread after more than 2 years. I have BP Petrocard, but so far not redeemed the points. I also use Axis Bank Priority Bank debit card in BP and HP pumps which guarantees no additional fuel surcharge on purchases.
I redeemed 84,903 points accumulated in my BP Petrocard for a Titan Watch on 19.2.2010. I received the watch this evening from the courier. According to the bill attached with the pack, the value has been mentioned as Rs 1046. Here is the picture of the Titan Watch I received:
Attached Images

Old 28th April 2010, 12:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

I Always pay in Cash. Carrying a Petro Card / Company specific Credit card is a pain.

There is a liability of going to that respective pump or looking out for IOC / HP / BP Pump while on highways.

For frequent users, they need to keep an eye out for that specific pump and again, that pump must have a card reader and again that must be in working order and again the attender must kow how to use it correctly.

I would prefer a post paid credit card which offers point on fuel purchase irrespective of the Vendor (be it HP/BP/IOCL/Reliance/Shell) and the flexibilty to swipe the card on my own.
Old 28th April 2010, 13:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used the SBI petro/railway card? Please post your experience?
Old 28th April 2010, 14:40   #35
BHPian

I have been using credit cards for fuelling for almost 5 years now in Bangalore. However, I have never opted for any petro-related cards so far as after going through the features of few cards ( e.g. BP petrocard and IOC Xtramile card ) I understood there is nothing significant in terms of benefit by using these petro cards.

On surcharge, yes by default, credit cards attract a 2.5% fuel surcharge. However, in case of SBI / ICICI / HDFC credit cards they waive it off later, in case the purchase value is more than 400 Rs. (my experience is only with world master card / platinum and gold cards). Best part is that you need not confine to any particular fuel station or company and also it does not depend on any particluar bank's swiping machine.

In fact Standard chartered card from time to time campaigns for a 5% cash back ( i.e. a 2.5 % net credit to your card) in case you fuel it up in a BP bunk.
Old 28th April 2010, 15:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

I mostly tank up at an IOC bunk near my house with my Citibank IndianOil credit card. I am rewarded every year with 1000 bucks of free petrol, based on a usaage of Rs 4000 per month.
I also have a hsbc card that I use in emergencies, when there is no IOC bunk in the vicinity. There is no surcharge for using hsbc credit card.

So if you have both cards, life will be easy.
Old 29th April 2010, 12:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

I have a normal HSBC credit card (both gold and platinum)

Benefits

1. Normal card, can be used for purchases anywhere
2. Pay at any petrol pump across India (accepting credit cards)
3. 2.5% surchage is charged, however at month end, it is waived off, so dont have to pay
4. No minimum & maximum jhanjhat.
5. Get reward points like your other shopping.
Old 9th July 2011, 13:30   #38
BHPian

Re: Loyalty programs of Fuel companies (Petrocard, Club HP etc)

I own an i mint card. From the websites what i have observed is that 1 point will be accumulated for every fuel purchase of rs.200. Will the i mint card be swipped in any puel pump for cash purchases and points accumulations.

Can anyone clarify?
Old 9th July 2011, 15:17   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I own an i mint card. From the websites what i have observed is that 1 point will be accumulated for every fuel purchase of rs.200. Will the i mint card be swipped in any puel pump for cash purchases and points accumulations.

Can anyone clarify?
Is it 1 point for 200/- ? I thought its 1 point for 100/- and if you fill from iMint associated HP pumps, you get 5 times the point or so. I think you need not even swipe the iMint card if you are using an ICICI credit card. The points are transferred normally into those.
Old 9th July 2011, 15:35   #40
BHPian

i think the best is Citibank Indianoil Card, 4points for every rs 150 spend for fuel at IOC petrol pumps having citibank machines.

Fill up for about 2400, you get 64rs petrol free almost 1 litre free petrol for every 34litres that you fill, ofcourse no fuel surcharge.

Just find a decent IOC pump near your home/work which has a citibank machine.
Old 9th July 2011, 15:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash24 View Post
i think the best is Citibank Indianoil Card, 4points for every rs 150 spend for fuel at IOC petrol pumps having citibank machines.

Fill up for about 2400, you get 64rs petrol free almost 1 litre free petrol for every 34litres that you fill, ofcourse no fuel surcharge.

The citibank IOC card points cannot be redeemed everywhere , the key thing is to find a respectable pump where it can be redeemed . I have experience of redeeming it thrice - twice in Bangalore through redeem coupons, both the pumps were pretty shady and my car had engine problems both the times .
I have used it once in Mumbai and fortunately one of the pumps which I use regularly had the redeeming facility where redeeming was as simple as swiping the card in a redeeming card machine and it got automatically debited . The experience was fine.
So moot point is that Citibank card ( and its points) works as long as you know a good pump where you can redeem else it becomes a liability as you are locked into to Indian Oil pumps . In Mumbai IOC pumps are the least in number as compared to HPCL and BPCL
Old 9th July 2011, 16:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
The citibank IOC card points cannot be redeemed everywhere , the key thing is to find a respectable pump where it can be redeemed . I have experience of redeeming it thrice - twice in Bangalore through redeem coupons, both the pumps were pretty shady and my car had engine problems both the times .
I have used it once in Mumbai and fortunately one of the pumps which I use regularly had the redeeming facility where redeeming was as simple as swiping the card in a redeeming card machine and it got automatically debited . The experience was fine.
So moot point is that Citibank card ( and its points) works as long as you know a good pump where you can redeem else it becomes a liability as you are locked into to Indian Oil pumps . In Mumbai IOC pumps are the least in number as compared to HPCL and BPCL
well, for example if you have collected 450 points on your citibank indian oil card, just go fill for 450 fuel once, pay for it at the IOC pump, call citi phone, ask them to reverse this on your month end statement, as simple as that. no need to hunt for a redeeming machine at the IOC pump.

agreed you need to have a good IOC pump with a citibank charging maching near your home/work.
Old 9th July 2011, 16:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well, for example if you have collected 450 points on your citibank indian oil card, just go fill for 450 fuel once, pay for it at the IOC pump, call citi phone, ask them to reverse this on your month end statement, as simple as that. no need to hunt for a redeeming machine at the IOC pump.
Ah if thats possible then its great . I was of the understanding that even for the amount to be knocked off by citiphones from reward points one has to refill at one of the pre-designated IOC pumps rather than any IOC pump . Can you please confirm that it can be done at any IOC pump ? It would save me a quite a bit of trouble.
Old 9th July 2011, 16:36   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Ah if thats possible then its great . I was of the understanding that even for the amount to be knocked off by citiphones from reward points one has to refill at one of the pre-designated IOC pumps rather than any IOC pump . Can you please confirm that it can be done at any IOC pump ? It would save me a quite a bit of trouble.
As far as i know in bangalore, all IOC pumps with citibank machine are pre-designated IOC pumps. Which means when i fill fuel at these pumps i dont get charged surcharge, and once i have collected 450 points, i fill for 450, call up citiphone and job done the amount is reversed.

To be honest i fill fuel only at 2 IOC pumps, one is near my work place and one is near my home(both pumps fuel quality and fuel measurement is accurate). So i havent done any experiments with other IOC pumps.
Old 10th July 2011, 07:36   #45
BHPian

Quote:

Yes i understand the Citi Titanium India oil card seems to be the best of the lot. I own silver priviledge credit card from citibank and i am being offered one Platinum Travel mile card. But a couple of times my request to get the indian oil card has been turned down. I do not know why , may be it is because i requested for one.

Most Viewed