Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2007, 00:40   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

First we had reports in mags saying Honda were coming with a revamped version of the NHC. Then Honda went to release a public article in the same mag saying there are no plans on introducing NHC with airbags or ABS. And now they go onto to do this? I wonder what would all those owners who read that article from Honda feel like now having bought a car without any safety features? I know most manufac's lie about up coming products verbally, but EVEN after a public print?
Old 12th September 2007, 00:44   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarshansarma View Post
I'm losing my respect for the japs. We have a crap corolla, a really under equipped city. On the other hand look at the americans. Ford has done well with the fiesta, GM has launched a ROCKET called the Magnum...but fools will still buy jap!!
If you say that many of the Japanese cars ask for the moon but deliver very less you may very well have a point there in your hands. But just because you find the American cars attractive you can NOT call those buying the Japanese cars as fools. So please...
Old 12th September 2007, 00:52   #63
Senior - BHPian

And to top it all they qoute the following on their site.

Quote:
When it comes to your safety, Honda leaves no stone unturned. Go ahead and enjoy safe driving in the new city eqipped with SRS airbags and Anti-Lock Braking Syatem (ABS).
Now where the hell was the safety features for the past 4 years of the NHC? That time Honda had left the stone turned it seems.
Old 12th September 2007, 01:05   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarshansarma View Post
I'm losing my respect for the japs. We have a crap corolla, a really under equipped city. On the other hand look at the americans. Ford has done well with the fiesta, GM has launched a ROCKET called the Magnum...but fools will still buy jap!!
Well that's funny considering that the Fiesta & the Optra are about as American as Rakhi Sawant or Laloo Prasad Yadav or Kim Jong-Il!!
Old 12th September 2007, 01:21   #65
Team-BHP Support

The problem with Honda is that they refuse to see the City as anything more than their cash cow. Everything about City and its accessories is just overpriced. They can not even provide 5 alloys in a car so highly priced in comparison to its offerings.

I was also looking at the accessories which Honda lets you choose (they have a customize option on the website). For something as stupid as the lock on the doors (the round thing in which the key goes in) if you want a golden colored one they charge 3500+, similarly for those bumper corner protection (thing rubber strips you see on the corners of the bumpers in many cars) with chrome insert they charge 5900 or some such! I mean hello... There has to be a limit to how much you can fleece people.

That gold plating on the lock probably won't even cost 50 bucks. And the corner protection for the bumpers (set of 4) are available for as little as 220 bucks in the market. I think these buggers are going to stumble sooner than later. Question is how soon people start realizing that they are just paying through their nose for the brand but no other real stuff.
Old 12th September 2007, 01:24   #66
IMP
BHPian

@iraghava - take it easy buddy, i think he meant about the companies being of American origin.

OT: I didn't know you speak French... hehe, i searched for it.
Old 12th September 2007, 01:37   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
@iraghava - take it easy buddy, i think he meant about the companies being of American origin.
Agreed & I understood that but my gripe is that simply because there is a Korean car sold by an American company, it doesn't make it American now does it?

And I took offence to him saying that fools buy Japs, it's not the case in most instances, I can tell you that much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
OT: I didn't know you speak French... hehe, i searched for it.
Nice, isn't it?
Old 12th September 2007, 07:58   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I think these buggers are going to stumble sooner than later. Question is how soon people start realizing that they are just paying through their nose for the brand but no other real stuff.
Valid points there. But then, the reality is that people ARE ready to pay such a premium for the brand, and Honda knows that. Some people really give a damn to safety as much as to a brand. We might call these people something, but for Honda, customers are customers. If people had been purely VFM conscious, City sales should've tumbled by now. That has not happened. For example, I was speaking to a foreign return last week... he said he heard SX4 is serious VFM and giving a run-for-money for City... but finally said he's planning to go for City. And if there's anybody who knows there are people like this, it's Honda.
Old 12th September 2007, 08:00   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
First we had reports in mags saying Honda were coming with a revamped version of the NHC. Then Honda went to release a public article in the same mag saying there are no plans on introducing NHC with airbags or ABS. And now they go onto to do this? I wonder what would all those owners who read that article from Honda feel like now having bought a car without any safety features? I know most manufac's lie about up coming products verbally, but EVEN after a public print?
Does it really matter? They have only introduced the safety features in a car that will sell at a rate near the Corolla HE (which does not have an airbag). I'd say for anoune interested in VTEC with Abs etc. go for a Corolla H1 for about 90000 - 1 lkh OTR extra and get a fantastic car.

Opportunity wasted by HONDA. They proved it that they don't want to give the safety features they talk about to all their customers. They just want to showcase their technology and mark their presence.
Old 12th September 2007, 08:40   #70
Team-BHP Support

There is also the Cedia which has all the features like ABS with EBD twin airbags and still costs 16K lesser than the Vtec plus.

In fact the Optra magnum diesel LS model is just 25K more than the Vtec plus.
Old 12th September 2007, 10:08   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
There is also the Cedia which has all the features like ABS with EBD twin airbags and still costs 16K lesser than the Vtec plus.
In Kolkata, the Cedia Sport now costs the same as the VTec+.
The Cedia Select costs 50-60K less than the VTec+
Old 12th September 2007, 10:39   #72
Senior - BHPian

To hell with honda. I noticed the ad today. they're gonna kill themselves at this rate. Whats there in Honda city for 10 lac? I d probably buy a toyota innova without airbags, I'd still survive for 1 lac lesser!
Old 12th September 2007, 10:53   #73
BHPian

With such pricing and a major feature only with top end model.. this is Honda arrogance.. "we damn care about SX4" attitude. I think the war is over SX4 is clear winner. Many EXi/GXi buyers will shift to SX4, if not all. Watch out even Honda will mend its ways in an year or so. They cannot fool anymore with their stupid smiles while launching their products.
Old 12th September 2007, 11:21   #74
Senior - BHPian

The only people who can teach Honda a lesson are the car buyers. And we all know thats not going to happen. Last month, the NHC outsold the SX4 even without fog lights. I expect the NHC sales to zoom next month. It's sad that most car buyers are so much in awe of Honda that they lap up any crap they dish out.

PS: Before I get flamed for calling Honda products crap, it's the NHC I am referring to. The Civic, Accord and CR-V are brilliant cars no doubt.

Last edited by amit : 12th September 2007 at 11:28.
Old 12th September 2007, 11:24   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Sir, how unbelievable? If you can find a reliable source for the number of cars sold by Honda, I will be glad to accept it. For now, that is the only truth that I can believe ;-)

BTW, the figures I quoted are for August and those mentioned in the link that you provided are for June and July.
Maruti sold 4800+ sedans which include sx4 and Esteem. I assumes 98 of that number should be for sx4 . I don't think many people will buy esteem nowadays. It means that at least 4500 odd sx4s were sold in aug 2007 , still higher number than Honda city 3800+ .

Please check this:
Maruti Udyog Ltd: Maruti 800, Alto, Zen, Wagonr, Versa, Esteem, Baleno, Grand Vitara, Gypsy, finance, insurance, accessories, true value, fleet management solutions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks