Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 17:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Rtech, I'm not sure but I think maruti were forced to replace the 5th spare to alloys for existing and new customers. Customers had filed a case against MUL after which they were told to provide all alloys and a rule was passed for the same. I could be wrong but I remember this. If someone can find a link or confirm this it will be good.
Even I remember something like this... taking back the old rim with tyre and giving out a brand new alloy + fatter tyre cant be a goodwill gesture although maruti would have put this in such a light. It must have cost maruti dearly, as far as I know Maruti makes more profit on VXi than the ZXi... ditto with the SX4.
Old 11th September 2007, 17:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

@VID I think with maruti the issue was different wheel size for the spare tyre hence they where pulled up,

Quote:
To appease irate customers who felt shortchanged by the space-saver spare tyre in their Swifts, Maruti announced last month that it will replace the smaller 165/80 R14 tyre and steel wheel on the ZXi version with the standard 185/70 R-14 tyre and alloy. The issue was initially taken up by a persistent Swift customer who wrote to the Ministry of Heavy Industries which in turn asked government testing agencies like VRDE and ARAI for an explanation about how the Swift was homologated with a smaller spare tyre.
Maruti had some explaining to do, but it was clear that the company had followed what is a common international practice. In all fairness, Maruti clearly mentions in its owner's manual that the Swift ZXi comes with a smaller spare tyre which it says is "intended for temporary emergency use only." Further, the manual clarifies that "the vehicle will handle differently with this temporary spare."

ARAI is now insisting that all cars carry full-sized spares for homologation,
Source:
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 11th September 2007, 17:40   #48
Team-BHP Support

ah so i see it was for the size and not for the alloy. In this case both are 175/65-14 so it's fine but nonetheless sad on part of honda to give only 4 when HM-mitsu/chevrolet and other manufacturers give 5. I believe the older VTEC model had 5 and only now they are giving 4.
Old 11th September 2007, 17:53   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
@VID I think with maruti the issue was different wheel size for the spare tyre hence they where pulled up,

Source:
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
That is fine... but in this case they could have just changed the tyre and not the rim to an alloy or is it that the steel rim cannot take the wider 185 section tyre?
Old 11th September 2007, 18:11   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Guys, I posted this is the other thread too and will post it again here: Honda sold 3095 Honda City ZX cars in August 2007 WITHOUT these features.
Come on... unbelievable number. Honda city sales were down like never before for the past 2 montsh due to SX4 and M&M Logan's release.
Please check this out . New Honda City @ Rs 6.8 lakh-New Launches-Indiatimes Wheels

May be Honda is giving wrong figures to the press.

Last edited by dilsoft : 11th September 2007 at 18:16.
Old 11th September 2007, 18:12   #51
BHPian

honda normal is stressing on nhc to be a city car and seeing indian road they feel none of this safet features r required
Old 11th September 2007, 18:42   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Now that is what I call a Stupid Car Company !!!

SX4 is going to sell even more now. Magnum a much much better option than Vtec Plus. In fact look at Corrolla HE, it willl cost the same as Vtec Plus. Its a segment higher altogether.
No Airbags in HE of Corolla
Old 11th September 2007, 18:54   #53
Team-BHP Support

The cedia Spirit with all the features of the City VTec plus costs Rs.8.6L exshowroom bangalore. In comparison the Vtec plus costs Rs.8.76L exshowroom.

I don't get honda's pricing?
Old 11th September 2007, 19:52   #54
BHPian

Honda is diluting its brand name.
Companies are acting morons to deprive us of the basic safety features.
It's high time that ABS and Airbags are made compulsory by the legislature.
Old 11th September 2007, 20:21   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsoft View Post
Come on... unbelievable number. Honda city sales were down like never before for the past 2 montsh due to SX4 and M&M Logan's release.
Please check this out . New Honda City @ Rs 6.8 lakh-New Launches-Indiatimes Wheels

May be Honda is giving wrong figures to the press.
Sir, how unbelievable? If you can find a reliable source for the number of cars sold by Honda, I will be glad to accept it. For now, that is the only truth that I can believe ;-)

BTW, the figures I quoted are for August and those mentioned in the link that you provided are for June and July.
Old 11th September 2007, 21:37   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
As I have maintained before, let the market decide whether its overpriced or underpowered.
Honda knows that they have a clear advantage here. They are confident that here in India they can get away with any nonsense for some more time. They want to exploit this market as much as possible
Old 11th September 2007, 21:57   #57
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
Honda knows that they have a clear advantage here. They are confident that here in India they can get away with any nonsense for some more time. They want to exploit this market as much as possible
Yep, they should have aligned the EXI prices along SX4 vxi and GXI to map to ZXI. Then they would have taken the battle into maruti's domain. Despite the new launch, nothing changes. Its still a VFM vs Brand battle.
Old 11th September 2007, 22:55   #58
Senior - BHPian

What a Rip-Off! But then, knowing Honda India, this was expected. I feel sorry for the people who will buy the NHC VTEC Plus. And trust me, there are going to be plenty of them!
Old 11th September 2007, 23:07   #59
BHPian

Hi guys,
these features at this price? that too when the car is in its winter years and a new one is around the corner(2008 may).
And what is the point really? The bulk of honda volumes come from the GXI which has got Fog lamps extra??!! this is the model that goes head to head with the SX4. Also honda sales(trust me, iw ork in the industry) are almost half of what they were, pre SX 4. they barely pushed 2000+ last month as opposed to 4500-4800 they did normally. I'm losing my respect for the japs. We have a crap corolla, a really under equipped city. On the other hand look at the americans. Ford has done well with the fiesta, GM has launched a ROCKET called the Magnum...but fools will still buy jap!!
Old 12th September 2007, 00:29   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post

Anyways so much for the gxi[with vtec+abs+airbags]Vs SX4 poll.
Well, lets not even go there. Honda are going 'green' (with envy at SX4??) alright. But please can they sort out their un-environ-mental pricing strategy?!

Most Viewed