Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which has the best suspension?
Swift 54 22.22%
Getz 33 13.58%
Indica 24 9.88%
Santro 1 0.41%
WagonR 3 1.23%
Alto 2 0.82%
Estilo 0 0%
Fusion 19 7.82%
Palio 95 39.09%
UV-A 5 2.06%
Spark 3 1.23%
M800 4 1.65%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2007, 14:40   #61
Senior - BHPian

@vid.. With the kind of ride the getz has even at low speeds, I could only infer its "soft".
I did made a few quick U turns and few sudden direction changes and it made sure it wasnt set up for handling... ride quality and comfort taking preference.
Old 13th September 2007, 15:11   #62
BHPian

Driven most of them...i think the palio 1.6 has the best compromise between ride quality and handling.....
Old 13th September 2007, 15:47   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@mclaren.... Getz handling better than Swift and a Palio? The car's got a softish suspension and its a rolly polly thing not meant for track or chucking around corners.
Why don't you get a getz and a palio and check it for yourself on track? Btw, just PM 16v100bhp (?) or any other member who attended the last unofficial track day and enquire about the handling of the palio will ya?
Old 13th September 2007, 15:59   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Why don't you get a getz and a palio and check it for yourself on track? Btw, just PM 16v100bhp (?) or any other member who attended the last unofficial track day and enquire about the handling of the palio will ya?
Unfortunately we dont have a track here, all we can do is improvise and judge viz quick U turns and sudden directional changes. Getz rolled a lot taking quick U turns, when a swift or a Palio 1.6 would almost corner flat. I am just giving my point of view.
Old 13th September 2007, 16:17   #65
BHPian

Swift rulez!

Swift rules when it comes to 'handling'! The "total control feel" inspires great confidence to throw it more over the corners! Its highly precise too while drifting! You know upto what extend it drifts and where it stops! The 'hugging" feel makes us confident to do adventures to a good extent!

Last edited by nikkibike : 13th September 2007 at 16:19.
Old 13th September 2007, 17:18   #66
Senior - BHPian

Driven only Swift and Palio, I prefer the Swift for it's precise steering. Body roll is more in Swift, I think.

@McLaren - I am surprised you think Getz handles better than a Swift. Almost everyone thinks otherwise. Well, I am sure you have your reasons, so i am going to test drive a Getz soon.
Old 13th September 2007, 19:23   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
@McLaren - I am surprised you think Getz handles better than a Swift. Almost everyone thinks otherwise. Well, I am sure you have your reasons, so i am going to test drive a Getz soon.
I Drive a Getz with 195 tyres & it handles great on the highways.I drove a friend's Swift with 185 tyres....just could'nt get the confidence.So,if you test drive a Getz with stock tyres & for a few minutes,you'll never agree with McLaren.
Old 13th September 2007, 19:42   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post
I Drive a Getz with 195 tyres & it handles great on the highways.I drove a friend's Swift with 185 tyres....just could'nt get the confidence.So,if you test drive a Getz with stock tyres & for a few minutes,you'll never agree with McLaren.
Aren't we considering all cars with stock tyres here?
Old 13th September 2007, 19:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

Correct answer: SR-V
Since it isn't there, i've chosen Swift.

And for everyone who's voted for Palio, I've been on the race track with a Palio 1.2 and a 1.6 GTX. Its a very obese car and the limits come too soon. Weight is definitely a hindering factor for handling.So, I wouldn't voted that as the best-handling hatchback.
Old 13th September 2007, 20:35   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78
4. Getz 1.3 (Very good on good roads and equally bad on bad roads)
I dont undertand why people are discussing ride quality on this thread when only handling is under consideration. Guyz, open another thread for ride quality if you want but this thread is about handling only (Thread starter is not bothered about even the balance between ride & handling, Its only handling). So lets stick to the topic, Shall we.
I was talking about handling buddy. I never said ride quality in my post.
I could be wrong as I haven't driven it but I am sure it won't be any good on rough roads.

And, I am still talking about handling.
Old 13th September 2007, 21:41   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Aren't we considering all cars with stock tyres here?
It's not mentioned anywhere....moreover,I can safely assume that most car owners in this forum have upgraded tyres on their cars.
Old 13th September 2007, 22:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post
It's not mentioned anywhere....moreover,I can safely assume that most car owners in this forum have upgraded tyres on their cars.
Now this is what is creating all the confusion in this thread.
Swift with stock tyres and Swift with 15"/16"/17" will have very different road manners...
Now if one starts comparing the cars with stock tyres and the other starts comparing the same cars with upsized performance tyres then the results will vary and the purpose of this thread is lost..

Last edited by kpzen : 13th September 2007 at 22:19.
Old 13th September 2007, 22:44   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Correct answer: SR-V
Since it isn't there, i've chosen Swift.

And for everyone who's voted for Palio, I've been on the race track with a Palio 1.2 and a 1.6 GTX. Its a very obese car and the limits come too soon. Weight is definitely a hindering factor for handling.So, I wouldn't voted that as the best-handling hatchback.
Bingo another thread ruined thanks to people voting for the Palio blindly, i am sure 90% people here have not driven the Getz, 99% have not driven SRV, and around 40% have not driven Swift.

BTW Boss are you reffering to the 1.6 to 16v100's car, if yes that car is on 15inchers and wider rubber(205) so it should be doing a much better job then the stock Palio.
Old 13th September 2007, 22:48   #74
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
BTW Boss are you reffering to the 1.6 to 16v100's car, if yes that car is on 15inchers and wider rubber(205) so it should be doing a much better job then the stock Palio.
Yes, the GTX is 16v100bhp's car. Anything I say against the Palio, I will called a Palio hater/biased etc. So I will refrain from commenting. Though, when I say Getz handles the best and feels the most confident I meant it. But to someone else it might be the Palio that handles better or the Swift. Can't comment about the SRV since I haven't driven it. Its my policy not to talk about cars that I haven't driven. So there.
Old 13th September 2007, 23:03   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Yes, the GTX is 16v100bhp's car. Anything I say against the Palio, I will called a Palio hater/biased etc. So I will refrain from commenting. Though, when I say Getz handles the best and feels the most confident I meant it. But to someone else it might be the Palio that handles better or the Swift. Can't comment about the SRV since I haven't driven it. Its my policy not to talk about cars that I haven't driven. So there.
Mclaren i have driven a Getz on stock rubber, it aint that bad, but consider this a Getz with 205/50/15 tyres and a body kit very slightly or almost negligible improvement in the aero's of the car is going to whip a Palio any day, just my opinion.

For people not knowing which car we are talking about, its one of the best Palio's on the forum.

Click this for more

Last edited by BUSA : 13th September 2007 at 23:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks