Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What's your peeve on the road? - Five things that torture you when driving
Taxis & Autos 78 74.29%
BEST & ST Buses 4 3.81%
Trucks & Trailers 2 1.90%
Pedestrians & Cycles 15 14.29%
The Traffic Cop 6 5.71%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2004, 00:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

What's your peeve on the road?

cheers
Old 16th April 2004, 01:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

That was infact an easy one. Who can possibly beat those three wheeled numb-skulls at irritating others.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 16th April 2004, 01:14   #3

They are seriously irritating. They will sit right in the middle of the fast lane and all the honking doesnt do any good. And they are so damn unstable u cant cut them for fear they will tumble.
Old 16th April 2004, 12:30   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My major peeve is actually not even mentioned in the list provided, its the blatantly ignorant drivers who have no sense of traffic rules, manners or courtesy. Drivers who dont know the ABC's of right-of-way, break traffic lights and do not maintain lane discipline.

Needless to say, I am least affected by this breed when I am in the CJ, No one really messes with the black Jeep.

GTO
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2004, 13:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

hehehe
what peeves me off in hyd, are the cyclists, they come at such a high!!!!!!!! speed and act off as if they are driving the latest superbike!
then its the autos
Old 16th April 2004, 13:32   #6
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

heres my list in order :
1. > taxis & autos best
2.> Pedestrians and cyclists

Cops dont trouble much cos mine is a white Qualis. You guys wont believe me but once in Panvel, my dad lost his way and stopped at a construction site and went upto a "pandu" [not traffic cop] to ask him directions. The moment my dad went upto him this guy was all ATTENTION and gave a salaam to my dad. He thought my dad was a COP.
Old 17th April 2004, 00:43   #7

Hey GTO i agree with u and this is irritating especially on the mumbai pune expressway. Ppl dont understand that the right lane is for overtaking only. The last time i was overtaking someone at around 140 and and almost crashed into this !@#$ in a maruti doing 60 in the fast lane.
Old 17th April 2004, 10:19   #8
Team-BHP Support

Since we are no longer choosing from the list i can definitely say that my personal peeve is when idiots dont follow the general "overtake from the right and let people overtake from the right" rule......simple right of way. I really have NOTHING against someone doing 20km/h as long as they arent in the extreme right lane!!
hahaha.hey this reminds me....one day i got a real shock.....i was driving on marine drive...and i came up behind this black c-class in the right lane. The roads were rather empty, so i was just about to put my indicator on, switch lanes and pass the car in the other lane, but before i knew it the guy in the merc put on his indicator and moved over to let me pass him in the fast lane!! i was SHOCKKED..... i thought i was probably the only person in the country who followed this rule to the fullest extent *....so anyway..i pass him and then look in the car, and in there is none other than Hormazd Sorabjee

cya
Rehaan
Old 17th April 2004, 13:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]No one really messes with the black Jeep.
I agree GTO . I have the same fun with the Sierra. When a rick or cabbie tries to cut in we honk once and then just ram into it . Idiot cant do anything has to just go away.

For me it has to be the ricks , cabs and the iggnorant drivers
Old 17th April 2004, 13:32   #10

It has got to be a cab for me. *I guess I am also saying this more so bcoz I just had a cabbie run into my car and totally scratch my car while taking a turn last night. *I am disgusted with the way cab drivers drive. *They dont even care....and they think they own all the roads...thinking there are no other cars on the road apart from their own.....
sorry but, CAB DRIVERS SUCK!!

kimibabe
Old 17th April 2004, 13:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Taxis & Autos for me...
Firstly these &*(%^^$ dont have a sideview mirror... keep there right hand resting on the window arch.. and are driving the way they want... they are a total menace!
Old 17th April 2004, 13:56   #12
BHPian

who is Hormzad Sorabjee ?? Anyways my vote goes to pedestrians MAINLY for the fact that in certain areas they just cross the road thinking they own it, and then if anything happens then its always the drivers fault and never theirs. This mainly happens in areas where they are living on roadsides eg. when your going from Worli Sea Face to Prabhadevi side.
Old 17th April 2004, 14:10   #13
Senior - BHPian

well guys,

i voted for the cops coz

1) if the traffic lights are on a blink , these guys totally (un)control the traffic.

2) they allow taxis and autos 2 double park & take illegal u turns and stuff but the moment a motorist going at 80 kmph crosses while the signal is amber, the cop risking his life and limb jumps straight into fast lane to halt and fine the guy.

3) they arent bothered what the st and best guys do . maybe they know thats not their major earning area.

4) they are in league with auto guys , hiding until some motorist makes a mistake , jump out of the auto and sometimes even give chase in an auto ( i was shocked to c that , the auto broke all rules and fined the guy )

5) cops on bikes and jeeps think they have the right to drive in the opposite direction as cool as they come and we have to make way for a cop jeep moving dangeroulsy in the wrong direction in the fast lane !!!!

i can go on and on ....but my temper is rising just thinking ...

so for me cops it is , the worst offenders on the road.

ps- they have rule books with the most absurd rules if they cant find u in fault !!!!
Old 17th April 2004, 14:19   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]who is Hormzad Sorabjee
The editor of AutocarIndia

GTO
Old 17th April 2004, 18:54   #15
Sam
BHPian

The dam pedestrians... who the hell do they think they are. I was driving on the sea link one morning being a bit late and rather enjoying driving fast on a 3 lane road i sped around the big corner going towards the western express at about 130 and this idiot sees me coming and tries to make a run for it. Its a bit of a blind corner so i didnt see him before to anticipate it. He then hesitates to cross and moves back and forth... me i didnt know which direction to go so i braked and if anyone has dead braked in my ford from that speed its one long screech. I stopped and the guy started running away.. to top things off there were cops sitting at that corner under the shade and didnt say a word to that guy. The thing is if i had rammed him it would be my fault... why???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks