Team-BHP - Fiat Petra prices slashed!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat Petra prices slashed!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2874-fiat-petra-prices-slashed.html)

Fiat has just slashed the price of its awesome 1.6 DOHC 100bhp Petra by Rs.20000. Thus the ex-showroom price is now 4.57 lacs in Bombay.

This is not a steal...it aint highway robbery..its not even corporate charity - This is gods gift to Indian petrolheads!!!

Forget Fiats service, at this price I dont even care if they wind up and move out of the country. I will maintain it myself

GTO

Now this is seriously an amazing deal! For the price of a Santro, you get a mid-size car with a 100Hp engine! What more could you ask for!

Sad part is, I still don't think Fiat will move the Petra!!

Rt

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 21 2004,10:28)]Forget Fiats service, at this price I dont even care if they wind up and move out of the country. I will maintain it myself

Pick up one quick. Some dark shade will look nice with great set of alloys.

GTO, can you maintain mine too just kidding. do they offer this car in a hatchback version or is that only available with a 1.2L engine now?

no.. its a full 3 box 1.6ltr thing.... isn't it?

And... won't the palio 1.2 prices kind of coincide with Petra?

and is Fiat website working?.. not here

And for once.. I can't believe this!!!.. does it come with all basic things like power steering, a/c and stuff.... or its.. been ripped off.

No doubt, an absolute steal at this price !
Still its to be seen if fiat will be able to pull this off .

Imagine they relaunch 1.6 GTX palio below 4 lacs in ferrari red color....

GTO,

You've mentioned limited time offer. Whats the duration and as asked by SLK is it still the fully loaded version or a cut down ?

Tarun

This offer is valid uptil the 30th of September (booking with full amount down). And yes...it IS the fully loaded Petra with central locking, power windows, power steering, 14" wheel/tyre combo....the absolute works!!!

Guys, this car used to sell for 7 lacs a while back...and Fiat is just clearing up its dead stock by rebadging the Siena. If you are looking for a sedan right now, shut your eyes and pick one up. Its got ride quality that can match the Opel Astras (perfect for our broken roads), interiors and a back seat that is damned comfortable, a H-U-G-E boot and that amazing european feel to the build quality. No Japanese tinni"ness" here.

Butttttttttttttttttt I would recommend it for the 1.6L DOHC 100 bhp alone!!!

GTO

Whats weird is that the Delhi ad (One that compares Petra with icon etc) says that there's a benefit of 20K till 30th Sep but the Bangalore one doesn't... Maybe Fiat is trying to push the car where the sales are low.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 21 2004,10:28)]This is not a steal...it aint highway robbery..its not even corporate charity - This is gods gift to Indian petrolheads!!!

Forget Fiats service, at this price I dont even care if they wind up and move out of the country. I will maintain it myself

Lol GTO..I loved the way you put it So how about picking up one mate ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]So how about picking up one mate ?

You cant imagine how much this one equation : 100BHP/4.5 Lacs is ringing in my head since morning.

Butttttttttttt I dont need a C segment car right now. Buttttttttttttt this offer is just too good to pass

Confused

GTO

There is more to it. During a casual visit to the Fiat show room in Hyd , anuroop was offering 2002 Sienna ELX at 4.1 ex showroom and I think they were willing to negotiate.

I know for sure it was 2002 coz it was a Tangerine mist Orange and Fiat has stopped that colour now.

Any one is looking for a mid sizer this should be THE DEAL. Nothing can better it.

I think the Petra and Sienna are a bit different in the inside. The Older Sienna has a 130 CC AC compressor ( the NV has it now) and the *Petra has a Variable 154 CC AC compressor , they have moved the catalytic convertor closer to the engine ( as they did it in NV to increase mileage)

Any one buying PETRA should take a note of these two points to ensure that they are getting petra and not a rebadged Sienna.

hay thats really very great ,a hot midsizer for hatchback s price its definitely a corporate charity

whoaaa

thats amazing the amount of car v/s the amount of money spent buying it !!

maan, if only i had pockets deep enuf to run 2 sizzlers , i wud have picked it up......

on other thuts...y not have 2 amazing cars in the same garage !!

i just mite....

What is the use? How many ppl know about this limited offer price cut? Come to think about it, how many ppl know there is a car called Petra in the market? Fiat can give this car for free but it still wouldnt move off the showrooms unless they start marketing the car as if their a**es are on fire!

By the way, I saw the advert. in TImes of India. Brilliant ad i must say. Great job Fiat!
They finally started giving out comparo adverts in news papers. It took fiat close to 10 years to realise something so basic but then better late than never isn't it?