Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2007, 16:20   #31
BHPian

Even I'm In IT.

When thought of buying car my heart said Palio 1.2 but after hearing lot about fiat service I went ahead and booked a Santro(Huyndai used to give 40-50K dicount + 35K worth accessories free at that time on bulk purchase.).Finally i have canceld the booking n got a WagonR for me and I never regret my decsion.After me 5 of my friends bought Marutis 1 Alto 3 WagonRs and a Swift.When we thought of buying a family car in Kerala ended up with another maruti WagonR duo ...!!!!!
Old 31st October 2007, 18:09   #32
BHPian

It has to be Maruti, isn't it?

I'm surprised that some people are surprised to see Maruti on #1.

Who else can be on top? It has to be either Maruti/Suzuki or Hyundai.

But since Maruti is on the market for a very long time, more people trust it.
No other manufacturers (except Hyundai) offers such value for money.

Most IT employees are young and most of them upgrade from no car to first car. For most, money is guiding factor and there Alto becomes de facto choice.
Old 31st October 2007, 20:04   #33
BHPian

sensible answer no other manufacturer offers such a good service. alto is still the cheapest car any newbie can buy & very good driving experience too since its very easy to learn on Alto then on Palio or any other car !!
Old 31st October 2007, 21:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I am NOT in IT but also use a Maruti.
Why does this thread speak of IT only? Why not a lot of other professions?
no idea .. why IT only.. ?
why dont u start a new thread on non-IT people

Quote:
Is it being implied that IT employees are somewhat more 'savvy' or better at selecting the best cars? Or that for some reason they are the best benchmark?
I fail to see the rational behind this exercise. What exactly is being established?
I think u have got it exactly opposite, I think this thread implies that IT guys dont buy performance cars or very expensive cars.. otherwise the thread would have been about IT guys buying vtecs/mivecs/tuner car and their modifications..
Why are u getting the idea that it is being implied that IT guys are a benchmark or they are better at selecting the best cars...?

Quote:
That IT nerds have no clue to which cars to buy?!
Yes thats the point of this thread...something along the lines iof "IT nerds have no clue about tuning/performance cars etc so they just buy Maruti's etc"..or since Maruti has pretty decent prices which make it easier for young guys buy marutis as their 1st car etc etc..
atleast thats what I have understood.

This thread started of with "IT guys and Maruti" , but somewhere along the line there was some friendly leg pulling of IT guys knowing "****" about cars ..
where did u get the idea that it is implied "IT guys" are better at car selection.. ? relax,u are thinking in the wrong direction.
Old 31st October 2007, 22:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Now I'm totally confused. I can't decide whether I'm brilliant or an IT nerd, or just a plain old familiar hole!
I have a WagonR and it's reverse gear does not always engage smoothly! Meaning, to drive the car so that backside moves forward!

Last edited by anupmathur : 31st October 2007 at 22:48.
Old 31st October 2007, 23:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Now I'm totally confused. I can't decide whether I'm brilliant or an IT nerd, or just a plain old familiar hole!
I have a WagonR and it's reverse gear does not always engage smoothly! Meaning, to drive the car so that backside moves forward!
Hmm , we have some issues here.
Maybe you turned the key in the wrong direction so the car moves in the wrong direction ?
maybe I didnt get it right..afterall Im just an IT nerd.
Old 31st October 2007, 23:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That IT nerds have no clue to which cars to buy?!
Most young IT pros are concise buyers. They do dream of having nice and powerful ride, but at the end of the day, practical application and usage pattern do influence the car they buy before their fantasies And the fact, most of them work hard glaring at their workstations with frequent deadline pressures and others. So, they hardly get enough time for having fun with their cars.. hence forth, what's the point of having a powerful ride?
Old 31st October 2007, 23:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
So, they hardly get enough time for having fun with their cars..
On other threads on this wonderful forum you will find exciting ideas by reading up on jerking Safaris and many other cars that jerk with regularity.
There are also accounts of salad bowls, beer, butter chicken, mooli parathas etc.. and how they are enjoyed in-car by various other busy TBHPians.
The kingdom of heaven is not a place, it is a state of mind.
Don't give up and rue your lot.
Old 31st October 2007, 23:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On other threads on this wonderful forum you will find exciting ideas by reading up on jerking Safaris and many other cars that jerk with regularity.
There are also accounts of salad bowls, beer, butter chicken, mooli parathas etc.. and how they are enjoyed in-car by various other busy TBHPians.
Nicely said.. cheers!
Old 1st November 2007, 01:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Nicely said.. cheers!
I think Mathur saab is referring to this thread.
Old 1st November 2007, 03:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa????!!!

What does this have to do with either IT or Maruti!?
Old 1st November 2007, 09:03   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
I think IT guys will be more exposed to online communities like tbhp where a lot of factors are being discussed. So they will be more nearer to a correct and wise decision towards buying which car, than those who are not exposed much to the online communities and are relying upon friends/magazines etc.
Lots of Team-BHPians are IT guys, but very few IT guys are Team-BHPians. So your logic won't hold good. I have rarely met IT guys who are into cars, I find them only in Team-BHP.
Old 1st November 2007, 15:35   #43
BHPian

RE: IT and Maruti

Dont think one can say maruti as "desired" by IT. seems more of "predictability" and a point to point transport medium.

maybe most they surveyed in the industry were looking for just the above.

i am in IT but look below -

------------------
GTX; Cedia Sports
Old 1st November 2007, 16:59   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Lots of Team-BHPians are IT guys, but very few IT guys are Team-BHPians. So your logic won't hold good. I have rarely met IT guys who are into cars, I find them only in Team-BHP.
Samurai..right said....When I talk about cars at my workplace I am looked as if I am a stupid guy....

And on top of that...when I tell...I added something after removing some standard fitment, then the situation goes out of control and me turning a extravagent and stupid guy with a irresponsible behaviour

So thats the way the IT world is. There are very few I have come across who really respect their cars and bikes and treat them as a Family member....

They feel for them
WagonR = space to carry large cargo bags to Ariport for on-site trip
Alto = Paisa bachao andolan...Double maza aur kaam daam
Santro = No wagonR so Santro
Palio = Absolute madness and waste
Baleno = cost of 2 palio with equal waste
anything above that = "Bada boss of compant, so company ne diya rahega"

So this is IT

PS - Yes I am in IT
Old 1st November 2007, 17:11   #45
BHPian

Team bhp community is a very tiny fraction of automobile crazy people! We do not necessarily represent general Indian public's view towards cars (if so, then our market would have been flooded with Palio & Baleno only )

All Indian IT guys are first Indian then IT pro. So, predominant Indian psychology "Value for money" is still a major factor on buying any car!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks