Team-BHP - Do you think that the Hyundai Getz is overpriced?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Do you think that the Hyundai Getz is overpriced? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2868-do-you-think-hyundai-getz-overpriced.html)

So Hyundai finally launches the much awaited Getz last week. Prices on-road Mumbai are:

5.1 lacs for the GL
5.4 lacs for the GLS (fully loaded with only alloys and abs as an optional extra)
6.0 + lacs for the CRDi (As and when it is launched)

Problem is, most of the C segment sedans have gone through a price cut in the past 3 months. Thus a decently equiped Ford Ikon, Maruti Esteem, Hyundai Accent and Fiat Petra will all cost your pocket a lot less money than the Hyundai Getz.

Do you think that Hyundai has over-priced the Getz?

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Thus a decently equiped Ford Ikon, Maruti Esteem, Hyundai Accent and Fiat Petra will all cost your pocket a lot less money than the Hyundai Getz.

spot on GTO. infact i wud go and buy the PALIO 1.6 instead of the getz.
hyundai just doesnt make exciting cars but it works in india for them , but this time i think they mite just have lost the plot a bit on the pricing.

i vote yes ..getz is overpriced.

cheers

Seeing the on road Mumbai prices ... yes I second GTO and NC on that. For 5.4 lakhs you get a decent midsizer for that price and whatever one says even a slightly bigger hatchback can never match a saloon with a boot.

All the other mid sizers including Hyundai with the Accent have slashed prices. I only hope the Getz just doesnt end up as an overpriced hatchback.

Dippy

What are the added goodies in the top end version. Is it just the power windows and other cosemetic goodies

I think for the top end version on road price U get a decent mid sizer.Fiat Petra would Kill it, if only Fiat would know how to market it

I am sure Hydnai is going to kick in some discounts sooner or later or cut the price after the localization level increases.

May be they might make the ABS and alloys standard on the topend and that might give the top end getz the required edge

The Hyundai CRDI engine is sure to lose its premium post april 2005 when our refinaries start giving out the Diesel required for E-IV norms and I am sure there will be next generation engines from Fiat and Skoda that will show the Hyundai engines the door.

SO 6 lacs for that car next year is surely going to kill it. I think Hyndai should position it at around 5.5

hey guyz,

forgot to add this. after that initial call from modi hyundai , they called me back on 11th and the 1st question is sir are u booking the getz ? i was

i said i had asked for a test drive . ok they said.

i decided to probe further and asked them what engine specs the getz was offered with and they go 1345cc petrol engine , no they dont know the other details , i asked whats the diff between gl and gls.

they took ages to tell me that the gls had power windows for the rear seat !!

come on hyundai ...atleast arm ur dealers or train them with what the car is gonna come . the dealer was fumbling his way thru and i decided to stop wasting my time.

they said they will call back in 4 days !!

lets wait and watch

cheers

At 6 lakhs plus for the CRDi version, the Getz is going to be grossly overpriced. Doesn't make sense at all. Hyundai should have priced the petrol cars about 30-40k cheaper.

what is hyundai thinking? 5.4L for a GLS? Even if this is on road I can see a few better options. Palio for sure, Ikon maybe hell even the Sail and the Getz (while I have not seen it) wont we as solidly built as any of these. Given mumbai's increasing potholes and worseing traffic the most solidlly built car would be my bet.

5.1 on road. Hmmm...

That does sound like quite a bit. For that price, it is competing with the Ford Ikon, Fiat Petra and Palio, the Esteem, and at 6 lakhs, even the Baleno!

But then its a tight situation for Hyundai. Any less and they will go into Santro territory. I think 5.1 -5.4 for the base and mid level options are fairly priced. its on par with the Palio, and with Hyundai's better reputation, it will sell better ofcourse.

When you think about it, its not all that unreasonable. Remember, these are on road prices GTO has mentioned, while most of us think of Ex-showroom prices as seen in the advertisments.

So I'm gonna vote NO, I don't really feel its overpriced.

Rt

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]they took ages to tell me that the gls had power windows for the rear seat !!

Most of these sales persons are duhs and dont know anything about the car. Whenever I visit a dealership the story always ends up as if I'm selling the car to the sales guy

Dippy

P.S : You should have asked him if they also give new speacial seatbelts for women.. the ones we saw in another thread

funny u mention special seat belts. I know one dealer who did not know if the car had rear seat belts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Thus a decently equiped Ford Ikon, Maruti Esteem, Hyundai Accent and Fiat Petra will all cost your pocket a lot less money than the Hyundai Getz.

I thought the base model of Accent was above 5.5 on road, Mumbai.

I think the pricing is ok considering that the Getz is almost as big as the Accent.
But the B and C segments are too close together now for there to be any room for the B+ segment car IMO.
Ford Fusion may fare better because besides being as big as a ikon it also has a 1.6l engine and falls clearly in the C segment.
But a 1.3l hatchback with a body weight of 1100kgs - i doubt the Getz will have a flying start.

hell yea its very high.

Yes.....it is definitely overpriced.Many people will deifnitely say that they would rather have a car with a boot for such a price.

If I was shopping for my car for another two weeks (I bought my car 2 weeks back), still my choice WILL be Fiat Palio D. I am getting the Diesel with all the goodies for a few thousands less than the Petrol Getz. If any hatchback is costing more than 6.0 lacs, I expect it to be VW Golf or something similar to that. Not a Hyundai(CRDI).

would would pay 6lacs for a hyundai crdi hatch?!?!?!
i would rather add a couple of lacs more and would get myself a nice a-class