Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 00:45   #136
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Crazy Driver for the PTW.

Quote:
Saying Honda will replace IDSI with VTEC since IDSI was not good enough is like saying Maruti replaced Baleno's HPS with EPS in SX4.
Wanna bet on this, Honda is surely replacing the next gen City with Vtec motors and doing away completely with IDSI tech and this is confirmed by Honda itself. You said that MUL replacing Baleno with EPS, well it has been done, its replacement has a EPS, so its no tall order.
Old 14th September 2007, 00:50   #137
Senior - BHPian

comeon guys..peace... don't think this arguments of NHC versus others is going anywhere.. finally it comes to us (read pocket heavy middle-class) to decide what to buy/drive and be happy with it.. Manufacturers irrespective of Honda, Toyota, Suzuki etc., all have their strategy/marketing worked out... In some way or other, most of them are just ripping out of the buyers..and if the common people can't understand this, it's pity
Old 14th September 2007, 00:52   #138
BANNED

Though those cars are phased out, during their times people drove and never felt underpowered. Why should it now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Well, competition has moved on, as BUSA pointed out!
Fiesta 1.6 ZXi=7.18L
NHC EXI=6.8L
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Fiesta 1.6 Zxi- 7.24 (OTR delhi- ACI)
City ZX EXi- 7.38 (OTR Delhi- ACI)
City base is more than fiesta 1.6. Any comments?
Old 14th September 2007, 00:55   #139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Saying Honda will replace IDSI with VTEC since IDSI was not good enough is like saying Maruti replaced Baleno's HPS with EPS in SX4, since HPS had serious issues.

Both are untrue.
Pls. enlighten us as to why you think that HPS has a problem and that is why honda's have EPS. Going by that the Accord has a big problem.

Maruti found it easier to incorporate EPS into all their small cars and continue teh trend in teh mid size cars. The Baleno was an older gen car and being a midsizer always had a power steering designed into it. They were able to use the HPS. The katak sound may not have to do with the HPS at all and could be some other problem.

Did the OHC have EPS? Then why did honda put EPS into the NHC? Was there a problem with the OHC HPS as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Fiesta 1.6 ZXi=7.18L
NHC EXI=6.8L
Those are the wrong prices. The fiesta 1.6Zxi is nearly 1L lesser than the 1.6SXi fiesta. The price you have put up is the SXi pricing. The NHC EXi is 6.91L.

Onroad prices bangalore:
Fiesta 1.6ZXi: 7.45L
Fiesta 1.6SXi: 8.47L
City EXi: 8.02L
City GXi:8.60L

Also the Fiesta SXi has leather and all the goodies. the NHC prices are of the older model and not teh one launched recently.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 14th September 2007 at 01:03.
Old 14th September 2007, 00:56   #140
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Diabloo, how about having a discussion face to face with other BHPians on this topic? We are having a big meet this Sunday for dinner you know. You should come for the meet. Some will be in a better position to explain to you a lot of factors like why its underpowered, why its overpriced etc. Just kidding, it would be nice if you could come for the meet. Unless people know whom they are talking to they will never take you seriously. I promise there will be no talk on NHC from my side though.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 14th September 2007 at 00:58.
Old 14th September 2007, 01:07   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also the Fiesta SXi has leather and all the goodies.
It has ABS as well.....
Old 14th September 2007, 01:10   #142
Senior - BHPian

@diabloo.. you proved your point that NHC is a product of years of refinement and inspite of the underpowered engine, its still a gem for day-to-day use...but that's just it!!!! Beyond a cruising speed, the car craves for more power especially when 3-4 adults are ridding... forget about overtaking, it needs to be revved harder to maintain a cruising speed of 70-80 kmph in higways..what does this tell ya? If you can't seem to have this probem, then I have to admire your driving skills and probably the extra horses from your feet (lol)!!! But having said that, I love NHC for its pampered interiors and mileage!! Only things putting me OFF from NHC is its awefully small wheels, lacks of features, high price and of course, the underpowered engine (non-vtec)..

Last edited by iTNerd : 14th September 2007 at 01:19.
Old 14th September 2007, 01:42   #143
Senior - BHPian

A modified NHC giving 6 kmpl, now what is the hype about FE?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/563396-post33.html
Old 14th September 2007, 01:46   #144
BHPian

Believe me its not anybody fault to praise the Honda city (most ugliest looking car in that category --- My personal thinking ) Honda's craze is such in this county that had city been priced at 10 lacks plus we would still a few people telling every one its the best of the lot Finally when some formidable competition arrived in Form of Sx4 some Honda city fans dont want to accept it

It can be explained in one more way though i am a Honda accord fan and buyer i had made this very interesting observation that if you ask any auto buff for advice between Hyundai sonata Emberra and Honda accord , the prompt reply would be sonata Emberra with 100 things going for it ,but when you look at the sales figure Sonata died even before it was launched
and every one buys an accord in that budget but then every one recommends sonata Emberra

So if people want to buy a city its good ,and if it sells more then Sx4 its the leader in the class ,and if at sometime SX4 sells more then Honda city then city is no more leader in the class no matter how good or bad it may be .

It all about sales Lancer cedia is such a wonderful car but it doesn't hold a candle against the Honda city if one looks at sales ,some times people are so brand obsessed that they wont buy a better product ,but will buy there brand only

Last edited by rubin2006 : 14th September 2007 at 01:48.
Old 14th September 2007, 01:52   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A modified NHC giving 6 kmpl, now what is the hype about FE?
1.Its modified as you said.
2.We dont know how the owner drives it.
3.Its a VTEC ,we`r talking bout the 77bhp NHC here (by here i mean last few pages) right ?
4.Both you and Diablo have proved your respective points so why drag this any further ?
Old 14th September 2007, 05:08   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its a VTEC ,we`r talking bout the 77bhp NHC here (by here i mean last few pages) right ?
Its not a Vtec, but a NHC 1.5EXi, anyways there is nothing to drag about, i understand you own a NHC and everyone loves their cars, dont they
Old 14th September 2007, 08:53   #147
BANNED

NHC & others

My experience driving a friend's NHC IDSI for 600Km, 400 highway & 200 city.

1. 1st gear feeling is different from other cars. It takes some time to get used to it. Power is limited in 1st gear. This is good since, fuel is not wasted in 1st gear.
2. 5 people in the car, 5 big trekking bags in the boot, the car still raced ahead. One old Ford 1.6 worked upto 130Km/hr but still couldn't managed to get past NHC. This for over 50Km. For this the car returned FE of 17.x
3. In city, slot in 2nd or 3rd gear depending on traffic, and you can almost drive like an automatic.
4. Don't see the 77BHP spec. Car feels much better than that number.
5. Comfort & NVH is in different league.
6. Low GC. When fully loaded it scrapes a badly designed hump. In 400Km of highway, never scraped any. In city, just on one hump.

Now, may I ask, underpowered to do what?

Note 1: I don't think IDSI has any problems. The same NHC is sold in many countries and no serious issue has come up. It might be replaced by VTEC in next version but thats due to product development and not due to existing engine has any problems.

Note 2: Somebody said this in another thread. Spec wise Samsung LCD is better. But when you see both Samsung & Sony side by side, picture quality is better in Sony.

Note 3: I was driving between 1500~4000 rpm & I was quite fast on road. Somebody said they red-lined in NHC. Hey man, thats way over 7000rpm. You must have scared the hell out of other drivers
Old 14th September 2007, 10:03   #148
BHPian

Well well boys, last time i checked we were discussing the new pricing of NHC.
what happened here, it seems like it is diabloo against the world here ..like i said earlier the fan following of honda has taken almost a cult status, but no doubt honda got it awfully wrong here.

for a layman (trust me most of the buyers are )it was very easy earlier to choose, they just follow the perceptions and rumours going around.

let's see how according to the budget.

if you have 3 lacs obvious choice is Alto
If you have 4 lacs obivous choice is Santro
if you have 5+ lacs obvious choice is Esteem
and if you have 7 lacs obvious choice was(before the rates and before Sx4) honda City.

And that is the status every car company wants that their products name becomes synonymous with the segment. but the new pricing by honda might just end up putting Sx4 as the leader now.

Like I said earlier the heat is on more option for us now and in future.only after Sx4 people have seriously started educating themselves and considering about ABS, EBD and all.(before any body jumps the gun i am not talking about the bhpians i am talking about the aam janta here )

Like I said earlier the heat is on more option for us now and in future.
Old 14th September 2007, 10:23   #149
Team-BHP Support

Busa and the rest, give it a rest. Stop trying to shove your individual opinions down the the throat of everyone else. State your point and end it there. Cars are bought for different reasons by different people who have different needs and expectations. Understand that and things will fall in place.

No more pointless arguing will be entertained on this thread.
Old 14th September 2007, 12:01   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think IDSI has any problems. The same NHC is sold in many countries and no serious issue has come up.
NHC sold in Thai, Malaysia and other countries comes with a 88bhp tune, wheras the Vtec comes with 110bhp.

Anyone test driven the Vtec Plus, what kind of ABS does it have, 2 channel or 4 channel?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks