Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you think that the Hyundai Getz is overpriced? - @ 5 lac rupees plus for a hatchback
Yes 101 92.66%
No 8 7.34%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2004, 13:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (sridhar_naidu @ Sep. 14 2004,12:44)]yes..I am a native of Hyderabad.Presently working in a software MNC at bangalore.I own a Palio 1.6 GTX.
I really lov the car..it continues to amaze me everytime
i drive it.What abt. ur intro..ar u from Hdyerabad
yup
me too from hyd, there are many other guys here fromhyd too,satish,chaxy,dan,dohc

btw my intro is in the "intoduce yourself" column

check it out link
Old 19th September 2004, 23:30   #32

if it was powered by the same crdi unit as the accent crdi then the price would be just right.
Old 19th September 2004, 23:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

The result says it all....
Old 20th September 2004, 16:08   #34
Senior - BHPian

Tho i hv voted yes, but i wud like to wait & know some features which wud be attributing for the high costs viz. ABS, electronic PS, some electronic gadegtry etc which may justify the higher cost,it wud be gr8 if any one can update on this..

Old 20th September 2004, 16:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

hey i think the abs is standarrd now even on the santro ? or is it only on the auto ? as GTO said no power mirrors too...hhmmm

Getz is over priced ......but lets wait n see how the Fusion turns out vis-a-vis at the price at which it is launched.....

cheers
Old 20th September 2004, 18:54   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] but i wud like to wait & know some features which wud be attributing for the high costs viz. ABS, electronic PS, some electronic gadegtry etc which may justify the higher cost,it wud be gr8 if any one can update on this..
Its less about the additional gizmos, and more on the complete package that the Getz offers. Its more european than korean in nature, rides and handles extremely well, is much bigger than even the Indica, is very very refined.....Simply put, its a premium hatch with a premium price-tag. And yes, ABS is an option.

GTO
Old 20th September 2004, 20:36   #37
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Hey,
So on Sat when I'd gone to pick up my car from Jayabharat I saw the Getz & asked if test drive was immediately available. It was & so me & my friend took it to the Seaface. My impressions:
The car is very spacious inside & there's Tremendous legroom at the rear. With me sitting in drivers seat & being very comfortable my friend who was sitting behind me(as tall as me) was equally comfortable...usually its the case of cramped seats but the seats themselves are not very comfortable. Typically Hyundai, no underthigh support & knees pointing skywards. Front seat is quite comfortable & the dash is just huge! Quality of plastics is very good & the switchgear clicks were also very positive.

Coming to the engine..its quite peppy for its size & not very boring. But by no means is it a hot hatch. Good enough for city & occasional highway drives. Revv the engine & it sounds bad beyond 4000rpm. Not for very enthusiastic driving. Ride is good but not as good as Palio which has set a benchmark. Handling was ok. What was not ok were brakes...a very Hyundai trait. The car I drove was non ABS & in a 100-0 test it lost its composure. Boot space is good enough for occasional weekend trips I suppose.

Overall the car looks good & is a logical step up from the Santro. Its big inside, comfortable, peppy enough & with good sales service it should click. The sticker price of Rs 5.15lakhs on-road Thane for GLS is quite acceptable to me. What would not be acceptable is the CRDi with 5.6lakhs sticker price. Now that would be a real problem & as we know manufacturers tend to price the diesel variants at a premium. (except Skoda) Lets see whether it really Getz the thumbs up from the Indians.

PS:The promos for the Getz are really awful & just not up to the mark...god they were better off with Shahrukh Khan & Preity Zinta pormoting it !
Old 21st September 2004, 19:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]PS:The promos for the Getz are really awful & just not up to the mark...god they were better off with Shahrukh Khan & Preity Zinta pormoting it !
naaah......not shahrukh and preity....

and to top it all , the getz ad is cut from a video made by farah khan .....and they got dancers all the way from old blighty to perform......

anywayz........
Old 14th October 2004, 15:28   #39
BHPian

The Getz is overpriced by about a lakh, but you can expect a correction after a few thousand cars have been sold.

So says this column.
Old 14th October 2004, 15:35   #40
Team-BHP Support

I hardly see any ..or am i blind
Old 15th October 2004, 22:00   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I see quite a few everyday in Bombay. But its surely overpriced.

GTO
Old 21st October 2004, 13:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quite a few Getz are seen on the roads but they are a lot less than I had expected to see. I feel people are still buying the Xing over the Getz giving a sorta conclusion the the Getz is overpriced.

My vote : Overpriced
Old 21st October 2004, 14:57   #43
BHPian

I see a handful of 'em in bangalore.. but i somehow dont feel that its bigger than santro. it almost looks same except that the santros top is chopped off and has been modded a bit to look different. and still palio looks bigger to me.
Old 24th October 2004, 22:54   #44

Let me add my experience to this forum...i am about to buy a car within 5.5 lacs and i sqauared my choices to Accent GLE, Getz GL(more VFM than GLS),Ford Ikon.I test rode all these and i am giving my observations:

Accent GLE: good car, excellent gearshift, ride, and interior space.Looks a big car, and looks, from rear esp(after new lights).Price cut has made it very attractive and is drawing large nos i hear

Hyundai Getz: Nice too, i test rode all three.I thought that Getz wud be more comfortable than Accent, simply because it is heavier, more wheelbase, rear gas shocks as compared to GLE's oil ones.
But found it uncomfortable as compared to Accent and ikon to my surprise.To tell you,I tested all of them very roughly, and was very harsh on all during my run of 8-10 kms(on all) on GT road, Karnal.I took it to 100KMph, in 3rd gear,and changed to 4th gear.
Engine is unrefined as compared to Santro or Accent.I dont know how hyundai managed to do that.But overall not that VFM u are spending on it.AC is poor too, and i found it worse than even santro.Nice thing is the gearshift lever, which is totally vibration free even at high revs.Bur engine noise appears bad when u rev it to higher band.Not the best product from hyundai.

IKon Flair: i liked this car immediately as i entered in it.Engine is very smooth, good and powerful.The most appealing thing of this car is the rear seat comfort on which my mom sat and praised.Also when i took it on rough patches on 100Kmph(they were worse than those which i took Getz on) it was absolutely stable and very comfortable.I wonder what the hell happened to Getz, which promised so much with heavier chasis and gas shockers.
It was very rev happy and seemless power delievery was apparent.Engine never made unusual groan even i pullled it on 5000 rpm in 3rd gear.I feel that it will be having better efficiency than Getz too.
I feel Ikon scored over all three in key areas: Engine, efficiency, performance, handling, solid built.
The koreans as usual try to appeal customers by the plastics, dashboard etc. which i feel are secondary things.
Actually i feel that Hyundai is basking on the success of Santro( i recently sold feb 99 santro).The Accent is nowhere near a quality product as compared to its competition.With no Santro pedigree, Ikon should have always outsold it.
All my family members liked Ikon and didnt feel that good in accent.On getz, my mom said what is the use of spending so much money on a bigger santro like getz when you have such good cars(Ikon Flair) on your helm?Just remove the cobwebs of Hyundai aftersales service, as it is overhyped and i feel not that good

I am going to book a Flair within 4-5 days

Old 29th October 2004, 11:13   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for sharing, Shaleen. But if you really want comfort and power...go for the Fiat Petra 1.6. Give it atleast a testdrive before putting your dough down for the Flair.

GTO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks